Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evesham nav-cam 6200

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Nav & Dash Cam Forum' started by tin_man, Nov 9, 2006.

1. tin_man

tin_man Member

Ratings:
    +10
    They are selling these for £99 at Asda anybody got any info on them?
  2. Flimber

Flimber Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,286
    I've just bought one. There's a thread on MSE with more info.

Mike.
  3. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Got me one on saturday - very impressed with it,must say :thumbsup:
  4. tin_man

tin_man Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Some bad things being said so i went out and got a TT1 v2 :smashin:
  5. tectonic man

tectonic man Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Purchased one yesterday, Have had time to play with it driving around local roads, so far its all positive, quick to re route if you take a wrong turn, quick to pick up sat signal, I am getting 7-12 sat watching the system without an external arial. It was even fully charged when I took it out the box.
    The manual is a bit on the light side regarding info, but the supplied CD has all the info you need.
    I Registered the product and called evesham support to check them out, they answered within 3 rings and told me that I should recive and email within the next week or 2 detailing info for speed cam update info..
    Speed cam option on the nav cam works well. I think it is programed for Mobile cams as well , although I think it is not always the case that there will be a mobile cam there, as I think they have stored all the known places where mobile cams are located and it alarms even when the van is not there ..
    2 negitives, the supplied power lead is a tad in the short side depending on where you want to mount the unit and where the 12v supply is mounted in the car.
    The other is that when on the phone to evesham, they said that there are at this time no map updates i.e europe etc, but said that it is more than possible depending on the demand that they will supply maps in the future.

But So far so good, well worth the money. I will be giving it a good test this week as I have a 600mile round trip planed..will update on how it performed.
  6. nealgs

nealgs Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Bought one on Monday night having driven over to Blackburn from leeds on business and finding halfway through that my printed intructions from theAA.com had not printed completely and so only had enough info to get me halfway there :mad: :mad: :rotfl:

Used if for the first time yesterday to drive to Ormskirk, again from leeds, and cannot fault it at all - very quick to recalc routes if you take a wrong turn etc (my fault).

Nice, compact unit (screen only 3.5" but to me is spot on, fast responses from touchscreen. Would agree on power cable being a tab to small (only just reaches 12v power in Zafira when mounted on windscreen, but would also say the 12v socket in the Zafira isn't exactly very well placed.)

For the money, it's perfect and I wish i'd got one earlier.

regards
    Gary
  7. ManDown

ManDown Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: i bought the nav-cam on monday. cant fault it its very good; detailed and quite a bargain at the price 100£. yes u certainly wont b disapointed with this:smashin:
  8. tisonlyhim

tisonlyhim Member

Ratings:
    +5
    :clap:
    :hiya: have you checked to see if has been preloaded with the speed camera
  9. nealgs

nealgs Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    mine has speedcamera DB installed - annoying sometime it that it can pop up a warning just as you need to see the next turning - hehe :D

Gary
  10. david295

david295 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Could any one help me please i was given a NAVCAM 6200 today but it is showing GPS as 0, i have no instructions or software disc, could some one help me with this problem or point me in right direction for software disc and instructions please
  11. stockyvillage

stockyvillage Member

Ratings:
    +93
    evesham went bust