1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eltax Symphony 6.2 + Gale Gold Monitors

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Paul H, Feb 27, 2001.

1. Paul H

Paul H Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Richer sounds are currently doing an offer for the following: -

Eltax Symphony 6.2 + Gale Gold Monitors + Eltax Symphony Centre

for £219.95. Does anyone have any experience with these speakers? They would be used in a 15ft x 12ft room with a £250 amp/receiver (Yamaha RXV596RDS or Sony STR840)

I would appreciate any help given.

2. Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The Eltax Symphony 6.2s are really nice speakers for that price, I went to demo them.
    The treble is a bit harsh, but that was because the ones I tested were out the box, brand new and hadn't been worn in [​IMG]
    The detailing on them is good, we listened to a complete range of music, classical, rock, pop and trance. All performed really well. We tested it on movies (Matrix, Blade etc) that again was good detail and separation.
    It's slightly weak on the bass, however, having said that, it still had a good ompfh to it. The 8.2s were MUCH better with the bass range, but if this is home cinema, you'd probably have a sub anyway. So these speakers would be excellent paired with a sub.

I never got to test the Gale Golds or the centre, but the whole deal is a steal at that price.

Ordered mine last Thursday.. 2 days left to their promised latest delivery date [​IMG]))
  3. Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Forgot to add that the build quality and "wood grain" on the Symphony 6.2s seemed to be good, not excellent, but they seemed to be very good at that price range (the beech ones that is), I haven't seen the black ones. It also comes with gold spikes and is bi-wireable with gold bannana plug connectors. Just in case you wanted more information.
  4. philmate

philmate Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Also check out the Liberty 5+, £110 in beech,I prefered these I thought they were more natural than the symphony's. I found the bass too boomy and was forever adjusting it, especially with TV signals. It seemed as if they had a bass boost inside. The Liberty range also do centre and rears, The good thing with Richer is that you can try the gear out for 14 days from purchase. Also the beech did'nt match the decor so I rubbed them down and dyed them, look good now.
    Philmate.

------------------
  5. Stuart M. Robinson

Stuart M. Robinson Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    philmate wrote:

"Also the beech did'nt match the decor so I rubbed them down and dyed them, look good now."

The Eltax Liberty loudspeakers are vinyl-wrapped fibreboard, so how exactly did you manage to rub them down? Enquiring minds want to know!

Stuart M. Robinson
    SMR Group – http://www.smr-group.co.uk/
  6. Dominic

Dominic Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Paul H

This is simular to what i use in a room 16ft by 12ft, same front and centre but i have std gale monitors, as said by others the detail is good but the bass is there but not booming, although is better on the 8.2's.
    i did have a gale centre to start with, but swaped it in for the symphony centre, it has a better match with the 6.2's, a more softer sound.
    originaly i ran this off a yamaha prolgic amp, sounded great, until DVD came upon me, so i hade to go for a dolby digital amp.

best advice is go into richer sounds with your CD / DVD collection and spend a few hours listening to them with.

Dom
  7. Paul H

Paul H Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought I'd let you know that I have gone for the Eltax Atomic package which received a good review from Stuart. I also went for the Yamaha RX-V800 for my receiver.