F1 2012 - next , Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
BluWarfareHD09 said:
Can does anybody know what time the actual race starts as I don't tend on watching the build up as I've got a few things that I need to get done. Thanks in advance

P.S. I don't know if this will make a difference but I'll be watching it on the BBC today.

Race start will be 13:00 UK time.

Can does anybody know what time the actual race starts as I don't tend on watching the build up as I've got a few things that I need to get done. Thanks in advance

P.S. I don't know if this will make a difference but I'll be watching it on the BBC today.

Race Start is 1pm (UK) as normal.

BBC on air at 12:10
Sky on air at 11:00

By the way the official F1 site is pretty useful for this as it will convert it to your local time wherever you are in the world,

http://www.formula1.com/default.html (on right hand side)

Last edited:
jesus, sky do a TWO HOUR intro! what the hell do they fill that with?

Having endured a couple of these, I can say lots of adverts and attempts at mimicking the BBC chemistry (and failing). Though the technical spots are decent enough.

Can't see Lewis doing much today. With the old wing, and his car set up for high downforce, he's already giving away 0.4 secs on the straight to Jenson. Just hope they don't opt for the same set up at Monza (though nothing would suprise me with McLaren).

Last edited:

mostly stuff not worth watching I think, though I heard brundle say yesterday that sky recorded a feature of him driving the old circuit and they would be showing it, that is the only reason I have it on the tv right now. if it wasn't for that, I would have something else on.

Having endured a couple of these, I can say lots of adverts

They (so far) never have adverts when they are head to head with the BBC so you can expect that after 12 (once the Beeb go to air) you won't get any until after the race (usually once the BBC come off air).

It does make it a little more irritating when they are exclusively live that they add in more ads.

Last edited:

Indeed my thoughts exactly! Even worse when they do a rerun of qualifying (for example) they also show the whole lot of garbage before qualifying starts. So there's no highlights of the qualifying as far as I can see.

Even worse when they do a rerun of qualifying (for example) they also show the whole lot of garbage before qualifying starts. So there's no highlights of the qualifying as far as I can see.

Just turn it on an hour into the show ;)

I guess with quali the 'shelf life' is quite short so there's not much point for Sky to go to the effort of creating a highlights package when they have plenty of air time to fill on a dedicated channel and for half the races the BBC have a highlight show as well. Plus there's website clips/Sky Sports News to fill part of that need.

I prefer having a whole re-run of sessions (including build up/reaction) partly as it's useful if I need to re-record something for my 'personal archive'.

Would just say whilst it's good to see Ant back I'd like to see McNish used again (Audi commitments permitting).

Last edited:
Come on Jenson

Jesus,what a crash, I'm not quite sure what to make of that.

Very sad on Alonso, caught in between the madness.

I think the stewards should have adopt a stern view towards Grosjean. Someone could have been seriously hurt there.

jalaldevil said:
Very sad on Alonso, caught in between the madness.

At least the Championship fight might stretch a bit further :)

2.6 sec. tyre change from Button's crew!:eek:

It's all a bit boring now, need some rain lol

Well done Jenson, great drive but apart from the star a rather dull race

Well done Jenson, great drive but apart from the star a rather dull race

Yeah must admit feeling a bit detached from it after the start. If only Lewis had jinked to the right a bit :rolleyes:. Still, Grosjean was clearly at fault. Cakewalk win for Jenson in the end, but he made it happen so fair play to him.

What's this about Lewis and a tweet.

Last edited:
Yeah must admit feeling a bit detached from it after the start. If only Lewis had jinked to the right a bit :rolleyes:. Still, Grosjean was clearly at fault. Cakewalk win for Jenson in the end, but he made it happen so fair play to him.

go to the bbc website and watch the on board of hamilton. there literally wasn't a tyre's width of tarmac to his right. grojean just cut straight into him. i genuinely can't see a moment where lewis could have avoided that. slowing down to avoid grojean would be just as dangerous to any cars behind him. you have to trust that drivers will be aware of other cars around them and not for the first time grojean simply failed to do that. be interesting to see if the FIA take any steps or just put it down to a racing accident.

Have to say it was a very strange thing to tweet

There has been a lot of strange messages coming out between LH & his team this season imo. To be honest, as a LH fan, it has felt quite uncomfortable to watch him driving for McLaren this year because of those messages, and if he is indeed staying with them, I only hope they sort out whatever it is that's going on.

there literally wasn't a tyre's width of tarmac to his right. grojean just cut straight into him. i genuinely can't see a moment where lewis could have avoided that. slowing down to avoid grojean would be just as dangerous to any cars behind him. you have to trust that drivers will be aware of other cars around them and not for the first time grojean simply failed to do that. be interesting to see if the FIA take any steps or just put it down to a racing accident.

Totally agree having now seen the replay a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom