Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2011

Discussion in 'PS Vita Games' started by DT53, Feb 24, 2012.

1. DT53

DT53 Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I'm tempted to buy F1 2011 on the Vita after loving the 360 version but I'm not too sure whether it's any good.

Obviously, I know that the graphics are going to be of the same standard but is it worth being in my collection? So, if any of you have played it, can you give a summary please?

Thanks in advance.
  2. nomadma

nomadma New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    got it on the cheap from ASDA (£25)
    Have not played the console version b4 so cant comment on comparison with 360/ps3
    Graphic-wise I think it's OK. Game play is abit easy, too easy infact - but that may be because I had all the "Assist" on. Just played a quick race and 1 grandprix (with trainning and qualifying session..etc)

Not decided rather or not I will keep it yet. I will say, in my opinion, if you are a big fan of F1, then give a try. Beside, CEX currently offer £24 (i think) in-store exchange / £20 cash if you decided to sell - so worst case scenario is spending a fiver on testing / renting it out
  3. AlpsUk

AlpsUk Active Member

Ratings:
    +740
    I think it is a port from the 3ds version rather than the console version.
  4. pbb76

pbb76 Active Member

Ratings:
    +531
    Disappointing really - and I am trying to like it!

The car just doesnt feel like it has any connection with the road and the AI is a bit easy even on the hardest level. Still want to give it more time and a better chance before I finally decide to bin it :rolleyes:
  5. DT53

DT53 Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Thanks everyone. I'll try and get it tomorrow and see what I think. If it's awful I'll CEX it.
  6. Sam Crow

Sam Crow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8,961
  7. pbb76

pbb76 Active Member

Ratings:
    +531
    Giving this some actual time today and it's not as bad as I first thought.

Strip away the ugly textures and ramp the difficulty up and there is a semi decent game underneath n

I'd say pick it up for £20-£25 range, but no more.
  8. DT53

DT53 Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Will be ordering from Zavvi. Only £20!!!
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. steve30b

steve30b Member

Ratings:
    +2
    i gave mine some use yesterday and found it spot on. but need to use the steering assist because the car is all over the place if its not on. bought mine from game shop for £25.00 because i bought the vita as well , they told me the game is worth £28.00 trade in.
  10. DT53

DT53 Member

Ratings:
    +133
    The postman came today with a jiffy bag. I was getting excited thinking it was my game but alas it was a USB lead for my phone:(

Maybe tomorrow...
  11. DT53

DT53 Member

Ratings:
    +133
    It turned up this morning. Haven't been off it all day, great fun.

The graphics aren't as good as the console versions, but they're not as bad as people seem to make out. Perfectly playable.

Been racking in the trophies too.

If anyone can get it for less than £30 (it's £24.95 on Zavvi now I think) I'd highly recommend it.
  12. neil.atkins

neil.atkins Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Have to agree with darkthunder,it's a pretty decent game overall. A bit easy until you start turning off some of the aids and upping the AI but great fun for a quick blast :)

Only thing missing is much going on multiplayer-wise. Could only see 2 people last weekend online. One who found beating me so easy he would pull over and wait for me to catch up and another who it wouldn't let me join up with......
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  13. Sam Crow

Sam Crow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8,961
    couldn't get on with Raymans so got £25 exchange in gamestation ... seems ok tbf
    :)