1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Edgy" subtitles through component?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players' started by cribeiro, Nov 26, 2006.

1. cribeiro

cribeiro Member

Ratings:
    +313
    Hello,

I have been testing the different outputs of my player, in order to see whether it is worth the cost of more and more cables...

I have connected dvd (Denon 1400) and projector (Sanyo Z4) through composite and component, and I have switched between both. Cables were "cheap", component costing 30 euro and composite about 12.

I could see some improvement over component, but not that breathtaking... Interestingly enough, it seems that the color calibration is better over component. What annoys me is that the subtitles look very sharp, edgy, using component. Like if they had less resolution than the rest of the image. They do look ok over composite, and I would rather expect the oposite...

Am I doing something wrong?

BTW, I also tested RGB over scart going to the computer input, it was a fast test, but I could not see it is any worse than component... I am planning to get some belden through "Blue Jeans"... I know some people from US who can get them for me far cheaper than in Europe. I guess it will be the ultimate cable :D