F1 2011....last but not least, Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyable race. Not quite reaching the peak of Silverstone and Germany but still very good. Had a mixture of everything; weather, pit stop incidents, steward enquiries and a much deserved win to cap off Jenson's 200th GP

The Penalty for Lewis was harsh, Di Resta was nowhere near colliding at all there was plenty of room from what I could see albeit a liitle off track, but no harm done, I doubt certain other teams would have got a penalty if it had been them them eh!

Jenson deserved that win, he was robbed of good places in the last two races so a bit of luck his way was a nice payback for him, he drove well today, nice to see team mates racing fairly again. :thumbsup:

Di Resta was nowhere near colliding at all there was plenty of room from what I could see albeit a liitle off track
That's Hamilton bias if ever there needed to be an example of it. The tyres are designed to run on tarmac, not grass. It was borderline. It is Hamilton's responsibility to ensure the safety of his fellow drivers versus such was the positioning and timing it was just as well the other drivers had the opportunity to see him in time. When it is borderline then it is fair enough if the stewards decide to err on the side of safety

The Penalty for Lewis was harsh, Di Resta was nowhere near colliding at all there was plenty of room from what I could see albeit a liitle off track, but no harm done, I doubt certain other teams would have got a penalty if it had been them them eh!

Jenson deserved that win, he was robbed of good places in the last two races so a bit of luck his way was a nice payback for him, he drove well today, nice to see team mates racing fairly again. :thumbsup:

Would other have teams got it? yes...would red bull or ferrari? doubtful ;)

as i said i can see both points, if you're a racer i think they would feel hard done by because no-one, especially when fighting for the win, would want to wait and let the cars through.

however I think the fact it was a damp/slippy track, and the fact di resta had to go onto the grass in those conditions all added to the punishment. Had it been a dry track i actually think he would have gotten away with it but been given a warning for behavior.

That's Hamilton bias if ever there needed to be an example of it. The tyres are designed to run on tarmac, not grass. It was borderline. It is Hamilton's responsibility to ensure the safety of his fellow drivers versus such was the positioning and timing it was just as well the other drivers had the opportunity to see him in time. When it is borderline then it is fair enough if the stewards decide to err on the side of safety

No Hamilton Bias here, as I prefer Jenson anyway, just thought it was a bit harsh.

Big shout out must also go to Buemi who starterd 23rd and came 8th. Great performance

Last edited:
Citizen J said:
Big shout out must also go to Buemi who starterd 23rd and came 8th. Great performance

Agreed.

Silly call from dauber trying to 2 stop

Really enjoyable race at Hungary Shocker:eek::thumbsup:

Just finished watching the race/F1 forum. Great job again all round with the coverage and nice to go into the summer break on a high.

Pity there's 4 weeks for the next one since we're on such a roll at the moment but it's the creme de la creme of all F1 tracks up next so will be worth the wait.

Really enjoyable race at Hungary Shocker:eek::thumbsup:

Just finished watching the race/F1 forum. Great job again all round with the coverage and nice to go into the summer break on a high.

Pity there's 4 weeks for the next one since we're on such a roll at the moment but it's the creme de la creme of all F1 tracks up next so will be worth the wait.

Four weeks?! I thought it was three, as if that wasn't bad enough. Just checked the F1 calendar and you are right. *Sigh* the teams need their break but that's a big shock to me.

Good thing the footballs starting soon.

Great article

BBC - Andrew Benson: Jenson Button produces Hungarian masterclass

I do like benson, he's quite fair.

the two McLaren team-mates passed and re-passed each other, showing fantastic judgement and respect as they raced wheel to wheel for the lead.

And

Meanwhile, out on the track, Hamilton, struggling with a radio problem that meant he could hear the team but they could not hear him, was called in to change to intermediate tyres, and he obeyed. Right behind him, Button got the same call, he revealed on the BBC post-race forum on the red button, but ignored it.

I didn't watch the red button forum but didn't know that. Interesting. To see Button decide to ignore the team, and shows again McLaren got it wrong, after a great call last race though. Hamilton might have to start following buttons lead and making his own decisions cos he is the one who seems to get stung by it most.

the Lewis comments about the radio were made whilst they were interviewing MW, all MW said was that they would listen back to the recordings, but imho, with Lewis' reaction and the smile on MW face its obvious where the cock up was .

i didnt get to see much of the post race stuff, was at a mates. what did it look like, a mclaren or lewis mess up?

Lewis practically admitted he messed up, he was obviously coy on it but he apologised to the team in the initial interview post race

Ah ok. tut tut Lewis hehe. I am sure the decision making about it will come in time, he's still maturing and learning more and button does use that experience very well.

On a sie note, even though Hamilton made a boo boo his interviews suddenly are showing much more humility and maturity. That's better Hamilton. now you're acting like a world champion again

Hi

I am going to India soon where I'll be for ~6 months. I will be staying 6 odd hours away from the Buddh International Circuit, which I think in relative Indian terms isn't that great deal of a journey!

I know the race has not been confirmed as yet. Does anyone know the latest or when it will be?

And ticket wise, do you think I could buy on the day? The tickets on the official site are pretty pricey!

Many thanks :thumbsup:

Would expect India to be ready, even if it is a last minute job like the début Korean race last year missing some final touches

Hi

I am going to India soon where I'll be for ~6 months. I will be staying 6 odd hours away from the Buddh International Circuit, which I think in relative Indian terms isn't that great deal of a journey!

I know the race has not been confirmed as yet. Does anyone know the latest or when it will be?

And ticket wise, do you think I could buy on the day? The tickets on the official site are pretty pricey!

Many thanks :thumbsup:

How much are the ticket prices for India? No option to see on that link you posted.

On the subject of prices, anyone know were there's a link to F1 prices around the world? I know (from what i've read) that Malaysia is quite cheap (starting from 20 pounds or something) but it'd be interesting to see who charges what..

Thank you for your reply. I could not see prices for India (presumably once the race is 100% confirmed prices will be available). I've assumed however the pricing will be relatively 'high' on the basis of pricing for the other venues

Although the pound is quite strong against the Indian rupee..

Could be a surprise. If Malaysia is really 20 odd quid (starting price) and place like Silverstone in the hundreds then it's anyones guess really what India is.

Hopefully they factor in average wages etc etc in India to give the locals a chance to attend.

Not sure how much it'll help but I'm going to the Singapore GP and weekend tickets are £120 for the Bay Grandstand (Ridiculously cheap compared to places like Silverstone)... only downside is the cost of getting there!!

Thought about putting this in the movies section, but figured most F1 fans would be here :).

Formula 1 film - Ron Howard

Hope he's sensible enough to use English/European actors to play the main roles, but hopefully this bodes well....

This film is going to be a European production with a really big budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom