1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2011....last but not least, Brazil

Discussion in 'F1 Formula 1' started by John, Jun 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yatesDELTA

yatesDELTA Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Good race, lots of exitment, so glad Button won after the last two weeks and another McLaren win.

IMO the stewards were wrong about Hamilton, his car was in the way weather he tried to spin or not.

Hamilton's strategy was dissapointing, especially as his driving was really strong throughout.

Lots of references from Jake about BBC loosing the TV rights, he is clearly very upset about it. I'm going to miss their excellent coverage.
  2. Citizen J

Citizen J Member

Ratings:
    +665
    Indeed. Although you do get the feeling that with Red Bull they seem to favour Vettel in most race scenarios (their attempt to keep Webber behind at Silverstone did make me wonder if they would do they same if the positions were reversed.) Although Horner said it would it didn't appear particularly convincing.
  3. Citizen J

Citizen J Member

Ratings:
    +665
    Their coverage is second to none (they should really win another award for it in addition to their Bafta they already have). Watching on the red button you see how much they are respected by the folk in the garages, the team principles, the driver's, everyone. The BBC has a lot of trust and a very solid reputation; one has to think how Sky will get on.

It's a sad situation but what can you do.
  4. SparkShot

SparkShot Active Member

Ratings:
    +423
    Blimey a decent hungarian gp:eek:

Great win for changable track conditions master.

Hamilton was unlucky in terms of both tyre choices and the stewards, still think button would have won though regardless.
  5. majson83

majson83 Member

Ratings:
    +116
    I think there was more space on track before Hamilton doughnutted however the other argument is that if he hadn't stallled then he could have moved forward then out of the way.

But as i said anyone trying to win a race isn't going to just wait.

The Stewart's stuck to the rules there isn't much they can do but follow the rules they are given.

On a side note. Great honest racing again between button and Hamilton who always have each other enough room and respect to race.
  6. Steven

Steven Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,412
    Enjoyable race. Not quite reaching the peak of Silverstone and Germany but still very good. Had a mixture of everything; weather, pit stop incidents, steward enquiries and a much deserved win to cap off Jenson's 200th GP
  7. bri1

bri1 Member

Ratings:
    +38
    The Penalty for Lewis was harsh, Di Resta was nowhere near colliding at all there was plenty of room from what I could see albeit a liitle off track, but no harm done, I doubt certain other teams would have got a penalty if it had been them them eh!

Jenson deserved that win, he was robbed of good places in the last two races so a bit of luck his way was a nice payback for him, he drove well today, nice to see team mates racing fairly again. :thumbsup:
  8. Steven

Steven Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,412
    That's Hamilton bias if ever there needed to be an example of it. The tyres are designed to run on tarmac, not grass. It was borderline. It is Hamilton's responsibility to ensure the safety of his fellow drivers versus such was the positioning and timing it was just as well the other drivers had the opportunity to see him in time. When it is borderline then it is fair enough if the stewards decide to err on the side of safety
  9. majson83

majson83 Member

Ratings:
    +116

Would other have teams got it? yes...would red bull or ferrari? doubtful ;)

as i said i can see both points, if you're a racer i think they would feel hard done by because no-one, especially when fighting for the win, would want to wait and let the cars through.

however I think the fact it was a damp/slippy track, and the fact di resta had to go onto the grass in those conditions all added to the punishment. Had it been a dry track i actually think he would have gotten away with it but been given a warning for behavior.
  10. bri1

bri1 Member

Ratings:
    +38

No Hamilton Bias here, as I prefer Jenson anyway, just thought it was a bit harsh.
  11. hdsport

hdsport Member

Ratings:
    +216
    BBC Sport - Hungarian GP from the pitlane

Interesting update from Ted Kravitz about the flaming Renault turns out it wasn't Heidfeld being on the limiter but that their exhausts (both sides) were disintegrating!
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Citizen J

Citizen J Member

Ratings:
    +665
    Big shout out must also go to Buemi who starterd 23rd and came 8th. Great performance
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  13. majson83

majson83 Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Agreed.

Silly call from dauber trying to 2 stop
  14. domtheone

domtheone Active Member

Ratings:
    +721
    Really enjoyable race at Hungary Shocker:eek::thumbsup:

Just finished watching the race/F1 forum. Great job again all round with the coverage and nice to go into the summer break on a high.

Pity there's 4 weeks for the next one since we're on such a roll at the moment but it's the creme de la creme of all F1 tracks up next so will be worth the wait.
  15. Citizen J

Citizen J Member

Ratings:
    +665
    Four weeks?! I thought it was three, as if that wasn't bad enough. Just checked the F1 calendar and you are right. *Sigh* the teams need their break but that's a big shock to me.

Good thing the footballs starting soon.
  16. majson83

majson83 Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Great article

BBC - Andrew Benson: Jenson Button produces Hungarian masterclass

I do like benson, he's quite fair.

And

I didn't watch the red button forum but didn't know that. Interesting. To see Button decide to ignore the team, and shows again McLaren got it wrong, after a great call last race though. Hamilton might have to start following buttons lead and making his own decisions cos he is the one who seems to get stung by it most.
  17. John

John Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,574
    the Lewis comments about the radio were made whilst they were interviewing MW, all MW said was that they would listen back to the recordings, but imho, with Lewis' reaction and the smile on MW face its obvious where the cock up was .
  18. majson83

majson83 Member

Ratings:
    +116
    i didnt get to see much of the post race stuff, was at a mates. what did it look like, a mclaren or lewis mess up?
  19. JimmyMac

JimmyMac Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,375
    Lewis practically admitted he messed up, he was obviously coy on it but he apologised to the team in the initial interview post race
  20. majson83

majson83 Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Ah ok. tut tut Lewis hehe. I am sure the decision making about it will come in time, he's still maturing and learning more and button does use that experience very well.

On a sie note, even though Hamilton made a boo boo his interviews suddenly are showing much more humility and maturity. That's better Hamilton. now you're acting like a world champion again
  21. Coffin

Coffin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,797
    Hi

I am going to India soon where I'll be for ~6 months. I will be staying 6 odd hours away from the Buddh International Circuit, which I think in relative Indian terms isn't that great deal of a journey!

I know the race has not been confirmed as yet. Does anyone know the latest or when it will be?

And ticket wise, do you think I could buy on the day? The tickets on the official site are pretty pricey!

Many thanks :thumbsup:
  22. Steven

Steven Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,412
    Would expect India to be ready, even if it is a last minute job like the début Korean race last year missing some final touches
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  23. John

John Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,574
  24. cabanatuan

cabanatuan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,728
    unlucky hamilton
  25. domtheone

domtheone Active Member

Ratings:
    +721
    How much are the ticket prices for India? No option to see on that link you posted.

On the subject of prices, anyone know were there's a link to F1 prices around the world? I know (from what i've read) that Malaysia is quite cheap (starting from 20 pounds or something) but it'd be interesting to see who charges what..
  26. Coffin

Coffin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,797
    Thank you for your reply. I could not see prices for India (presumably once the race is 100% confirmed prices will be available). I've assumed however the pricing will be relatively 'high' on the basis of pricing for the other venues

Although the pound is quite strong against the Indian rupee..
  27. domtheone

domtheone Active Member

Ratings:
    +721
    Could be a surprise. If Malaysia is really 20 odd quid (starting price) and place like Silverstone in the hundreds then it's anyones guess really what India is.

Hopefully they factor in average wages etc etc in India to give the locals a chance to attend.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  28. The Atheist

The Atheist Member

Ratings:
    +147
    Not sure how much it'll help but I'm going to the Singapore GP and weekend tickets are £120 for the Bay Grandstand (Ridiculously cheap compared to places like Silverstone)... only downside is the cost of getting there!!
  29. NooBish AbbZ 92

NooBish AbbZ 92 Active Member

Ratings:
    +417
    4 weeks? *insert crying icon here* :(
  30. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples Active Member

Ratings:
    +389
    Thought about putting this in the movies section, but figured most F1 fans would be here :).

Formula 1 film - Ron Howard

Hope he's sensible enough to use English/European actors to play the main roles, but hopefully this bodes well....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.