Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIFA 12 - Preliminary Leagues - League A Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Games Forum' started by sdb123, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carlow

Carlow Active Member

Ratings:
    +313
    no comment ;).. nah it isn't :)
  2. bazfoster

bazfoster Active Member

Ratings:
    +462
    Pretty quiet in here.....anyone up for a game this arvo, just message if you see me on.
  3. bazfoster

bazfoster Active Member

Ratings:
    +462
    Ireland (hotchilidamo) 2 - 0 (bazfoster) USA

Fully deserved win, could have been 10 but for missed chances, last minute blocks and Tim Howard.

I really am crap at this, and to me, despite everyone saying defending is more patient in this game....I still find myself being closed down at 300mph all over the pitch. Can't find any space and have to pass immediately to avoid being tackled, which usually results in a weak or misdirected pass.

Ho hum, well played though bud! :)
  4. benmango

benmango Member

Ratings:
    +126
    benmango 3 - 1 Tommy Teapot
    Tommy Teapot 0 - 3 benmango

First match, Tommy started off strongest and put away a nice goal to go in 1-0 up at half-time.
    I was having difficulty stopping him upfront, but had to push for it in the 2nd and the pressure told in the end. Close game though overall!
    An early goal from a scramble from a corner gave me the lead in the second, and then a *slightly* dubious penalty (because there was no replay, nice one FIFA) gave me a 2-0 lead. I got another in the second half but this was a much better performance. Despite some nice trickery upfront I managed to keep the defence relatively secure.

Good games Tommy, tough opponent and enjoyed your play - unique and particularly effective in the 1st. :thumbsup:
  5. Tommy Teapot

Tommy Teapot Member

Ratings:
    +224
    nice write up, you thoroughly deserved to win the last game and i was lucky in the first game! i was hanging on by the skin of my teeth :) good games :smashin:
  6. Carlow

Carlow Active Member

Ratings:
    +313
    Samboro19 0-5 Carlow
    Carlow 1-1 Samboro19

1st game was rather..i took a 2-0 lead after 10 mins, and sam hit the post soon after..twice..:).. halfway through the 2nd half i made it 3-0, then sam decided to score an OG from the kickoff/his pad died :D, did score 1 more after that, spent the rest of the half passing the ball around :p.

2nd game was much closer, both sides can claim to feel hard done by for not getting the win, both GK's keept the score low, but in the end it was an 89th minute Equaliser for Sam that saw it end 1-1.
  7. benmango

benmango Member

Ratings:
    +126
    I'm on tonight if anyone fancies a game?

Will be on Batman but just throw me a msg!
  8. Largegreenman

Largegreenman Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Morning,

If anyone's about, I should be online from about 20:00 tonight for an hour or so.
  9. bazfoster

bazfoster Active Member

Ratings:
    +462
    Anyone around during the next few hours?

Off this week, and this thread has been dead so time to liven it up....who wants an easy 4 points! :D
  10. bazfoster

bazfoster Active Member

Ratings:
    +462
    Bazfoster (USA) 3 v 0 (SCOTLAND) Samboro19

After early Scotland pressure, USA began to get a grip on the game and hit largely on the counter attack to take the win against the run of play. 2 from Altidore sandwiched by a Donovan penalty stole the points in this one. Thanks Tim Howard!

Bazfoster (USA) 2 v 4 (SCOTLAND) Samboro19

The second game started identically to the first, except Scotland put away their chances. The game felt totally different to the first as I felt like all my players were running through mud and it took an age for a pass to register with many passes falling short or straight to Scotland players.

Scotland raced to a 3-0 lead through a Kenny Miller hattrick, before Altidore pulled one back with just over 10 minutes to go. I could sense the Scottish players nerves now so pushed on to pull a further goal back through Altidore before Scotland regained composure to seal the tie through Miller's 4th of the game.

Completely outplayed and god knows how I won that first one! WP buddy :)
  11. bazfoster

bazfoster Active Member

Ratings:
    +462
    Bazfoster (USA) 1 - 1 (Ireland) Hotchilidamo

What a player damo is. Really couldn't get close to him for most of the match, almost unplayable in attack and a rock at the back making it almost impossible to take any of his defenders on, just waiting to steal the ball away.

Had to work immensely hard to restrict his chances and at one point had hopes of keeping it to a 0-0. Once he scored through Doyle after 38' I pretty much knew I had to just stop him scoring from then on, which I managed...just.

One of my breakaway's down the left side saw an early cross bundled in by Jones for the most undeserved equaliser of all time, and must have had damo smashing his controller! Not sure quite how I beat the keeper and defender to the ball, but I'll take it!

Deep into 4 minutes of stoppage time, there was still time for me to smash the ball against damo's post and at the other end he crashed a free-kick just wide of the upright.

Phew. I played better there than our first game but still had just 2 shots to his 13. Well played, and very unlucky! :)
  12. simpo

simpo Member

Ratings:
    +103
    Should be on tonight for some games.
  13. hotchilidamo

hotchilidamo Active Member

Ratings:
    +285
    Good game mate, I saw it as a much more even game. Looking forward to more games against you next season :smashin:
  14. simpo

simpo Member

Ratings:
    +103
    Anyone about today? Last day of play :rolleyes:
  15. benmango

benmango Member

Ratings:
    +126
    benmango 4 - 1 tomakasatnav
    tomakasatnav 0 - 3 benmango

Good games mate, thought we were both a bit rickety at the back although I probably deserved both, and thankfully for me your striker couldn't aim straight to save their lives! Comedy moments for me where in the first game when my striker was 1 yard out, open goal and somehow fell over when shooting and it hit the post :laugh:
    And in the second game the referee blew for a foul, and started running round in circles blowing his whisle every 2 seconds, I was pee-ing myself at that!
    Cheers again tom. :thumbsup:
  16. benmango

benmango Member

Ratings:
    +126
    Final day game bonanza! Shame the people I had left to play didn't seem to be every on when I am :( (which is a lot!).

hotchillidamo 1 - 4 benmango
    benmango 3 - 0 hotchillidamo

I should've really had the first one wrapped up by half-time but only 1-0 up and then 2-1 up when Doyle got an Irish goal and it was a tense second half, thankfully a late corner goal and a defensive error gave me 2 more goals.
    Second game (in the snow) was settled by a few headed goals again, Yildraz is legendary in the air. Ireland were very unlucky narrowly shooting wide and hitting the bar aswell.
    Cheers damo. :)
  17. sdb123

sdb123 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,239
    Final League Table chaps....thanks for those who participated in the league.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8 Column 9 Column 10 Column 11 Column 12 Column 13
    0 Position Player Team Played Won Drawn Lost Goals For Goals Against Goal Difference Points Win % Game Cmp %
    1 1 JaminTastic Turkey 10 10 0 0 36 3 33 30 100 63
    2 2 hotchilidamo Ireland 12 4 6 2 23 22 1 18 33 75
    3 3 Chris Davidson Colombia 9 5 1 3 27 26 1 16 56 56
    4 4 Tommy Teapot Norway 8 3 3 2 16 14 2 12 38 50
    5 5 Largegreenman Switzerland 10 2 3 5 13 19 -6 9 20 63
    6 6 tomakasatnav Mexico 10 2 3 5 13 20 -7 9 20 63
    7 7 Car1ow Denmark 8 1 3 4 13 19 -6 6 13 50
    8 8 bazfoster United States 5 1 2 2 7 8 -1 5 20 31
    9 9 Samboro19 Scotland 8 1 1 6 10 27 -17 4 13 50

JaminTastic will have to play one handed and blindfolded next season! :laugh:

Steve
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.