1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson TW-5900/6000/6000W Owners thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Projectors' started by paulmcp2403, Jul 26, 2012.

1. kbfern

kbfern Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,821
    You have to be careful when doing a/b comparisons as it is easy to fool you if they are not set up identically.

For instance one could have had the dynamic iris engaged and the other not which would give one better blacks over the other.Not saying this was the case in your example but you have to make sure you are comparing apples with apples.

Colour/colour temp/contrast/brightness + other settings along with eco/full power and lamp hours will all have an effect on how 2 projectors of even the same model will look against each other.:)

Also when comparing a pj from a you tube video is really pretty useless.
  2. MadMacGB

MadMacGB Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I know, you're right. But if you would have chance to pick 5900 for 700 or 6000 for 800 I guess you would go ahead with 6000?
    PS there is demo tw6000 with new lamp on ebay for £750.
  3. MadMacGB

MadMacGB Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Just to clarify guys which of these 2 glasses would you pick to be a better solution if you could get them in similiar price?
    EPSON ELPGS01 or Panasonic TY-EW3D3MC ???
    Link to panasonics on ebay:
    Genuine Panasonic TY-EW3D3MC 3D Active Glasses for Epson projector TW6000 TW8000 | eBay

Update on my pj.
    It arrived. Box in really bad condition but inside everyting like new with one problem... missing remote!
    I spoke with head office and they asked me to send email thru ebay so it will get to correct person.
    They said that probably during testing engineer forgot to put it back to the box.
    I hope this is the case and I will get it. Pj powered up but I didn't have time to connect it to anything.
    I will do bit more of testing tonight.
    Can I get to all options without remote? Did anyone use it with Logitech harmony one and can you get to all options with that remote as I'm planing to buy it?

Update 2:
    They replied within 5 minuts which is great. They will try to find it but they also asked to check if its not in "compartment built into the projector for housing the remote".
    I'm back at work so can't check now but did I missed something?
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  4. freemo999

freemo999 Member

Ratings:
    +156
    Newb question here guys

15m cable runs from PJ to back of Yamaha Amp. All i can get is "No Signal" on the PJ.

If I plug the HDMI directly into the back of my PC it works fine, is there something I am missing on the Amp side of things?

Puzzled Andy
  5. MadMacGB

MadMacGB Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Did you try with different hdmi cable? Or try to connect to tv. Maybe settings in amp?
  6. w1zard

w1zard Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey madmac did u find your remote? i saw the remote today on a demoed tw6000 and i dont think it fits anywhere on the projector (its pretty big)
    btw i bought that one on ebay for 750 ;)
  7. True Romance

True Romance Active Member

Ratings:
    +624
    Is the amp set to output 1080p? what's the pc out putting? you may find 15m is to long for 1080 imo.
  8. freemo999

freemo999 Member

Ratings:
    +156
    I have tried 2 more cables 1xIdentical 15m HDMI to the one thats fitted inside the walls and also a shorter 3m

Both of these cables work fine

Pretty gutted to be honest as the room has only just been finished and was about to be painted, no way of running another cables without ruining the walls :(
  9. MadMacGB

MadMacGB Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Great! Well they didn't find it yet and it's defo not in the box. I'm waiting for a quote from Epson's distributor.
    Seller is happy to cover all costs! :clap::thumbsup:
    I connected laptop and played some 3d hsbs and 1080p stuff and all work great!
    Can't wait to set it up in my new house. PJ is now back in the box where it will stay for another month.
    Now hunting for glasses.

Hard lesson!!! I feel sorry for you :(
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  10. freemo999

freemo999 Member

Ratings:
    +156
    I am having uplighter cornice fitted today, so going to use the inside of the tray to run the new HDMI cable around the room. So wont be damaging the walls of the new cinema room.

The cable will then be channelled down the inside of the hallway walls then into the cupboard under the stairs.

Fingers crossed for later on when I test again
  11. MadMacGB

MadMacGB Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I think I need to buy something in 3d on BR to check if my cable is ok.

Freemo999 what make of cable's you bought?

Update on my PJ

I managed to source new remote from Epson's distributor for 25.26GBP and half of that is postage!
    PJ seller will refund that amount to me so I'm very very happy.
    I need to say that customer service was extremly helpfull and quick as hell so THANK YOU!
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  12. True Romance

Ratings:
    +624
    Did you sort out the issue?
  13. MadMacGB

MadMacGB Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Can I ask everyone which ceiling mount would be the best for tw5900 to go with Optoma panoview?
    Panoview screen will start aprox 40cm away from ceiling(about 10cm of case and 30cm of black border I think) so I need PJ to hang on the same level to get straight picture.
  14. woppy101

woppy101 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Is there a way to adjust the 3d depth on the tw5900?
  15. Rojasm

Rojasm Member

Ratings:
    +2
  16. StormHD

StormHD Member

Ratings:
    +12
  17. MadMacGB

MadMacGB Member

Ratings:
    +5
  18. witchdrash

witchdrash Member

Ratings:
    +70
    I get this issue can never get the image 100% focused across the entire image, but it's not as bad as yours and the only person who who has noticed is me because I constantly adjust it :)
  19. andyamd

andyamd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all (Sorry I'm a newbie)

Just purchased a 6000W (my first ever projector) and are extremely happy with it. The brightness as really knocked me out and is ideal for my own non-exclusive cinema set up.

I have ironed out a few problems, which I thought i'd share.

After about 40 mins of watching the pj the screen pj would almost turn itself off for about 10 seconds, then come back on again. I have worked out that it was my TV (also connected to my amp) would go into a sort of deep sleep mode and cock up the hand shaking of the hdmi. Quick solution was to pull the hdmi out of ther tv before starting up the pj.

I do still have one major problem and it's not with the pj but the screen. It's shockingly bad. I did start another thread on this in a different forum, but if anyone has any ideas, please post them.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/projector-screens/1712398-new-having-screen-they-meant-poor.html#post18100244

Many thanks
    Andy
  20. furbje

furbje Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello ,I've got the same problem with my Epson Emp Tw 5900.I've send the projector to the repair centre and i received it back with a letter in the box that they replaced the mainboard and the optical unit.When i watched it the subtitle ghosting was still there nothing changed!I've called Epson Germany (i am dutch but i live in germany) and they asked me to send it to Epson.After a week i've got it back with a letter in the box that they watched it with 20 different employes but they couldn't see the problem and they say that my unit is normal functioning.I think they are ****ing lying but i don' t know wat to do.What did you do to solve this problem?I got the subtitle ghosting when i watch a blu-ray full 3d in my ps3 with a 10 m hdmi cableWhen i watch a half sbs with subs in vlc player the subs are fine.
  21. paulmcp2403

paulmcp2403 Member

Ratings:
    +70
    well folks after 12 weeks with my 6000 I can honestly say I am decidedly underwhelmed by the 3d pop :thumbsdow Yes the 2d is very very good...but 3d???...well....

I have to be honest and say I felt i got swept along with a bit of the old "emperors new clothes" euphoria...but now 12 weeks on its simply not great. Yes it has depth but no real pop. I have tried all the demo discs such as Drive Angry, Avatar and whilst they were good....it was not great...

Admittedly, the kid with the drill on youtube was excellent but there was very clear double imaging when he really stuck the drill into the screen....:thumbsdow...so plenty of pop but a double set of drills..

Moreover I know Im not alone as my mate has a 6000 as well and he feels slightly let down by the 3d:thumbsup:

I suppose all Im saying is...is anyone else underwhelmed? LOL :laugh::laugh:
  22. Hugh

Hugh Member

Ratings:
    +224
    Final Destination 5.

Not a good film by a long way, but old school "In yer face" 3D effects. You WILL be ducking and dodging stuff. :smashin:

Edit: I didn't put that link in. It goes to a non-3D version based on the keyword.
  23. furbje

furbje Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel the same 3d is to dark en my eyes get tired when watching 3d.
    I miss the pop out.
    Maybe Epson will bring an update.
  24. paulmcp2403

paulmcp2403 Member

Ratings:
    +70
    I hi have FD5 ...it was ok...yeah good depth and a bit of POP such as the steel rod in eye during the bridge...but as I say it was good but not great....

I see someone else agrees as well...

I am not saying its a bad projector...in fact the opposite....its great !
  25. furbje

furbje Member

Ratings:
    +0

The best 3d movie (pop out wise) that i have seen is : Sammy's Adventures: The Secret Passage lots of comming at ya!
  26. nogud

nogud Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm considering buying a TW5900 or TW5910.
    I have a Popcorn Hour A-200, I believe this will allow me to watch 3d movies on either of these projectors?
    Also, what kind of files can be used with this setup?
    I'm asking this here as I don't know if there is any fundamental difference between 3d tvs and 3d projectors when it comes to the 3d signal from the popcorn hour.
    Thanks!
  27. MadMacGB

MadMacGB Member

Ratings:
    +5
    You play normal hsbs in 1080p. Works like on 3dtv
  28. True Romance

Ratings:
    +624

To be fair its more than likely the lack of 3D pop out movies than the pj. 3D it now all about the depth and very few films will keep throwing things out of the screen at you as the public don't want that......apparently?

I've had two 3D pj's and the pop out has been the same on both. The youtube saw/drill videos clearly shows what is possible with pop out effects, remember these were youtube clips so not the best PQ hence some x-talk.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  29. MadMacGB

MadMacGB Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I could agreed with that. I don't like if movie is made for a maximum 3d like FD. I really enjoyed Prometeus as it was mede for 3d but it's not full of these pop outs and you don't get that feel that it was made only for that.
  30. witchdrash

witchdrash Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Most films don't use pop out of screen 3D because it's distracting and causes eye strain, if you're expecting what you're focusing on to be at screen level and everything between you and them to be in your living room you're going to be disappointed, most films, even kids films put everything behind the screen, treating it like a window, so you have depth, but nothing shifts in front if the screen.

The 2 films you mention are much like that, the youtube video is awful quality, but is designed to demo pop out, so you will get cross talk, I don't see cross talk at all on my Epson from 3D blurays, but games, sky, and ones off the net vary depending on the quality of the picture.

If you're looking for pop out try kids films, but even then it's used occasionally, bat and ball at the start of monsters vs aliens, or the menu with the minions in despicable me, but it causes more headaches and eye strain.