Epson EH-TW9000/w Owners Thread

looks like you would have the lens shift near max there..... I've a smaller room and smaller screen than you and mine ended up just perfect on max shift

although I didn't need to use it and its like using a bad word with projectors as its best not to use if you can get away with it but the keystone setting in the menu will get rid of the trapeoid shape you mention..... which is due to having the projector pointing down slightly

It's only a slight trapezoid so I have not used the keystone. I may just have to live with it or raise the picture a bit to minimize the trapezoid...just thought it would be ok with an almost 100% vertical LS.

Hi all,

I was asked a interesting question and thought you guys would know.

How does this projector compare to cinema quality?

Id say it totally depends on the room and the cinema in question.

Dan201 said:
Id say it totally depends on the room and the cinema in question.

So if I were speaking generally this would beat normal cinemas in a bat cave but be beaten by the likes of Imax.

Is that about right?

I would say if you can get close to batcave conditions and buy a 1080p projector and feed it a bluray 1080p source if you also use a good size screen (8ft or over) and sit 10ft-12ft away the image is as good as the better cinemas and better than most of the poorer set up cinemas.

Obviously that is the video side, audio is another aspect as if you have a cheapo setup that is not going to be as good but get a decent amp and 5.1 speaker setup when you crank it up that can also rival or even surpass your local cinema.

I've just managed to finally install my TW9000 after it was left in the box upon delivery in late May due to the refurb I'm having done to my living room etc...

Out of the box, the picture was great and my hdmi splitter and hdmi 15 metre cable both work fine....:clap:.

The only problem i encountered was that I have installed it upside down on a wall bracket like it's meant to be at the height that it is (like ceiling mounting it) as high as possible in my room and consequently, the picture did not project as low as I wanted it to and so I have had to tilt it downwards very slightly but I'm getting a slight trapezoid effect. I thought it would be able to project low without any problems. I have used the vertical lens shift to it's maximum but the picture was still too high as I wanted the picture to be level with my wall mounted plasma behind the screen.....:confused:.
I have attached pics showing the screen at the level I want it to be and showing the 9000 with the tilt.

Not ideal at this stage but can you lower the wall bracket a little to accomodate?

Not ideal at this stage but can you lower the wall bracket a little to accomodate?

Hi, unfortunately I can't lower the bracket as the power cable and hdmi cable go through the bracket and straight into the wall so you cant see it and consequently, the trunking in the wall has it's opening for the cables to exit the wall at the current said height behind the bracket. Lowering the bracket will mess this up....I'm resigned to the fact that I may need to raise the image a bit to be at the projectors lowest point without the trapezoid effect...as you say, not ideal but something I can live with. It's to do with the short distance of the pj to the screen, the further away it is (pj) the lower the image would have been.

I took the plunge and purchased one of these projectors this week. I am very impressed with the picture quality but was shocked by the size of the projector, much bigger than my old InFocus x1 that I had several years ago. Due to the layout of our living room I have a removable setup but am struggling to find a floor stand that would be suitable to hold this beast. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi, unfortunately I can't lower the bracket as the power cable and hdmi cable go through the bracket and straight into the wall so you cant see it and consequently, the trunking in the wall has it's opening for the cables to exit the wall at the current said height behind the bracket. Lowering the bracket will mess this up....I'm resigned to the fact that I may need to raise the image a bit to be at the projectors lowest point without the trapezoid effect...as you say, not ideal but something I can live with. It's to do with the short distance of the pj to the screen, the further away it is (pj) the lower the image would have been.

The only other option I can think of would be to use a bracket like this :-
EPW 6565 Projector Wall Solution
as you have the cable management that would allow you to take the cables covered through your existing opening but have the arm for the projector lower.

quantumAV said:
as you have the cable management that would allow you to take the cables covered through your existing opening but have the arm for the projector lower.

This looks like an ideal solution for me. Would it fit the 9000W? Looks like the back of the projector would be quite tight against the wall.

Hi, I did consider this bracket originally but the depth of the projector is 395mm meaning the bracket would be too small to accomodate it as your link quotes only 330mm max from the wall. It is fine in every other way but the depth (distance from wall) prevented me from purchasing it.

Last edited:
I noticed that some members here have used the same bracket to hold an Epson TW6000W which is 365mm. Does anyone here use it with a 9000W?

Allan at ideal av sold me a smashing flush to ceiling mount for my tw9000. Worth a look at one of those if you are looking around

Hi, I did consider this bracket originally but the depth of the projector is 395mm meaning the bracket would be too small to accomodate it as your link quotes only 330mm max from the wall. It is fine in every other way but the depth (distance from wall) prevented me from purchasing it.

I have a 9000W on one in my lounge so it does fit - the mount attachement to the projector is slightly off centre towards the rear of the projector.

Last edited:
I have a 9000W on one in my lounge so it does fit - the mount attachement to the projector is slightly off centre towards the rear of the projector.

Ok maybe I did not look into it enough due to the dimensions of it on paper. Unfortunately, I'm unable to change my existing bracket as there are screw holes already in the wall and the Vogel is slimmer and oblong whereas my current bracket wall plate is round. Just had a major refurb and the missus will not be happy if I start tinkering with it all so soon...:rolleyes:

I think I'll just raise the image a bit and make do with that....pics to follow in the gallery once the sound system is installed back again.:)

LMP have a wall solution with two lengths versions. I asked to see if he could manufacture these for the 6000 as it needed to be mounted on the wall with screen installations This solution also works for the 9000 if required.

Regards, Shane

Hi all wise ones! I'm seriously considering this projector as an update to my aging Panasonic PT-AE2000. (if I can still get hold of one!)
I was considering the Panasonic PT-AT5000, but the lens shift feature just doesn't compare to my older Panny, so its just not possible... :(

So I've been shown this Epson by Shane, and so far, reading this thread, it seems to be what I'm looking for! (again, if I can manage to get hold of one!)

Just a few questions, if I may?
3D Panasonic glasses compatibility: i have 3 pairs of Panasonic TY-EW3D2M glasses that came with my VT30. Will these work well with the Epson?

3D glasses emitter: erm, where is it? exactly? do I need to use an additional emitter, or is it built in to the projector itself (and hence simply bounces the signal off the screen)?

And finally, is the lens shift any good? My projector is pretty much vertically alligned, but, horizontally, its about 81cm off centre from a 235cm wide screen...

Many thanks for any replies/answers...

MoFoHo said:
Hi all wise ones! I'm seriously considering this projector as an update to my aging Panasonic PT-AE2000. (if I can still get hold of one!)
I was considering the Panasonic PT-AT5000, but the lens shift feature just doesn't compare to my older Panny, so its just not possible... :(

So I've been shown this Epson by Shane, and so far, reading this thread, it seems to be what I'm looking for! (again, if I can manage to get hold of one!)

3D Panasonic glasses compatibility: i have 3 pairs of Panasonic TY-EW3D2M glasses that came with my VT30. Will these work well with the Epson?

3D glasses emitter: erm, where is it? exactly? do I need to use an additional emitter, or is it built in to the projector itself (and hence simply bounces the signal off the screen)?

And finally, is the lens shift any good? My projector is pretty much vertically alligned, but, horizontally, its about 81cm off centre from a 235cm wide screen...

Many thanks for any replies/answers...

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure only the TY-EW3D3 (3rd Gen) are compatible not the 2nd Gen ones you've got

The emitter is inbuilt into the projector and bounces off the screen - no need for anything external or extra like with the Sony projector.

Lens shift is good - I think it can manage something like 60% shift of the image, so should be able to cope with your 81cm, which is just over 30% of a 235cm wide image, without any real problem.

I use both the Panasonic 3rd gen and the Epson glasses. I'm fairly sure the second gen do work but the easiest way to check is to go into your local tv store and try a new Panasonic tv with both the 3rd gen glasses and your older ones.

I think it was just a product update not a change in technology.

Yes they will work. Both use the IR protocol, and the panasonics appear to work on the Epson. The new panasonics (i.e. from the 50 range) will not work, as they are now RF.

There is an internal emitter built into the projector. An additional (more powerful emitter) can be bought if required, but is not required in most domestic environments.

Vertically aligned to, the top, bottom or middle. Are we talking about a 16x9 screen?

Vertically aligned to, the top, bottom or middle. Are we talking about a 16x9 screen?

Yes its a 16:9 screen. 235cm wide. The projector lens would be 82cm from the centre. Vertically, its pretty much bang in the centre of the screen... The Epson seems exactly the same chassis size as my Panny AE2000! Coincidence?!

Yes its a 16:9 screen. 235cm wide. The projector lens would be 82cm from the centre. Vertically, its pretty much bang in the centre of the screen... The Epson seems exactly the same chassis size as my Panny AE2000! Coincidence?!

Sorry for delay, I was trying to get the precise info for you. According to the manual (see the attached extract below). Where the projector is in the centre of the screen, the projector can project 47% of it's screen width off axis. That would be 110cm in your case, so it does appear to suggest it will work.

attachment.php

Attachments

• TW9000 Lens Shift.JPG
    TW9000 Lens Shift.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 939
I have a Octava HDDA12A-UK connected to my epson 9000 projector and my 2d panasonic tv.

I am having problems with my projector where every time i turn it on it keeps flashing blue with no signal displayed but if i turn the Octava off and on this solves the problem with the projector operating normally.

The above problem is a pain because i have a harmony remote and this problem messes everything up

The projector has the firmware 104 and amp is new and no problems with the tv.

Anyone with any ideas?

guyan123 said:
I have a Octava HDDA12A-UK connected to my epson 9000 projector and my 2d panasonic tv.

I am having problems with my projector where every time i turn it on it keeps flashing blue with no signal displayed but if i turn the Octava off and on this solves the problem with the projector operating normally.

The above problem is a pain because i have a harmony remote and this problem messes everything up

The projector has the firmware 104 and amp is new and no problems with the tv.

Anyone with any ideas?

Have you tried changing the order in which the chain switchs on?

RICKYJ said:
Have you tried changing the order in which the chain switchs on?

I am not using the harmony at the moment just the other million remotes I have.

I have tried different combinations but still the same problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom