Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 Closed season Chit Chat

Discussion in 'F1 Formula 1 Forum' started by John, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MartinMiller

MartinMiller Member

Ratings:
    +241
    Is there any news on the Japanese Grand Prix being affected with the tragic events that have unfolded?

Martin
  2. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples Active Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Good point. Yes I know a bit crass to be thinking of minor effects like this, but I do hope not, not after having lost one already, and especially one like Suzuka.
  3. HMHB

HMHB Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,380
    I've not seen anything about whether this race will be affected or not but it doesn't take place until October. Suzuka is quite a bit South from where the major problems are.
  4. Citizen J

Citizen J Active Member

Ratings:
    +665

Indeed, the situation has got a lot worse since the race was called off last month. Bernie did say the race will be rescheduled and it is simply a postponement but it isn't totally ridiculous to predict the postponement altering to a cancellation.

I agree with notion that sport should be kept out of politics as much as possible but like you stated the ongoing troubles there cannot be ignored (IMO).
  5. hdsport

hdsport Member

Ratings:
    +235
    For those who are wanting some motorsport as well as Moto GP it's the start of the ALMS with the 12 hours of Sebring.

New broadcast deal this year means it's not (live) on TV but it is streamed online on ESPN3 in the US and on the ALMS website for the rest of us.

American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patron 2011

(starts 10:30am EST/14:30 GMT)
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  6. tapzilla2k

tapzilla2k Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Ratings:
    +605
    That'll be his big test for this season - overtaking properly, I think it'll be harder for one driver to lead a race with the sort of gap we've had in previous seasons purely due to the tyre wear and other factors (Kers/Moveable wings/Rain). I'm not entirely convinced Vettel can overtake without bashing into other drivers as his attitude is "Get outta my way" and seems to get vexed when the other driver doesn't move out of his way, which leads to Crash Bang Wallop Time. I expect we shall see more fireworks from Vettel and Webber this year.

I think the problem with Alonso is that his desire to win makes him say some rather silly things and act like a spoiled 2 year old when things don't go his way. But he is an awesomely talented driver, F1 would be poorer without him. I've seen Alonso up close in Oxford (he used to live in the city) with a gaggle of models around him, he looked utterly miserable.

As for Japan ? I believe the Moto GP race was pushed back to October, so depending on how things go in Japan (infrastructure, nuclear issues) the Grand Prix will probably go ahead as scheduled.
  7. Steven

Steven Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,487
    They're saying the new tyres will result in minimum 3/4 stop strategies so I don't think it will longer be possible for RBR to fall back on quali pace and then stretch out a lead during the race for the mandatory one stop no longer. Which should result in a more compact field. Dunno, I'm just guestimating

On another note I really hope Hamilton and Button fight it out near the front to shut the haters up. Saying that I have Alonso and Webber in my fantasy team :laugh:
  8. scanz

scanz Active Member

Ratings:
    +731
    Yeah the amount of stops they are predicting is interesting, could possibly see some new race winners.

I hope so too, Lewis is my number 1 driver in my fantasy team! :rolleyes: :facepalm:
  9. John

John Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,636
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.