1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

electronicworldtv.co.uk - any experience

Discussion in 'Which TV Should I Buy?' started by jwyg, Jan 30, 2009.

1. jwyg

jwyg Member

Ratings:
    +8
    seen this site which sells graded tv's at very good prices. anyone had any dealings with them (good or bad)?

thanks in advance
  2. willfaulkner

willfaulkner Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I do have experience of Electronic World TV unfortunately it's not good...

They are refusing to honour the warranty on a faulty Hitachi 42PD6600 that's 10 months into its 12 month warranty, despite the fact that I have shown the issue to be a common fault with this TV.

They are flatly refusing to repair it, with no reason given other than 'we have never seen this before'.

They now refuse to return my calls and do not respond to emails and have left me with no choice but to raise it with Trading Standards (who've referred me to Consumer Direct) - this is the current state of play at time of writing.

The Customer Service has been nothing short of appalling - you can read the entire sorry debacle on my blog at Tales from the IT side » Dissatisfaction - Northwest Electronic World TV (Electronic World TV and Video) - TVS4U

William Faulkner
  3. tvgeek

tvgeek Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to say, i have bought a couple of tvs from ewtv and can only say positive things about them, the customer service was excellent and the tvs are still in very good working order, i have recommended ewtv to my family and friends and have no problems recommending them to anyone on here. the gentleman with the cracked screen, sounds like a horrible experience for you, lets hope its not like a mirror! you certainly dont want 7 years of bad luck!
  4. benl2k

benl2k Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks a bit too cheap to me. Just looked for a Samsung A656 and its 80 quid cheaper than the cheapest I've seen it. May be being pessimistic but that usually means either they're not legit or they offer a poor level of service.
  5. zulu645

zulu645 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was pessimistic too when I saw the prices, thought it was too good to be true, but I took the plunge to buy from them after seeing thousands of positive customer feedbacks over the past 5 years on their eBay shop (see eBay profile username "electronicworldtv" and also "wembley-electronicworld").

Overall a positive buying experience.

Note:1) the TVs are 'graded' so might not have the original packaging because they might be end of line, discontinued models,unwanted gifts etc

2) As a company Electronic World must be doing well cos i've just discovered they have launched their 2nd website www.cheap-lcd-tv.co.uk
  6. benl2k

benl2k Member

Ratings:
    +0

Hmmm...you know a lot about them don't you?
  7. zulu645

zulu645 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I definitely did my research before parting with nearly 600 quid!!
  8. batman1056

batman1056 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    very very tempted with buying a "graded" sammy 7 series for less that £700! -- anyone else had bad luck with them?
  9. JiffOrange

JiffOrange New Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Its very easy to keep your prices down when you are stocking TV's which are2-3 years old. Not much in the way of current lines & the fact they are "graded" would suggest to me that they are about the right price for what you are getting (some a bit cheaper, especially if it is current). Personally I wouldn't buy from them ....for online purchase their are soooooooo many retailers which have good prices, a solid reputation & very good after service. Just my opinion, of course.
    Cheers,
    Jiff
  10. JiffOrange

JiffOrange New Member

Ratings:
    +56
    lol :rotfl: that is the best thing I've read all week.
    Cheers,
    Jiff
  11. zulu645

zulu645 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was only sharing what i knew about them so others might benefit
  12. darkninja

darkninja Member

Ratings:
    +0
    **WARNED** Long complaining essay:

I recently heard about www.electronicworldtv by watching this TV show "gadget show". Therefore i decided to check out the site and to my suprise they were VERY cheap comapred to other sites. Main reasons for their cheap price was because they only do collection and no delevery and their tv's are classed as 'graded' and include end of line/discontinued TV with few minor scractched but still in working conditons.

I then found a great bargain on their site for a 50 inch Philips 50PF7521D HDTV for £499.99 i was overwhelmed and orderd it. I placed the order on the 4th of Januray 2010 and i got email confirmation for order and they told me it I will recive a call from them when the order arrives from their main depot in brimingham to London depot for me to collect. They said it will take within 7 days.

I then waited for 1 week to go by and heard no calls/emails from them. I decided to call the customer sales hotline on 1th Jan. i was told the items is taking long to come due to snow, which was acceptable and they told me to call back on thurday to check the status of my order. I then called again the following thursday to confirm why my order is not here yet and the sales agent told me the item is not in stock at their depot so they cannot send out the order. I told them when i placed the order why did it show in stock if they cannot send it out to me, why not send an email to let me know.

They said they can send alternative models or i can wait till monday 18th. So i decided to wait another week... but again no order came. So once again i had to chase them up i sent out 2/3 emails but go no reponse!! very poor customer service. I called up and told them ok just send out alternative to me and they said i will have to pay more for it and cant exchange for the same price?...This is when i got mad i cancelled my order and got a full refund. Never again am i going to order from that website. very poor service and bad customer service . I will rather pay more but and know im getting the order in time.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  13. joeprosho

joeprosho Member

Ratings:
    +45
    my experience of reading reviews, the deals you can get from graded stock outlets are great but it is as simple as pot luck on the quality of what you get, customer service dealing with faults never seems to be great

me personally only gonna deal with big name stores makes your life a lot easier, wait for a good sale and pay the little extra for peace of mind
  14. ghking3

ghking3 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    i got my samsung from electronicworld, at the time i didnt relise it was an older model as i was looking at the 450 and lg2000 and toshiba 635, but i went to the shop in birmingham as its only about 20 minutes drive for me and they didnt have the others so i looked at this r88 which was same price(£290) as it was on display and it seemed good, so i brought it(wasnt leaving empty handed lol), this was in november and havnt had any complaints :smashin:

i will however say that the shop looked alittle dodgey as its basically a discount store so tvs on display, boxes in the corner etc and i didnt get a box nor manual, but a protective cover, but i guess you take chances like this..

dont know if id buy from there again, well not from the shop anyways as they likely wont have the tv id want :rotfl:, also the person who served me said the site was different, so plobly best ordering.

extra note, they were the cheapest i found hence me going in the first place ;)
  15. aitken118

aitken118 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    steer clear, i ordered a tv for a bday present and i was assured it would be within 7 days. after 10 days still no tv and everyone, and they cannot even garantee that i will have it within the next 10 days either, i have now cancelled my order.
  16. raff0

raff0 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,
    Just in the process of buying from these people, have been researching the 40 Samsung UE40D8000 retail price last year was £1,599.99 from these guys it's 879.99 :) a big saving.
    Will let you know how i get on i have been told by phone 7 Days, we shall see.
  17. vickster

vickster Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,821
    I hope you paid with a credit card just for that protection
  18. raff0

raff0 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes mate I always do ;)
  19. _Ollie_

_Ollie_ Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Yeah keep us informed as I was looking at the D7000, 40" and 46" versions but would have to travel to their Preston depot which is a fair old journey if it ends up futile.
  20. raff0

raff0 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    will do, not heard anything yet although i did speak to a rep the day after my order was placed. The rep told me it normally takes five to seven days and on delivery they will phone me to let me know that i can pick it up, also they only open there pick up depots on Tue and Thur and don't take any money until you have received your goods.
  21. ChristovJN

ChristovJN Member

Ratings:
    +37
    raff0 - did you have any luck? Seen a 55" Samsung LCD that is £849.99 that I'd be willing to drive up to Preston to pick up, just wondering how your experience was?
  22. raff0

raff0 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hiya buddy plain and simple, steer clear! they messed me about start to finish. It turned out they were advertising TV sets they didn't even have? wasted nearly 3 weeks and only when I E Mailed and complained did I get a response my mate. I actually ended up paying extra and bought from curry s who had the best retail price on the latest model and there service was top notch. Sometimes it's best to pay a bit more with a branded company.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  23. ChristovJN

ChristovJN Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Absolute hero raff0, thanks for saving me time, money and energy!
  24. HHH370

HHH370 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive had 4 tvs off these guys in the last few months for myself, friends and parents from the collection depot in wembley. Prices have been excellent, top service on collection and over the phone, few problems but were sorted swiftly. Sure u may have to wait a week or 2 but for the price u cant go wrong + they dont take the money till they have confirmed collection! the Samsung es8000 i got was mint in the box. cant go wrong! will definately buy again and continue to recommend.