Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory Reset Sony BDP S550 How?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players' started by Deanooo7, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Deanooo7

Deanooo7 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Happy Xmas All.

I Kindly received a Sony BDP S550 for Xmas from the other half and on Xmas day I set it up round the parents house to demonsrate the quality of Blue Ray:) During the set up I set it to HDMI and 1080P.

The problem I have is my current TV at home isn't HD ready and I connect via Component, the result is I dont get a picture when all is connected at home.

Does anyone know how to reset the Player to the Factory set up so I can re-run the set-up sequence again?

I have checked the manual and it says to re-run the easy setup on the players main menu but seeing as I can't see anything on the screen thats abit of a hard task.

Regards

Dean
  2. kingfats

kingfats Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7,842
    Can you connect via the video connection to get a picture?
  3. Deanooo7

Deanooo7 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Didn't think of that one cheers :thumbsup:
    Will give a go in minute when the misses has finished watching Eastenders and report back.
  4. Grumpykev

Grumpykev Member

Ratings:
    +47
    You could try this: turn the player on, wait for Home to appear in the display then press left on the remote for a couple of seconds and then down, then hit enter twice. That sequence should have taken you to the factory reset option. Good luck!
  5. 337GUS

337GUS Member

Ratings:
    +18
    To change HDMI to Component

Try power off/on so DVD shows HOME

Left x 3
    Up
    Enter
    Up
    Enter
    Down
    Return
    Enter​
    Gus
  6. Deanooo7

Deanooo7 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    :):)All Sorted and off and running, If I read the manual it told me all along!
    I had to hold the Stop button down for 10secs and it resets the player to the lowest Resolution 486i/576i from 1080P and this then enabled me to enter the correct outputs e.t.c.

Thanks for your help.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1