F1 2010 Thread II. Next ,The Yas Marina Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Sports News reporting they have been found Guilty ..........................

$100,000 fine and referred to the World Motorsport Council,

that building in Paris will be busy again and it won't be McLaren in the dock this time.

£65.000 fine

Told ya it would be a pocket money sized fine. Should have been £650.000 lol.

Last edited:
£65.000 fine

Told ya it would be a pocket money sized fine.

but as McLaren found out the WMSC can impose much harsher penalties.

Personally I'd let the result stand but the strip Ferrari of the constructors points.

$100,000 fine and referred to the World Motorsport Council,

that building in Paris will be busy again and it won't be McLaren in the dock this time.

this will show whether john todt is still a ferrari man or a man who wants to take the FIA in a new direction.:rolleyes:

Not over yet by any means.

It was flagrant breach of the rules,and done in a very cynical way.

I think that both Massa and his engineer did their best under impossible circumstances.

Yes,Alonso would have caught him,but getting past would have been another matter,and at least there would have been some racing at that point,as opposed to poor old Massa doing a Barichello and letting the boss past.

It may be interesting for Jean Todt,having been the director of Ferrari during some of those events,and now having to administer the rules.

Oh - I forgot - Alonso said that he took his chance when he could (i.e. when Massa let him through) but after he'd won, he asked if Massa was ok with it - does he always see if people are ok after he overtakes them fairly?

Oh - I forgot - Alonso said that he took his chance when he could (i.e. when Massa let him through) but after he'd won, he asked if Massa was ok with it - does he always see if people are ok after he overtakes them fairly?

Fairly? Massa let him through

Well that's made my mind up, I'm definitely not buying a Ferrari now
;)
:laugh:

Fairly? Massa let him through

I meant that Alonso would not ask if Massa was OK if he'd overtaken Massa during a normal fair overtaking manoeuvre, yet he did say this at the end of the race, therefore another nail in the coffin of the 'no team orders' argument.

O ok cool that makes sense. What's the worse case that could happen? Will the drivers get penalized and demoted leaving webber Hamilton and button in the top 3 lol

I think the fact that team orders were employed,whether openly or in this case a coded message saying "Fernando is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?" is very clear,and was equally clear to the stewards.

What the FIA really should do now is to step on it pretty hard and send the right message.

For Alonso to say that both drivers had been doing their best for the team is of course nonsense,considering that he(Alonso) had been moaning that it was "ridiculous" that he was unable to pass Massa earlier.
The same result for the team would have been achieved with either driver 1st or 2nd,as long as a 1-2 finish was obtained.

Yes...we know it's difficult for F1 cars to pass at some circuits,and particularly in the dirty air close behind another car,but that's F1,and some teams seem to be able to let their drivers race,even if it does mean poor results sometimes.

O ok cool that makes sense. What's the worse case that could happen? Will the drivers get penalized and demoted leaving webber Hamilton and button in the top 3 lol

The drivers are unlikely to be penalised,but the team may well lose constructor's points and may incur a larger fine....if the rules are applied properly.

Why do sport governing bodies always dish out such ridiculous fines? $100,000 fine?!?!?! Not really going to act as deterrence is it? Absolutely pointless.

Why do sport governing bodies always dish out such ridiculous fines? $100,000 fine?!?!?! Not really going to act as deterrence is it? Absolutely pointless.
It's like fining me only £10.

Personally I'd let the result stand but the strip Ferrari of the constructors points.

I've just finished watching.

The team will no doubt say it was in the teams best interest etc etc.

Got to send out a message that this is not acceptable, especially as we still have several races to go.

I'd let the result stand but reverse the top 2 positions.

They could be hit hard this time as they (Ferrari) have been having a go at the FIA over the past few races. Maybe this was the slip up the FIA was looking for and thats way the stewards have referred the matter to them.

the fine is just a formality, could well be the maximum race stewards can fine a team.

If this had been McLaren both drivers would have been demoted 10 places.

Dual standards. :thumbsdow

didn't quite have the race he hoped for .......

Attachments

• massa.jpg
    massa.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 121
Perhaps they should be banned from a number of races?

If this had been McLaren both drivers would have been demoted 10 places.

Dual standards. :thumbsdow

McLaren's tough punishment after spy gate was dealt out by the WMSC so lets all reserve judgement until after that...and to be honest other teams should not be too holier than thou about this.

It was only Turkey when Lewis was told Jenson wouldn't overtake him (ok the outcome was not the same but still).

McLaren's tough punishment after spy gate was dealt out by the WMSC so lets all reserve judgement until after that...and to be honest other teams should not be too holier than thou about this.

It was only Turkey when Lewis was told Jenson wouldn't overtake him (ok the outcome was not the same but still).
I think that was different but was he actually told or coded that he wouldn't be overtaken. Hamilton I believe was under the impression that both he and Button were saving fuel so positions wouldn't change. Anyway he was passed and regained the lead as we know and we saw how bemused he was on the podium.

Just back from weekend away. Caught the result (just) on FiveLive AM (was in the sticks) and thought I would still watch the race later. I'm getting the impression that a) it isn't worth watching and b) if I do, I will be left with a bitter Ferrari taste. Tut tut Ferrari and FIA. Fine but result stands? Come on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom