Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error with Pinnacle Studio 9??

Discussion in 'Camcorders & Video Editing' started by KirstyD, Jul 26, 2005.

1. KirstyD

KirstyD Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Im trying to edit some travelling footage and i've not got off to a good start. I have Pinnacle studio version 9 and a digital panasonic camcorder and correct firewire lead etc.

Ok so i have gone to the 'capture' part and it is copying the footage ok off the tape and saving it in 'My Videos' in my documents in windows.

Now when i go to 'Edit' in Pinnacle and click on the file i have captured, an error appears saying Pinnalce Studio Plus does not support PAL??

No idea what this means or how to fix it, any ideas are welcomed!

Thanks
  2. Edward Catflap

Edward Catflap Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Ok, 1st question. Did you buy your copy of Studio 9 from a PAL based country like the UK or from an NTSC one like the USA?
  3. melliott1963

melliott1963 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Double post (for some reason). See my actual reply below.
  4. melliott1963

melliott1963 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    What does the error message actually say?

I've done a quick search on Pinnacle's support site, and there is something about 'Studio is not enabled for PAL'. If this is the case, here's what Pinnacle say the answer is:-

This error usually occurs if studio was not successfully installed on your system. Please reinstall Studio, try the following steps:

1. Go to Start, Control Panel, then click on Add/Remove Programs.

2. Select any Studio Patches and then click the Change/Remove button. Follow any on-screen instructions to uninstall this software.

If you see any other Studio patches, uninstall them also.

3. Now select Studio and click the Change/Remove button. Follow any on-screen instructions to uninstall this software.

4. Download Regdelete from our site link. Save it to a location like your desktop area.
    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docsuppo...01&product_name=Studio version 9 &page_id=146

5. Run Regdelete by double-clicking the icon on the desktop (or wherever you saved it)

6. In the pull down box choose S9 and hit the clean button. You can then close the window.

7. Delete the following folder. This is the default location for the Studio program:

C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio

If you installed Studio onto a drive other than C: or a folder other than the default, delete the folder where you installed Studio.

Note: If you purchased Studio in North America , it is compatible with NTSC video only Studio. If you require PAL compatibility, please contact technical support for assistance enabling PAL

Hope this helps.

P.S. I'll just warn you that, if you're like most people who use Pinnacle Studio, this is probably going to be the first of many problems/bugs you'll come across so, if you can't fix it quickly / easily / cheaply, I'd suggest cutting your losses and looking at other software such a ULead Video Studio or Sony's Vegas Movie Studio.
  5. KirstyD

KirstyD Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Think i may just go for something different!! I got it cheap outside the UK so think that is it.

Thanks Alot for your posts!
  6. laser

laser Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Try applying the latest patch 9.4.3 which can be downloaded from www.pinnaclesys.com for free.

I believe it now enables PAL, NTSC and SECAM and has been introduced due to customer demand from their US customers.

If you find Pinnacle too buggy try Ulead Studio 9.

Pinnacle Studio is probably one of the easier packages to use and isn't too bad at version 9.4.3 if you have a fast CPU and use separate HDDs. I've edited a 2.5 hour movie over 3 days without the software crashing so it's definately getting better but it is a lumbering/bloatware applicaiton and requires a major rewrite to make it fast and nimble.