Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eaglebox 800 HD Review

Discussion in 'Satellite TV Forum' started by Ghostleader, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Ghostleader

Ghostleader Active Member

Ratings:
    +308
    Had this box for a couple of days now & I've got to say really impressed with it for a budget HD reciever. The reciever itself covers all the entry level bases & then some. The reciever is about the size of a hardback book, at the front left hand side is a four digit display where the I.F. remote sensor is concealed, the remote control unit itself is a well thought layout & a Humax casting rip off, i.e. its shape & key shapes are the same as the Humax Freesat zappers. The right hand side of the unit is the smart card reader flap which also conceals the units one & only USB socket for all your PVR, Multimedia playback & Firmware flashing needs. The onscreen main menus are bright & graphically lush, rather than just having just the sat scaning, av settings etc you have a multmedia menu & due to the nature of the unit you also have a Ethernet & online features menu with access to online photo services from Flickr etc, Google Maps, Accu Weather & downloadable games that go way beyond the daft Tetris games you get on all sat receivers for some daft resaon!:facepalm:

The naughty, naughty menu:
    [​IMG]

Once you have loaded the latest firmware & entered a secret system code you unlock a sub menu that gives you access to the ability to use CCcam & newcamD, the unit is super stable with CCcam & newcamD lines which can be manually via the remote or flashed in via USB drive. During tests I tried my TNT card in the units card reader, to my surprise the card half worked with glitching every eight seconds the key change took place, so heres hoping theres some sort of on going support to get the TNT cards working 100%:smashin:.

[​IMG]

Tuner sensitivity is average, installers out there think Spiderbox series in regards to this, so its good but no better than that. A.V. performance is strong with 1080P output available if desired & a whole host of tweakable video opitions, all HD content is pumped out via HDMI, i.e. the unit does not have component outputs.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  2. adam watson

adam watson Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks for taking the time to write that. Have you any experience of an openbox to compare it to?
  3. Ghostleader

Ghostleader Active Member

Ratings:
    +308
    Sorry mate I have never had shot of a Openbox (Am actually surprised at this) and I am aware theres a new revision of that not long out aswell.