1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory Reset Sony BDP S550 How?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players' started by Deanooo7, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Deanooo7

Deanooo7 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Happy Xmas All.

I Kindly received a Sony BDP S550 for Xmas from the other half and on Xmas day I set it up round the parents house to demonsrate the quality of Blue Ray:) During the set up I set it to HDMI and 1080P.

The problem I have is my current TV at home isn't HD ready and I connect via Component, the result is I dont get a picture when all is connected at home.

Does anyone know how to reset the Player to the Factory set up so I can re-run the set-up sequence again?

I have checked the manual and it says to re-run the easy setup on the players main menu but seeing as I can't see anything on the screen thats abit of a hard task.

Regards

Dean
  2. kingfats

kingfats Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7,747
    Can you connect via the video connection to get a picture?
  3. Deanooo7

Deanooo7 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Didn't think of that one cheers :thumbsup:
    Will give a go in minute when the misses has finished watching Eastenders and report back.
  4. Grumpykev

Grumpykev Member

Ratings:
    +47
    You could try this: turn the player on, wait for Home to appear in the display then press left on the remote for a couple of seconds and then down, then hit enter twice. That sequence should have taken you to the factory reset option. Good luck!
  5. 337GUS

337GUS Member

Ratings:
    +18
    To change HDMI to Component

Try power off/on so DVD shows HOME

Left x 3
    Up
    Enter
    Up
    Enter
    Down
    Return
    Enter​
    Gus
  6. Deanooo7

Deanooo7 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    :):)All Sorted and off and running, If I read the manual it told me all along!
    I had to hold the Stop button down for 10secs and it resets the player to the lowest Resolution 486i/576i from 1080P and this then enabled me to enter the correct outputs e.t.c.

Thanks for your help.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1