Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2010 Thread II. Next ,The Yas Marina Circuit

Discussion in 'F1 Formula 1 Forum' started by HMHB, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul_T

Paul_T Active Member

Ratings:
    +757
    I was rooting for Hamilton to win but it was always a very long shot - wasn't too fussed about the other 3 contenders and I think Vettel is the best of a bad bunch - Webber can't overtake for toffee and if Alonso had won it by less than 7 points it would have been a farce.

Seemed a little wierd listening to the German national anthem ringing out on Remembrance Sunday though!
  2. Steven

Steven Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,486
    I agree with the commenter there that Williams are incredibly lucky to have Barrichello on board. He has the maturity, technical nous and wisdom to develop the team and drive them forward in the twilight of his career. At least there will be *some* measure of continuity but another rookie in the other car...
  3. hdsport

hdsport Member

Ratings:
    +233
  4. Steven

Steven Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,486
    He, Coulthard and Brundle all have connections with people on the paddock which is all good for the BBC coverage and the F1 Forum :smashin:

Are the BBC the only people who do something like the Forum? When it is on I do not see other television crews still around
  5. hdsport

hdsport Member

Ratings:
    +233
    Only one day into offseason and we may well be losing a team...HRT are gonna struggle to get a car ready after this...

autosport.com - F1 News: Toyota aborts HRT collaboration

....of course this year their first test session was in Bahrain! Anyone here a dab hand at CFD etc. fancy knocking up an F1 car for them* (preferably with the right sized fuel eh Nick Wirth;))?

*EDIT if you can you'll probably be doing it for peanuts (the leftover ones from their hospitality this season).

ScarbsF1 on Twitter gives a more realistic option for them...

HRT: Rule changes are few next year , Dallaras tub coudl be reused, it'd need new weight dist, new susp for the pirellis and new diffuser
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  6. Steven

Steven Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,486
    lol @ BBC Sport - F1 - Ferrari hit back after criticism of F1 title failure

I think next season could be livened up by the return of Raikkonen then we would have one more WC winner on the grid :D

One point that has been made reading around is that the mid-table teams like Mercedes and Renault started 2011 development in Sept so they have a 2.5 month head start on the front 3. Could be interesting if Kubica, Rosberg and Schumacher have the right car. Unconvinced about an adjustable rear wing as that is yet another button on the already overloaded wheel. Surely drivers would be messing it up for each other anyway?
  7. wiz

wiz Member

Ratings:
    +122
    Is Raikkonen back? If so what team?
  8. Kebabhead

Kebabhead Active Member

Ratings:
    +509
  9. HMHB

HMHB Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,391
    I think Raikkonen has quickly realised that the skill needed for rallying is a lot higher than that required for F1 driving :laugh: He ended up with 25 points which was 251 points behind the leader! Mind you, the "great" Ken block ended up with just 2 points.
  10. sleaver

sleaver Member

Ratings:
    +167
    You've never seen Vettle overtake then :laugh:
  11. kBm

kBm Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,166
    I thought this was put to bed a few months ago, with Kimi saying he has no interest in returning to F1?

I hope 2011 sees a stronger performance from Schumacher and Mercedes. They must have convinced Schumacher that they will have a winning car for 2011....
  12. hdsport

hdsport Member

Ratings:
    +233
    Yep he's said his preference is to stay in WRC. Can't see anyone in F1 giving him anything like the cash he was used to (not that he's short of a bob or two after Santander helped pay him off to get Alonso into Ferrari).

That said he's hardly been cheap in WRC (but for different reasons :D)... they should start sponsoring the underside of this car just like Julius Francis got the soles of his boots sponsored when he fought Tyson!
  13. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani Member

Ratings:
    +101
    i think he's waiting for the pirelli test to see if he can do anything with those tyres. if not he'll be off.
  14. Steven

Steven Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,486
    Anyone wanna be Vettel? Aids. - GTP Forums (unfortunate out of context thread title there... ahem)
    I think they both require great mental strength and physical skills of the driver. Yes F1 is a lot more safer but that is no bad thing considering past tragedies. You only have to look at Massa's accident to realise how naive it is to think F1 is "safe". I know though that Schumacher in the past has said he thinks the rally guys are nuts :p

Perhaps F1 has it on the physical side due to heat and G forces but with blind corners, changeable weather and blind faith in your co-driver perhaps rallying requires more mentally. I would not be so kind to split them technically. All top drivers are awesome in their respective class. It's not like F1 drivers are doing nothing when they are 3mm from a barrier and pushing 20 buttons
  15. HMHB

HMHB Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,391
    It's not just the weather that can change in rallying, there could be extra boulders or anything on the track since they did the pace notes run through the track. Any previous car could have dragged something onto the line.
  16. John

John Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,626
    As this has reached 1000 post hae opened a new thread here
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.