F1 2011....last but not least, Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prost in 84 and Raikkonen in 05 I think both won seven times and lost to Lauda and Alonso respectively.

so as long as vettel doesn't win another race we have a fight on our hands.:D

JohnG said:
I found that women with what looked like her daughter the most annoying. She was almost barging the presenters out of the way to get on the telly. Stupid tart.

I really wanted Jake to say something - it's one thing to pop up in the background it's another to almost take out the host!

:laugh:

Was that the guy in the pink shirt? He looked a right :censored:!

tell me about it!

loved the camera man doing his best to outwit the dimwit in the shades who kept following the camera, thank god the rain came down and they scarperd! :D

The lesser spotted stop/go penalty in evidence this weekend due to the new pitlane.

Ron Dennis needs to take charge of mclaren again. So many pit lane mistakes since he left.

Feel sorry for di resta aswell

Ron Dennis needs to take charge of mclaren again. So many [-]pit lane [/-] stupid mistakes since he left.

Fixed that for ya ;)

And now Hamilton is down to 4th. McLaren really need to pull their finger out of their rear. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Hardly surprising Hamilton gets annoyed with his crew at times. Fuel conserving with over 10 laps to go is ridiculous

Nice big gap between Hamilton/Massa and Rosberg for the stewards to reverse the positions with a time penalty. Shame if they do but I'm waiting for the race control message to appear.

I wonder if Hamilton will lose the place post race? It could be argued both ways.

Really be a joke of they do, 6 of one half a dozen of the other

jimmymac2213 said:
Really be a joke of they do, 6 of one half a dozen of the other

How so?

im gonna start piling my money on whoever eddie jordan thinks will win before the race as i dont think he's got one wrong yet!

mixed day for the british lads at our home GP, shame really, jenson i was thinking myself had a chance on webber til it all went balls up but i think lewis can be happy with 4th after starting 10th and having to conserve at the end and di resta had a nightmare. :(

the only thing lewis did 'wrong' was leaving his wheel in on the bend, massa should of known he would have and drove round he's hardly gonna back out in the last 2 corners of the race though is he?!

Last edited:
majson83 said:

I don't think either driver did anything wrong, purely a racing incident so would be harsh to punish either driver for it

God I hate Horner. What a slimeball.

typical guttsy drive by hamilton. mclaren let their drivers down yet again. i remember when it was the car that was mclaren's weakness, now it seems to be the team.

Gotta say it was a fantastic pass on Massa by button earlier in the race though.

I don't think either driver did anything wrong, purely a racing incident so would be harsh to punish either driver for it

Agree 100% - even the Ferrari team principle said as much.

God I hate Horner. What a slimeball.
Yeah, never have liked him for some reason. Did enjoy him squirming a bit post-race interview with Ted Kravitz. Webber reminded on the team radio who the No2 driver is. I'd love to get a transcript of the Red Bull radio for the last two laps.

Noticed Fatty Arbuckle appeared again in the background, post-race - somehow managing to nurse that 2 day old pink shirt to the end of the race.

Joe Pineapples said:
Did enjoy him squirming a bit post-race interview with Ted Kravitz. Webber reminded on the team radio who the No2 driver is. I'd love to get a transcript of the Red Bull radio for the last two laps.

Noticed Fatty Arbuckle appeared again in the background, post-race - somehow managing to nurse that 2 day old pink shirt to the end of the race.

I missed the post-race stuff....what was the mesage to Webber in the race?

LOL at Fatty Arbuckle. :D

....what was the mesage to Webber in the race?
Mark, maintain the gap!

Maybe Horner should have got onto the radio to Vettel and said 'Webber is faster than you, do you understand?' :)

Really enjoyable race

Early doors the mixture of dry/wet conditions spiced things up. Hamilton provided good entertainment passing Button and Alonso... before losing the place again

Button's high speed outside passing move on Massa was my highlight of the day. So close to touching and had to use a sliver of grass but made it stick. Great pass

Schumacher had a mixed race and quite revealing post race he offered that the first time he used DRS was partly why he went into Kobayashi. Still good to see Mercedes overall looking better

Rare to see so many high profile pit errors; missing wheel nut, stuck tyre, wrong tyres and unsafe releases. All in all a few of the crews will be putting the practice time in before Germany

And to top it off still racing right to the end. Hamilton was quite fortunate to retain 4th and McLaren really need to bang some heads and evaluate how to improve massively for the next race

Whilst from a purists p.o.v. the RBR team order was unseemly, watching the Forum, it was entirely understandable why the call was made. Very revealing though Webber ignored the call a few times. Of course there are massive rumours about driver changes for next season but Webber is the key for me. If he stays then no-one will move as if he is happy then RBR are happy with him

Great race for Alonso and Ferrari, so-so for Massa. Poor guy being an afterthought. I get Alonso has first dibs on pit stop strategy but Massa was left hanging for 2-3 laps a time, whereas at other teams the drivers would come in on concurrent laps

I can't believe I'm cheering Alonso on to victory :D I just don't want Seb to run away with it.

Really enjoyable race

Indeed,

Whilst from a purists p.o.v. the RBR team order was unseemly, watching the Forum, it was entirely understandable why the call was made. Very revealing though Webber ignored the call a few times. Of course there are massive rumours about driver changes for next season but Webber is the key for me. If he stays then no-one will move as if he is happy then RBR are happy with him

Did anyone else watch the F1 Forum? I found one moment when Lee McKenzie was interviewing Vettel absolutely hilarious.

@ 46:50

BBC iPlayer - Formula 1: 2011: The British Grand Prix: Forum

Vettel – “she went like that” :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

How British of the GP to capture a Marshall emptying his flask of tea at the end of the race....

teaup.jpg

Gave Martin & David a good laugh too :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom