1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eBay Resolution Centre

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nheather, Feb 24, 2012.

1. nheather

nheather Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,027
    Just wondered what your opinions of the eBay Resolution Centre are.

I currently have a problematic eBay purchase (item not received). I've waited a realistic time, seller was unresponsive to eMails so I decided to raise a PayPal dispute to get some attention.

As I stared the procedure in PayPal, the system identified that it was an eBay purchase and suggested that an eBay Resolution case would be better and provided a link.

Being an obliging sort of person I followed this advice and now have an eBay Resolution case.

Early days yet but I'm regretting not doing a normal PayPal dispute. The eBay version seems much less formal, it's called a case rather than a dispute and doesn't appear to have any mecahnism to escalate to get some eBay input - perhaps that will appear after the inital 10 days are up.

Just seems frustrating that I have to let the seller have a further 10 days of doing nothing before I can make eBay\PayPal sort it out.

BTW - if I now try and raise a PayPal dispute I get a message saying that there is no need as there is already an eBay case.

Probably fussing over nothing - just interested in what your experiences with eBay Resolution Centre have been. Is it correct that I have to wait a further 10 days before I can get eBay involved - that will be 25 days after the purchase.

Cheers,

Nigel
  2. dc8900

dc8900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,451
    when I used ebay's RC a couple of years ago, IIRC, in that process, I simply sent another message, stating the issue etc. After the 10 days of the seller not responding, ebay found in my favour and I got my money back.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Greg Hook

Greg Hook Moderator & Reviewer

Ratings:
    +3,273
    As dc8900 said, I've used it in the past and it worked fine. You just have to wait the allotted timescale and make sure you do things within the timescales given.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Miss Mandy

Miss Mandy Active Member

Ratings:
    +611
    I've used it a couple of times before and the cases were all found in my favour as they should have been. Its frustrating that after spending some time trying to resolve things myself I then have to wait another 10 days, but they are pretty much always going to find in the buyers favour and sort a refund.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. nheather

Ratings:
    +2,027
    Thanks all for the responses.

As I expecting looks like all will be fine, just a shame that I've got to wait another 10 days when I'd already waited patiently for 15 before raising the dispute.

Cheers,

Nigel
  6. walleee

walleee Member

Ratings:
    +220
    I guess they ask you to wait 10 days to allows the seller a reasonable time scale to log on and receive the message that there is a problem.

I'm sure you'd appreciate the same if you'd sent something and it hadn't arrived..

Non communication is a ball ache, but if you only purchased the item 15 days ago, there is little the seller could have done until now as royal mail only recognise item as lost after 15 days. That's assuming they sent it the same day you bought it, which is unlikely.

As others have suggested just develop some patience...
  7. nheather

Ratings:
    +2,027
    Absolutely, except that this is the actual behaviour of the seller.

After I waited more than long enough without compliant I emailed him over the course of several days through the eBay mail system. He ignorred all of these eMails.

The instant (within minutes) I raised a case in the resolution centre he responded saying that the item was sent on the 6th Feb.

That was 3 days ago. I have asked through the case what he intends to do about it and he has not replied.

So what he has done, is the instant eBay demanded a response from him, he replied without addressing the problem - this satisfies eBay for the time being. Now he seems happy to sit out the 10 days without responding to any further questions.

Obviously, his failure to respond to sensible questions will only serve to strengthen my case.

You need to get your crystal ball serviced - he didn't use Royal Mail.

Cheers,

Nigel
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  8. walleee

walleee Member

Ratings:
    +220
    ah yeah, bit of an arse then.