Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory Reset for Sharp LC32GD8e

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by seajays, Dec 8, 2007.

1. seajays

seajays Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Does anyone know how to do a full factory reset of the Sharp LC32GD8e?

Earlier this year, our Sharp started to display bright green areas, after calling support it turned out this is a software fault which can occur, for which there is a firmware update. They sent an engineer up and he did a factory reset first by pressing some buttons at the top of the TV while turning it on. This fixed the problem, and he said it shouldn't recur, however to be on the safe side he also updated the firmware.

My parents have the same TV and theirs had been OK until now, and it has now started to exhibit the same behaviour - unfortunately it's out of warranty! Does anyone know what the magic keypress is that allows you to do a full factory reset of the TV? (Not just the reset through the ordinary menu, as that doesn't fix the problem).

I noticed another post saying that you hold down Vol-, Ch- while turning it on, but I've tried that and it doesn't seem to work...

Also, anyone know of a way to get the firmware updated out of warranty? would it cost a lot?

Thanks,
    Colin.
  2. ppreuscho

ppreuscho Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    it's probably service mode or something - try this one

on the top of tv press and hold - vol and input change button then press power on - still hold -vol and inp. for about 6 secs until TV is on. then u have access to menu and all stuff. I don't know if it's a reset but works.
    then u will see in lhs corner :
    PCRTW
    I don't know what it means and I coudn't change that.
    my TV is switching off itself after 5 min. still working on it
    patrick
  3. Jmdnnlln

Jmdnnlln Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hello all..

I may be able to give you some help..

I have the same tv and I get the "" MISTY"" effct on my tv..I watched the tech bloke enter the engineer mode on my set and he sorted the problem out in seconds...I am also out of warranty and this being the second time I have had problems with a lcd

REMEMMBER IF YOU FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

On top of your tv there is four buttons...

1...Turn your tv off

2...Hold down TO THE LEFT the volume button and the CHANGE CHANNEL button.
    At the same time hold down the AV select button (round button)

3... Now press the tv ON button KEEP ALL THE BUTTONS DEPPRESSED untill the TV turns on...

4... By now the screen should have come on with a engineers menu on.

5... Using your remote scroll up and down the menu using the ""P"" button...on the menu you will notice items saying RESET..click either ""OK"" OR using the navigation buttons on your remote (thats the 4 surrounding the ok button"" press the right arrow then press ok.

6... Scroll through all of the pages ALL 11 of them and reset them all.

At this point your tv on/off button may not work..simple turn off at the socket and everthing should have been reset.

Now turn your TV off then back on again.

Hope this may help you all...

I only suffer from the ""misty"" effect at the moment but I noticed in the engineers menu that there is a reset section for the tuner.

It's now 2011

Dosen't time fly!! :0)

Jim
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  4. bethlain

bethlain Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you very much for the reset information, it has just saved me a costly engineer visit. i think the reason most people do not reply or say thanks is due to the need to register. dont get down about it, im sure most would say it if they didnt have to register.
    just a little note, to get out of the programming menu you have to repeat the same button hold down sequence or it stays in engineer mode.
    many thanks. mikey.
  5. Jmdnnlln

Jmdnnlln Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks bethlain :)...
    I must have been having one of those days when I added that little annotation.:laugh:

Glad I saved you a little cash especially in these hard times:thumbsup:
  6. caffn8td

caffn8td New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went through the entire registration process just so I could say "Thank You!"

I bought this TV for 40 quid, with the 'misting'/contrast problem thinking it may be a malfunctioned circuit board, but I thought I'd give a factory reset a try.

It worked.

I also found something on the remote control that may be of interest.

With my OCD working overtime, I took apart the remote to clean it, and noticed there are extra buttons on the circuit board. Of note is the button labeled "K38". It's the very bottom left button about 1.5cm under the "truD" button.

K38=Engineering Menu=AWESOME!!!

I haven't tried the others yet, but thought I'd share that little nugget of information.

Thank you again!!! YOU ROCK!!!

caffn8td
  7. Jmdnnlln

Jmdnnlln Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi there caffn8td...It's been some time since I was on here..and I have in the past quoted 'doesn't time fly'...well it does my friend...
    I hope you see my thanks for your reply!!....MANY THANX!