Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 No longer Free to view - We need your support!!

Discussion in 'F1 Formula 1 Forum' started by johp778, Jul 29, 2011.

1. johp778

johp778 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi All

It has been announced today, that from next year, the full formula 1 season, will only been shown on Sky Sports and the BBC will only show half of the seasons races live and the rest will be only available as highlights. This will mean thousands of viewers will be forced to either buy a TV package from Sky or Virgin or not be able to watch the full season.

You may not be an F1 fan, but We all pay our TV licence, why should poorer F1 fans be forced out of viewing!!

Please help support all our F1 fans by signing my petition.

Keep THE FULL Formula 1 Season FREE TO VIEW!!!!

Please ask all your friends and family for their support. We need to stand upto these big organisations and get them to listen to the nations viewers!

Thank you
    Paul
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Citizen J

Citizen J Active Member

Ratings:
    +665
    There are so many different petitions this is going only further confuse people. Could you please sign the first on in my signature as it seems to be the most popular at the moment.
  3. ganga

ganga Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi Paul. I've never ever watched F1 in my life (and very much doubt that will change), however i'm absolutely sick of Sky's dominance now after today. Therefore i've signed the petition and urge EVERYONE (F1 fan or not) to do so. We must remember that Sky have made many sports, unaffordable to the mass audience over the years. I was planning to get Sky sports on Virgin to watch the cricket, but now their is not a chance in hell of that happening.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. plasma3d

plasma3d Active Member

Ratings:
    +308
    I couldn't find the one on your signature but have signed pauls :thumbsup:
  5. samsungman

samsungman Member

Ratings:
    +9
    im really not bothered, been sky sports subscriber for years and also parents were when i lived with them, kinda of looking forward to what extras sky can bring to the coverage, they transformed football to what we take for granted today. maybe they can do the same with f1
  6. plasma3d

plasma3d Active Member

Ratings:
    +308
    Brainwashed :suicide:
  7. johp778

johp778 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi All

PLEASE READ THIS UPDATE!!

There are several F1 petitions out there, I am trying to get them altogether to get 1 massive petition, here is a petiton that I would like to ask you all to sign and again pass it on, We may end up signing several different petitons for the same thing, but we need to do it

Petition for totally FREE-TO-AIR Formula 1 from 2010 - Petition Online - UK

Thank You for your support
  8. The Atheist

The Atheist Member

Ratings:
    +149
    Shouldn't that say 2012 not 2010!!??
  9. mrbobc

mrbobc Active Member

Ratings:
    +366
    the trouble is, i, along with most others i feel, dont think its worth it. sure if you could get well over 50% of the total viewing figure (and im talking 80%) then it might be worth it but a few tthousand here and there or even 10s of thousands wont matter.

thats business for you, your opinion doesnt count, if the numbers add up, its happening! im sure they have a budget and if the price is prohibitive theyll just say no, canning radio stations and the like is counter productive what with redundancies and, the potential rival petition etc, its just not viable.
  10. neilios

neilios Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,131
    Footballs rubbish today...ruined the game with its money ,tv fans ...etc,etc...
  11. davepuma

davepuma Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,232
    They transformed the coverage with multiple cameras, quality sound, great pre-match build-up and post-match analysis and I agree Sky's football coverage is brilliant but it has also completely ruined the game. The rich clubs get richer etc. and now any tom, dick and harry buys a club, not because the love it but purely to make a fast buck. The players and agents have too much power. It now costs two arms and two legs to go to a game. Look at half the EPL, they're now run by foreigners who don't care about anything other than making some £/$/Yen. A lot of the deals have been dubious to say the least. Why else did the likes of Portsmouth and West Ham change hands several times during a season? There have been rumours and allegations of money laundering and all sorts. F1 is hardly squeaky clean but the technical espionage etc. have added to the mystique of the sport. I don't see F1 leaving FTA and going to Sky as anything but negative. The BBC's F1 production is probably as good as you will see of any coverage of any sporting event anywhere in the world. Sky would be hard pushed to beat it and I really fear what they will churn out. Their motorsport coverage has been very poor so far.

Anyway, here's hoping we get a good race today to match the qually session to make up for an otherwise disappointing F1 weekend.
  12. hdsport

hdsport Member

Ratings:
    +235
    George Reynolds, Peter Risdale, Geoffery Richmond etc all proved it's not the nationality of the owner/chairman but that makes them a fit and proper person.
  13. l34052

l34052 Member

Ratings:
    +91
    Signed this and the original aswell. As someone above stated though, it wont make a blind bit of difference cause us meanial creatures that watch every race religiously for their entire life dont matter at all aslong as those at the top have their pockets well and truly stuffed with money.

Its a sad day indeed for F1, its all goin the way of A1 GP anyone remember that? exactly........:(:mad: