Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 29 - No Satellite Signal - assuming it's the box?

Discussion in 'Sky Forum' started by gravesend46, Jan 24, 2009.

1. gravesend46

gravesend46 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have searched on this and found the various possible problems/solutions but just wondered what my options are.

My Sky Plus box yesterday reported 'No Satellite Signal' so I tried plugging in an old standard Sky box and that worked fine.

I tried the Sky Plus on an upstairs connection and it didn't work on either input.

I reset it, set the default transponder, still no luck.

So I'm assuming now it must be the box is at fault. Therefore is it even worth me asking Sky to send an engineer or just pay out for a new box (my current one is out of warranty)..?
  2. Miss Chief

Miss Chief Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,111
    The default transponder was changed incorrectly recently. it should be 11.778, V 27.5 and 2/3. if it's not, change it so it is. Other than that if the box doesn't work then the box is faulty. £65 from Sky for an all-inclusive service call.
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,096

This has happened several times to friend who has Sky Plus. If you ring Sky they will talk you through how to fix it yourself.