Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson TW3200/3600 owners thread - Part 3

Discussion in 'Projectors' started by pacemaker, Nov 22, 2011.

1. kbfern

kbfern Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Yes more and more folks are waking up to what a relatively cheap projector can do these days and buying into the fact you can have a cinema in your own living room for about the cost of a 50" tv.
  2. lantis

lantis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone worked out the best settings for the TW3200 yet? offsets, gains of RGB etc..?
  3. baronm

baronm Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Hi Guys,

Apologies if it's already been asked (I'm working my way through the owners threads!!!), but I've got a query on mounting the 3200 upside down on either a wall or ceiling mount.

I see that it uses M4x9 screws, and it has 5 holes to screw into, however the mounts that are at the top of my list only have 3 mounting points on them. Will 3 x M4x9 screws hold the 3200 safely, or do I need to be looking exclusively at mounts with 4 mounting points?

Last thing I want is having some massive bolts in the wall to make sure it doesn't fall off only for the unit to fall off the mount itself!!

Mark
    ====
  4. technomong

technomong Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I got a bargain on a box damaged one from Epson Uk. It was the last one at the time, but it's worth checking with them to see if they have something. I'm very impressed with it
  5. wolvers

wolvers Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,114
    I'm only using three on mine.
  6. baronm

baronm Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Thanks Wolvers - I'm assuming you're happy with just the 3 and unconcerned that they might not hold it?
  7. wolvers

wolvers Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,114
    Yeah, it's fine.

Actually I should of elaborated. Mines bolted to the underside of a shelf with some M4 threaded bar, locked in place with nuts. It's not how I'd ideally have it but our screen is quite low, as that is how we like it, and the previous projector could hit the screen from high up. The 3200 had to be mounted lower because the vertical shift couldn't move the image down as far as a PJ that can be pointed downwards.
  8. Al1357

Al1357 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I'd be more concerned over bolts or screws holding the mount to the wall or ceiling. Your mount should have a load capacity on it, have a look at projector point site as the mounts give load capacities and the epson is around 7Kgs.

I used to have my projector on a shelf above my head until one night i heard a strange noise behind me then got hit on the head by the shelf and projector due to screws being too small :suicide:, my only thought was thank god the bulb didn't blow, then noticed the blood, lesson well learned, you can hang off the new mount:D
  9. wolvers

wolvers Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,114
    Did someone here mention getting some kind of image burn in here? I think this has happened with my new bulb from being on the PC desktop, I cans the ghosts of icons in the back of TV programmes! Hopefully it will go eventually.
  10. technomong

technomong Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi

I'm having an issue with some games on the PS3 flashing green bars, or white noise, or other weird effects. I've tried changing the HDMI range to limited on the PS3, Epson super white off on the PJ, and other tweaks, plus changed to a different HDMI port. It still happens, but seems to be improved
    My amp is old and doesn't have HDMI (I got it cheap because non-HDMI were seriously reduced at the time) so I use the optical out for sound, HDMI goes straight from PS3 to Epson.

Ring any bells for anyone, is this a known issue/simple fix?
  11. baronm

baronm Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Shiny new 3200 + 106" screen + wall mount picked up from Projector Point today :)

Going to be installing it all on Saturday, so will inevitably be back with loads of stupid questions from a projector virgin on Sunday! ;-)

Mark
    ====
  12. jclivingston

jclivingston Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just received and turned on my new 3200

My first projector and it absolutely meets expectations - have only used it my lounge with the blinds down and it is fine. can't wait to see it tonight without any ambient light.

Very chuffed
  13. TonyKL

TonyKL Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Well last night after watching an NFL game as I was switching things off I noticed a 5 inch lighter circle on the projected black image. After changing the focus I realised that this is a small piece of dust (there are quite a few other tiny dots too).

I've not long owned the projector and I got it from Projector Point, who do you recommend I contact regarding this issue? PP or Epson? Also, it's probably only got a couple of hundred hours on it max, is there anyway that I could have it replaced with a new unit instead of old?

Thanks, Tony
  14. kbfern

kbfern Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,931
    You need to contact Epson and they will probably switch it for a different pj, not necessarily a new one though.
  15. TonyKL

TonyKL Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I thought that's what you'd say :(
    Bit unfair if I end up with an old bulb.
  16. kbfern

kbfern Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Well you could ask him if it is a refurb one does he know how many hours (although I think they are zeroed out anyway) if you can switch your bulb with the one in the replacement, I don't see how he could object.
  17. TonyKL

TonyKL Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Fair point, I will see what Epson say.
  18. wolvers

wolvers Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,114
    The replacement units always have a new bulb in them.
  19. TonyKL

TonyKL Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Are they new or do they just reset the pj to say zero? :devil:
  20. wolvers

wolvers Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,114
    I'm pretty sure the Epson engineer guy said they were always fitted with new bulbs.
  21. Oggie

Oggie Active Member

Ratings:
    +613
    I'm looking into getting Epson EH-TW3200 but would just like to find out what its like for gaming (lag) ?
  22. SimonG156

SimonG156 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I use it for the Xbox. I see no issues whatever.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  23. Oggie

Oggie Active Member

Ratings:
    +613
    Thank you Simon :thumbsup:
  24. wolvers

wolvers Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,114
    Both myself and PF use a TW3200 for PC gaming. :thumbsup:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  25. Oggie

Oggie Active Member

Ratings:
    +613
    Gonna get it mate, Mrs has given me go ahead :) now just to look around for a good deal !
  26. wolvers

wolvers Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,114
    Sweet. :) Are you going to run your gaming PC through it?

Make sure you get a UK one, IIRC there were some deals around on foreign ones that didn't have the proper 3yr on site warranty.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  27. Oggie

Oggie Active Member

Ratings:
    +613
    Yeah gonna get it for movies and games on pc and some ps3 gaming as well. Do you use hdmi for pc ?

Thanks, will def make sure get uk model. Gonna try to find someone that sells it through quidco.
  28. wolvers

wolvers Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,114
    Yep, HDMI from PC via an AV amp.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  29. Swiss

Swiss Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Just thought I'd post to say my 3200 was delivered on Friday; hooked it up to my PS3 and played some Wipeout HD, Call of Duty and flicked through Planet Earth on BluRay while projecting onto my home office wall; very impressed! Just need to wait until mid January now for my Beamax screen to be built / delivered and I can get it all set-up in my living room, but for now, it goes back into its box.
  30. wolvers

wolvers Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,114
    :eek: Now way could I do that! :rolleyes: