F1 2012 - next , Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from watching a replay at my brother's..........I didn't think Sky would show a full 1hr 30min build up for the replay version :rolleyes:. Still it did give me a chance to taste their coverage, which was pretty much a carbon copy of what the BBC have been doing....imitation-flattery and all that, but I guess there's only so many ways you can do that stuff.

As for the race, I think it will be more than covered by a highlights programme this time around...not exactly heart-stopping. Well done to Jenson and hard luck for Lewis not to get second.

Jenson is such a classy guy these days. So relaxed and confident in his own abilities. Really early days but hard to predict against the same top three drivers as last season. In what order however is the question

Couldn't agree more, it's going to be close!! I'm so excited for Williams as well!

Jenson is such a classy guy these days. So relaxed and confident in his own abilities. Really early days but hard to predict against the same top three drivers as last season. In what order however is the question

it's all gravy for jenson, now. after 8 years of pretty average performance, he looked like he was on the way out of f1, then came brawn and it's been success ever since. those 8 years of never really having the car or chance to be a gp winner have given him a maturity and objectivity that few can match. i'm really not sure lewis can beat this chap, now... at least mentally.

Last edited:
Was it a team decision. To bring Lewis in the same time as Jenson

amd mad said:
Was it a team decision. To bring Lewis in the same time as Jenson

Most likely but I think lewis would have to agree. If he had stayed out would he have been able to pit at the same time as Vettel or would he have been even worse off?

yes, it was a team decision. whitmarsh said they planned to do it for the first pit stop, too, but got cold feet.

If McLaren can out develop Red Bull and co, then I think it'll be Jenson's season. He appears to have the edge over Lewis, in terms of the calmness and maturity. Jenson probably also has a slight edge over Vettel, he knows that if he can put Vettel under pressure Vettel can crack and make a mistake (Canada).

Let's hope that they have the funds to keep developing the car as it does look decent. Of course Venezuelan oil money helps ;)

Maldonado sponsors invoiced $46 million by Williams for 2012 race seat | YallaF1.com

The only real way of making money at Williams is for the team to produce a race winning car. That will attract money and push them forwards.
The car looks good, aside from Pastor's mistake. No idea if they will win a race this season, but they should be comfortably ahead of the midfield pack if they can develop and improve the car. Renault has given Williams the shot in the arm it's needed for a while, along with the new technical team.

I'm a little more confident about Williams long term future at the moment, there are plenty of interested parties out there willing to buy the team, it's just that they will have to prise it off Sir Franks cold dead heads first. He won't give up his team while alive.

Anyone know what time the actual race starts at Sepang? (our time).

btw, maybe this main thread ought to be made a 'sticky' now?

Anyone know what time the actual race starts at Sepang? (our time).

btw, maybe this main thread ought to be made a 'sticky' now?

9am for the race and 8am Saturday for qualifying. The time difference between the 2 is because the clocks go forward 1 hour Saturday night.

It tends to stick itself, I expect the Sky get F1 to drop after the first couple of "joint screenings"

Now that F1 has its own section, how about a thread per Race Weekend ? Makes sense to me

It tends to stick itself, I expect the Sky get F1 to drop after the first couple of "joint screenings"

Now that F1 has its own section, how about a thread per Race Weekend ? Makes sense to me

Nah, imo that would make it too fragmented. People might want to quote something someone said about the previous race, relevant to the current one etc. I would just edit the title of this thread as has always been done...'Next up Malaysia' etc. (would still make it 'the' sticky thread as well though).

I tend to browse the forum by looking at my "subscribed threads" page, so it works well to have a single thread for the whole season as it's always there in my subscriptions. If you start a new thread each race I'm sure I'll lose touch as I won't remember to go find each thread.

Ok no worries , just a thought

I'd think a thread per race makes sense, otherwise the thread will get very long and be a pain to go through. It'll also help the non-Sky people who want to avoid spoilers before the BBC highlights programme.

If you want to avoid spoilers to a live sporting event, then the internet and a dedicated F1 thread is the last place you should be looking . imho

John said:
If you want to avoid spoilers to a live sporting event, then the internet and a dedicated F1 thread is the last place you should be looking . imho

Agreed, i like being able to follow a dedicated single thread in my subscriptions, works particularly well on the app. If I can't watch live I don't check the thread, simples.

SUFFICE TO SAY THIS IS NOT THE THREAD FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE RACE YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will RedBull come good this weekend, will the Merc DRS Duct give them the advantage on the long Pit straight , will they lose what the gain round the corners or will Charlie say "actually, you can't use that after all !!" :laugh:

Yes

But

Schuey will suffer mechanical failure and/or crash. And then tyres will let Rosberg down

Yes

But

Schuey will suffer mechanical failure and/or crash. And then tyres will let Rosberg down

:D
Any good news for Ferrari and Alonso in particular

Has there been any news about the renault and lotus feaud with merc

Don't think so, Charlie said it was fine. Redbull have asked for clarity . I don't think much will happen until Merc finish above RB or [-]Renault[/-] Lotus. Then there will be a protest.

The Merc system has been given the all clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom