1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eltax Symphony 8.2

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by paulw77, Jan 2, 2001.

1. paulw77

paulw77 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Does anyone have an opinion on these speakers ? I have been offered some very cheap. Read on.

I have a story to tell about Richer Sounds....

On NYE I went in to buy a pair of Mission 702e's and a centre speaker (didn't know which one I wanted when I went in).

THe manager offered me the Eltax Symphony 6.2's for the same price as the Missions (a saving of £90). I agreed and bought a matching Eltax Symphony centre.

When I got the speakers home, I found they had given me one black and one beech (I wanted beech), so I took the beech one back. THe only beech one they had left was a display model, which was faulty. As I had not taken the other beech one with me (meaning another return journey) they have now offered me the Eltax Symphony 8.2's for the same price !

This basicaly means I am getting a brand new pair of £250 speakers for the price of the Missions (£110 in beech).

The thing is, I don't want them if they are crap. will they be too bassy for a room measuring 15x11 ?
  2. russraff

russraff Member

Ratings:
    +43
    Personally, I would choose the Eltax over the Missions anyday. Thing is YOU might not. Book a demo and listen for yourself, its the only way to be sure.

Russell
  3. aj

aj Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I would, (and did), choose the Eltax speakers.

I had mine in a room about the size you quote and they were fine. Better than fine - damn good.

I had mine paired with a Paradigm cc350 centre and cannot complain.

If you can take your amp to to the RS dem roomand listen to them.

Just cos I prefer them to the Missions doesn't mean you will.

AJ

PS They go well with the Eltax bipole rears.

4. superhuman

superhuman Member

Ratings:
    +2
    i have found the 8.2's to be have much smoother bass and a slightly crisper treble over the 702's but then they are twice the price (well, i paid twice the price anyway). if you can get them for £110 then that really is a true bargain.

i have mine with the symphony centre and eltax monitor 3 rears, they all work great in my system