Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E Cigarettes

Discussion in 'General Chat Forum' started by davidegee, May 27, 2013.

1. nero0410

nero0410 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,758
    I'm upgrading from the entry level ego's for your information.

To further my query after some more looking around, reading reviews etc.... I'm not sure £160 is going to be a bit overkill or not with other options out there.

The Vamo can be had for £36 (£50 ish in a kit that includes batteries) (not from this site, another uk vendor, can't find it now):
    EGO VV-VW 18650 MOD VAMO £39.95 - MODS & Advanced - Ego VV/VW VAMO Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

The lavatube 4 can be had for a similar price in a kit (not from this link, saw them both on the same site, will have to find it again):
    Chrome Lavatube 4.0 Kit - LavaTube / Robust / VV Transformer - PV Parts/Mods

Then there's the Sigelei Zmax:
    Sigelei ZMAX

Then finally the Provari:
    ProVari

1. Can I simply attach my protank and use it on any of the above or will it require an adapter?

2. Can I use Evod's with any of the above or need an adapter?

3. Is there really that great a deal of difference in build and performance going from the vamo/lavatube up to the Sigelei Zmax/Provari?

4. Or is it a bit overkill?

5. What is the best out of the above?

6. If I cannot find a kit, I presume I'll need to buy batteries, charger for the latter of the four and then just use my protank on top?

7. Anything else I can consider/you can suggest?

Cheers

tris
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
  2. DR Kronenbourg

DR Kronenbourg Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,861
    That's my next port of call:smashin: trying Trips Champagne and Strawberries but it is tasting far to synthetic for my liking. Managed to bag myself a bottle of Midos Scorpion blood though, now that stuff is the nuts:)
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. JDCFH

JDCFH Active Member

Ratings:
    +590
    Tris,

The sigelei z-max will accept 510 or ego threading so your evod and pro tank should fit...

Its the best quality also as its stainless steel.

Vamo / lava tube are okay but only accept 510 thread. They aren't the best quality either hence the lower price.

Provari for what it costs to me in my opinion isn't worth it any more. Cheaper devices do stuff better these days but may not be built as well. And only accepts 510 devices.

Cheers

Dan
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. DR Kronenbourg

Ratings:
    +1,861
    Have one of these beauties coming in a few weeks too.

[​IMG]
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  5. nero0410

Ratings:
    +2,758
    I presume the V2 version is the one to go for?

It states there that it might be a tight fit for the Evod's which I'm thinking of getting for extra flavours to carry round with me etc....

By tight fit, I'm not sure if that means they wont fit.

I use my protank mainly, but I do need a few not so fancy ones for other flavours that require non plastic tanks.

Any other suggestions welcome as to what to buy with it, type of battery chargers etc would be appriciated :)

tris
  6. JDCFH

JDCFH Active Member

Ratings:
    +590
    Just found this??

Sigelei Zmax
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. nero0410

Ratings:
    +2,758
    Dont look too shabby, telescopic though. Would that have a prob holing in the battery
  8. ObeyOne

ObeyOne Member

Ratings:
    +181
  9. DR Kronenbourg

Ratings:
    +1,861
    It's the Senisis RBA built by a Polish mod maker called Senio:smashin:
  10. JDCFH

JDCFH Active Member

Ratings:
    +590
    Not sure mate.

Same site has Provari's for £133 also :smashin:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. ObeyOne

ObeyOne Member

Ratings:
    +181
    I've got through about 40mls of scorpion blood this week - lovely stuff :) fancied a change this evening and plumped for some long bottom leaf I've had for a while. Usually go for a sweet vape but really enjoying this tonight.
  12. ObeyOne

ObeyOne Member

Ratings:
    +181
    Just googled it - nice :) but can you stop showing things I can't buy? List is closed :( how did you hear about 'em?
  13. nero0410

Ratings:
    +2,758
    I'll take a look into it, like being thorough before I buy :)

£133 before tax matey, saw them there earlier :)
    (didnt spot the Sigelei when i was there earlier though)

tris
  14. JDCFH

JDCFH Active Member

Ratings:
    +590
    Always research and read reviews mate - keep us posted...

Just rebuilt both my kayfun 2.1 with ekowool and must say I'm impressed.

Had a go on alchemists lemon lime... Its bloody lovely stuff. Tastes just like the cordial you dilute with water. Not overly sweet and quite refreshing.

Leaving the mint choc chip ice cream to steep for a week :)

Will definitely be going back for more lemon lime though
  15. nero0410

Ratings:
    +2,758
    Been on the Chocolate lime all day and evening today, it's a great taste, but the lime is pretty over powering sometimes. Nice and smooth now it's soaked in properly :)

Steeping them all at the moment, will try another flavour when I run the tank out though.

Currently scowling through forums looking up information on the Sigelei Z-Max V2 and V3, and watching video's.

To be honest I'm not sure what the heck I'll be doing with a VV device or how it will effect my vaping for the better :rolleyes: I'm jumping head in head first and hoping for a better vape than I get with the 'ego' batteries.
    Thought I'd have a look into it and see if I can gather some info and get something that will improve my vaping experience now I'm almost fully converted over to vaping :)

tris
  16. DR Kronenbourg

Ratings:
    +1,861
    Oh just months of trawling the net mate, I have a buddy who is getting two and ones for me;)
  17. JDCFH

JDCFH Active Member

Ratings:
    +590
    To be honest the only way to improve the vape is at the atomiser end

You can get VV which you can up the voltage which makes the vapour hotter but that's it.

You need to have a play re-wicking some EVOD / Pro Tank heads - even just a re-wick and coil can improve them a lot over the stock heads.

If you like ill send you 4 metres of 3mm silica wick? all you'll need then is some wire
  18. oska

oska Member

Ratings:
    +241

New version of the iTaste vv. Now has variable wattage and ohm tester included. Great features on such a small device. New MVP out soon too with the same new features.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Tomthebomb

Tomthebomb Member

Ratings:
    +138
    I like the look of that. Nicely priced VV for out and about.
  20. JDCFH

JDCFH Active Member

Ratings:
    +590
  21. oska

oska Member

Ratings:
    +241
    This would be my choice also. Good oled display. Great looking device and can use modded eVod tubes too.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  22. JDCFH

JDCFH Active Member

Ratings:
    +590
    Ive gone off his liquid's to be honest preferring the Alchemists Cupboard stuff :D

Yeah the Champagne and Strawberries takes a long steep.

Loved zanzibar but it wrecked coils rapidly :thumbsdow
  23. JDCFH

JDCFH Active Member

Ratings:
    +590
    It also comes with different tube sizes :thumbsup:
  24. nero0410

Ratings:
    +2,758
    Ahh, a nice warm vape would be nice :)

My second protank head has had it's day, so I guess now's good a time as any to have a go at rewicking.

How much do you want for the 4 metres matey? If you want anything for it shove a classifieds ad up reserved for me and I can paypal you :smashin:

What wire would be best for me to get? I'm not a fan of throat hit, which is why I got the 2.5 spare heads instead of the 1.4 ones, so please bare that in mind.

I wouldn't be saving any cash with the SID as I'd still need to buy two batteries and a charger which already come with the Sigelei ZMax Telescope V3.

Sigelei Zmax

You dont have different tube sizes withe the Sigelei V3, but it extends and contracts to fit any battery config :)

The SID looks like it's more or less the same device as the Sigelei Zmax Telescope V3, but looking at it, it seems the Sigelei could be of better build quality?
    I do like the 'telescope' aspect of it for batteries.

Both seem to be able to take the protanks 510 (I think thats what it's called) and eGo fittings for evods etc.... That's a must I think as I try different tanks.

I'm really looking to buy the best build/quality I can get as when I buy one, I want to have one that I'm going to like and use rather than buying cheap, then having to get something better later down the line.

If these match up to the Provari in performance (like not noticing the difference in the vape between the devices), which it seems they more or less do for half the price, it looks silly on spending out the £160 price tag.
    For the extra money I could buy another protank.... or another tank like it, and some evods ro something.

I'd prefer to stick to metal or glass, as I know some liquids don't agree with the acrylic plastic. I'm not sure if the evods 'window's' are glass or plastic?

I'm keeping on researching and welcome all the suggestions and advice you can offer :)

cheers

tris
  25. oska

oska Member

Ratings:
    +241
    Go with the ZMax as it will feel more solid I think. All Sigelei stuff is made very well. I just like the SID as it looks a little more slick in my opinion and is lighter.

Evods are plastic and a few people have had issues with them splitting but mainly due to a more acidic juice. I have used mine pretty much every day for 3 months with no problems. As you are are going down the mod route you may like the Aga t. They are glass and rebuildable. Heard good things about them and only 20 quid.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  26. DR Kronenbourg

Ratings:
    +1,861
  27. JDCFH

JDCFH Active Member

Ratings:
    +590
    The wick is FREE to you just pm me your address.

0.20 kanthal / nichrome will do you.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  28. nero0410

Ratings:
    +2,758
    I might as well give it a whirl then, it's half the price of the pro vari and I can pick up a couple of tanks and more juice with the saving (and some wire since JDCFH is sending me some wick to have a bash at rewicking my protank.... with many thanks).

I did have a look at this video with a tutorial for setting up an AgaT 2:

I'm not sure what on earth he's doing there, he might as well be speaking Chinese :rolleyes:

I do find it difficult to follow things like that, and you use a mesh wick?

Looks quite confusing. (I'm easy to confuse :suicide:)

I do really like my protank, probably why I'm thinking of getting a second as I'm not sure what other tanks are as good or better.
    I can also get spares easy, which I'm not sure with the others, and it is so easy to just wash out and change flavours within a couple minutes.

They are trying to scare us out of it in the mean time:

Watch out, e-cigarette smokers

Did they test each and every solution?
    Or just find the worst case scenario of someone who manufactured their own in a shed?

Never heard of these being referred to as medicine.

As for the 'alco pop' reference, I'd much rather my daughter to vape instead of smoke if she ever starts. Obviously I'm doing everything in my power to refrain her from even trying, but it's still a few thousand less chemicals she'd be inhaling.

Ok, thank you very much :smashin: I'll send you a pm with the details :)

I have found some wire, so I know what I'm after....

....Now to find and buy the Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescopic (though some sites call it the V4 for some reason, no idea why?)

Also decide where I want to make the order from to try and get the device, wire, another tank of some description on the same site :)

tris
  29. oska

oska Member

Ratings:
    +241
    Hope you get it all OK. It's hard sometimes getting everything you want, especially from the same vendor. Btw the video is just how to set up a mesh wick. You can use silica fine.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  30. nero0410

Ratings:
    +2,758
    I see what you mean. Looks like I'll have to use a couple different ones or three :rolleyes: Though I think I can get a fair bit all from one site.

So would the same wire I use for re wicking the protank be ok for the silica stuff that JDCFH suggested?:
    0.20 kanthal / nichrome

Or should I get something different?

What type/size of silica wick should I get?

Or would the stuff JDCFH is sending do it ok?

Thanks again for all the advice guys, this really helps :smashin:

tris

EDIT: Also how many coils would I need to do to get 2.5ohm?

People have done 4 for 1-1.5, so would it be 6-7 for 2-2.5?
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013