Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIFA 12 - We could not activate FIFA 12 on this computer using the EA account you pro

Discussion in 'PC Gaming Forum' started by jamkart1, Nov 9, 2011.

1. jamkart1

jamkart1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After successfully playing FIFA 12 PC game from the beginning of October, as of 20 October 2011, I could no longer start the game. I have ever since been getting an error message when trying to start the game via Origin stating “We could not activate FIFA 12 on this computer using the EA account you provided”

I have been in contact with EA for many hours and they have not resolved or cured the problem. I have completely uninstalled Origin and FIFA 12, have used Revo Uninstaller to completely remove the program (as instructed by EA), have been given two new game codes and have even tried to log on as another user with a new game code given by EA, all with the guidance of EA customer support and still no success.

Additionally EA have given me a game code for a different game to see if that operates on my PC and that alternative game does operate, which demonstrates that Origin is functioning and therefore the fault seems to be FIFA 12.

Following many more calls to EA Customer Support, an EA advisor finally admitted on 7 November 2011, that they cannot solve the error. I was told the fault will be reported to the game programmers and that I would get an email response from them on 8 November 2011.
    After yet again another empty undertaking from EA customer support, it is now 9 November 2011, and the promised email response from EA did not materialise.

EA have not got a clue on how to react to the error message. But worse is the customer support, they may be polite when they speak, but it is a hugely frustrating experience. I have now been in contact with EA for the past 3 weeks and find myself with zero progress and a large telephone bill and a game that will not work. I have noticed on Google searches that a similar fault also appears on Battlefield 3, so it is a problem that also occurs on other EA games.

Has anybody else on this forum experienced a similar error message and resolved the fault? I have posted all of the above on the EA forums without success.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  2. OLDCell

OLDCell Active Member

Ratings:
    +778
    I had it once come up for BF3 but after restarting Origin it then worked. So I'm not much help!
  3. jamkart1

jamkart1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It just gets worse.

In view of EA's inability to rectify the FIFA 12 error code fault, I finally gave up on trying to launch FIFA 12, and demanded a game code for a substitute game. EA Customer support therefore gave me a game code for Battlefield 3 and now I am getting exactly the same error code which says “We could not activate Battlefield 3 on this computer using the EA account you provided”

This is even more painful, because Battlefield 3 is a large 11.4 GB file which takes ages to download and when the game would not launch, EA customer support asked me to uninstall Battlefield 3 and they then entered a new game code on my Origin account. I then had to re-install the large 11.4 GB download for a second time and Battlefield 3 still does not launch.

What is happening with EA – this is just not acceptable. Why do I have to make daily phone calls to EA customer support which results in no progress?

Has anbody suceeded in finding a solution to activate EA games or any idea how can I escalate this problem so that somebody with responsibility who actually cares about their products, can resolve this?
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  4. Greg Hook

Greg Hook Moderator & Reviewer

Ratings:
    +3,751
    Perhaps need to start from the basics. Before you start the games have you made sure all firewalls and anti virus software are turned off?
  5. jamkart1

jamkart1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have already gone back to basics and turned off the firewall and antivirus which made absolutely no difference!
  6. jamkart1

jamkart1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As an update to any other users with a similar activation error, I have made my daily call to EA customer support and they have finally admitted there is a unknown fault. EA have confirmed all my Origin account settings are correct and they agree that to be issued 5 separate game codes (FIFA 12 and Battlefield 3) highlights that this is not acceptable service for a customer to endure.

EA do not know how to resolve the fault and will investigate further. They have taken all of my computer specification details, email address and telephone number and have agreed to escalate this fault.

I will update further as soon as I get my promised feedback from EA!
  7. Deadringers

Deadringers Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,761
    have you created a new origin account?

i.e. under a new email address?
  8. Deadringers

Deadringers Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,761
    oh and btw worth pointing out that by this stage if you had gone the pirate route of just stealing the game you could have had no phone bills, free games and been playing them since day one.

so much for paying customers getting better quality goods :thumbsdown:
  9. jamkart1

jamkart1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes - One of the EA customer support solutions was to try a new game code using a new email address and that still resulted in the same activation error message.

I am sure part of this problem is EA trying to beat game piracy!
  10. Greg Hook

Greg Hook Moderator & Reviewer

Ratings:
    +3,751
    I suppose the last thing to do (if you haven't already) is completely reinstall windows.