Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson TW450 - Losing Sync

Discussion in 'Projectors' started by hobgoblin, Sep 10, 2012.

1. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,I have an Epson Tw450 that when connected to a Panasonic bluray player looses sync after around 25 minutes,the Epson displays a blue screen and the bluray player says hdmi on its display,then the picture returns.
    This goes on randomly for up to 10 minutes until it settles down again,it also does this with dvd's.
    I have tried two hdmi cables one 10 meters and another 5 metres long.
    The hdmi cables are connected directly to the bluray player and not through an amp.
    I have used the Epson with both freeview hd and satellite hd receivers with no problems at 1080i using the same hdmi cables.
    The bluray player works perfectly with a panasonic plasma tv.
    There is nothing I can find in the epsons menu to alter settings to give a reliable picture.
    Any help will be greatfully recevied.
  2. The Fatty

The Fatty Member

Ratings:
    +17
    if its not random (i,e its every 25mins), I would suggest checking the cable is not subject to EMI. Something that goes of every 25mins or so coul dbe casuign it, like a fridge/heater etc?
  3. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,Thanks for your reply.
    I'm thinking it's something to do with the chapters or changing layers on the bluray disc and the epson won't wait a split second and drops the sync signal I could be way off but it's ok on other sources.
    Then again starting to lose faith in this model of projector I had to take the first one back due to a magenta colour cast on the right side of the screen.
  4. Tight Git

Tight Git Active Member

Ratings:
    +605
    To prove/disprove that theory, and assuming you have more than one disk(;)), just try another , with different chapter timings. :lesson:
  5. richardbirks

richardbirks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My TW-3200 does exactly the same. About 30 minutes into a DVD, Blu-ray (or watching the sky-box) it seems to lose sync. Mine is connected through a Yamaha 767 AV Amp.

Once it's had its "moment", it's OK thereafter. Doesn't seem to matter what the input is (Xbox, DVD, Blu-ray, Sky box)

I don't get any evidence of sparklies. One minute it's fine, next minute black screen, blue screen, black screen, and finally back to whatever I'm watching.

Very annoying to say the least.