Dune HD emplexer plugin Artwork

Blu-rayx

Prominent Member
Reaction score
emplexer is a plugin to integrate with Plex Media Server.
The plex media server is for all platforms.

I've been using emplexer for about 2 months, even though it's still in beta, I think it's still better than DuneX for mac users.

There are new Dune HD players out soon with XBMC integrated, But sadly only for the Max & Pro. I think emplexer is a great alternative.

REMEMBER FOR EMPLEXER TO WORK, YOU HAVE TO USE PLEX MEDIA SERVER

For the Plex Media Server I use Version 0.9.6.9., because I prefer the none web version.

https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,816
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,301
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 1,331
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,351
Last edited:
NEW UPDATE 30-01-2013

Quote from newloran2

Adding new icon for emplexer
Ability to enable and disable caching (if you have trouble seeing the images simply disable the cache that everything should work).
It is now possible to add the icon emplexer in the main screen (with new icon and everything else ), just go into settings and enable the option).
Some minor bugs.

Again thank you very much tcviper, with your contribution and all who are using, reporting bugs and suggesting features, emplexer gets better.

Continue using and suggesting new features and pointing out bugs, all bugs are slowly being corrected and the features being analyzed and possibly implemented.

The link is the same as always https://github.com/newloran2/emplexer/blob/master/dune_plugin_emplexer.zip?raw=true

Last edited:
Personally I'm not impressed with the look of it. Basic and not ideal for large collections...a bit half baked imho, compared to the likes of yadis and zappiti. Still, it's good to have a choice :)

It's still very early day's. The developer said when the new advanced firmware is released for the Dune HD players, it will be more user friendly for developers to work with, including changing the UI and much more.
Yes,emplexer is basic at the moment, but the plex server that works with emplexer is very advanced. :smashin:
Give plex a test run and you will see how emplexer will function when it's completed. :)

Last edited:
I have tried emplexer today and whilst it's a good effort, it's not as slick as the likes of Zappiti and being DLNA based you can't play BD or DVD ISOs, nor can it handle HD audio for the same reason.

I love Plex's look on my Samsung TV, but for Dune there currently are better video walls IMHO.

That said it works fairly well for what it is and will surely improve further with time.

I have tried emplexer today and whilst it's a good effort, it's not as slick as the likes of Zappiti and being DLNA based you can't play BD or DVD ISOs, nor can it handle HD audio for the same reason.

I love Plex's look on my Samsung TV, but for Dune there currently are better video walls IMHO.

That said it works fairly well for what it is and will surely improve further with time.

It can play DVD ISO's, you have to change the emplexer to NFS in the settings.
emplexer also plays DTS-HD Master without issues.

From what I remember Plex is limited by Samsung's firmware.

Last edited:

Update!
I've requested ISO support for Blu-ray from the developer. It will be in the next update :)

With the next update emplexer will support:

>BLU-RAY ISO
>DVD ISO (previously supported)
>HD AUDIO (previously supported)

Looks like a backward step to me after Yadis:thumbsdow

Please respect the developers hard work, as Ive said before emplexer is still in early beta.
Rome wasn't built in a day :)

Last edited:
Hello all,

First excuse me for my english Google translatic.
I am the developer of emplexer, and I would say that I'm grateful to anyone who test :).

I like all users of Dune in principle used moviesheets, I thought and still think these very good programs, they generate the screens are very good.
Just saying some reasons that led me to create the emplexer:

Movie sheets are static in Dune: I have to reprocess when entering any new content.
Movie sheets (and Dune) do not mark if the video was seen or not: it may seem silly, but if you came with two series with over 200 episodes at once forgets where episode left off.
The Dune saves the position where the video stopped locally: if I have more than one dune is in a difficult start and finish in another (have to remember where you left off :)).
I can not see the videos on vimeo :).

All this Plex delivers very well.

It is worth mentioning that the emplexer is a young project (only 2 months), but who uses since the beginning know how much has grown, the idea is as far as possible to grow but already the project has some things that no movie sheet provides.

1) Mark a video as watched / unwatched.
2) See your video in one Dune and continue on other at same point.
3) See what has been seen.
4) Types of different views for the same area (although still not as pretty :)).
5) Dinamic content, no need to do any manual process for adding new content (even just pushing a button).

In short it is a project for a specific niche and that certainly does not appeal to everyone, but if you use remote content at Dune do to plex a chance and make a test on emplexer, it may be that you like.

Moreover any suggestion plugin is analyzed and implemented if possible.

Thanks to those who use and thanks to whom I can report any error.

awink1,

emplexer don't use DLNA emplexer use 3 methodes to read files from plex:
Http: work without any configuration but is not possible to use some formats , external subitiles is not supported (internal is) and BluRay/DVD iso is not supported.
NFS: All formats is supported and external subtitle/audios to, in current version files on diferent server of plex is not supported (in next version are) and support do Bluray iso to.
SMB: Same supports as nfs but in current version is verry buggy (works much better on next version).

Last edited:
Hi newloran2,

Thanks for your comments, apologies for thinking it was using DLNA. I did say that it was already a good effort, but still needs some work. That said that if you have achieved this after only 2 months it's fantastic!! This could be the future of the Dune video wall. As you said it's dynamic, so you don't have to export the Dune library every time you add a new film, as it'll already be there. I didn't get to try it on NFS setting, but will have a play this weekend. I don't have any MKVs with HD audio, only BD ISOs and believing that it was DLNA at the time, it would have eliminated that feature. I like that you can use video channels as that adds great value to the proposal. Keep up the great work. Well done!

@ newloran2

Welcome to AVforums!!!

I've been using emplexer from the very first release, and I can't believe how much it's improved in such a short space of time.

you're doing a great job :smashin:

Last edited:
I wasn't being disrespectful, you seemed to be comparing this Emplexer with XBMC in your first post. I have a Dune with Yadis that works fantastically but I also have a Pi with Raspxbmc on it which blows Yadis out of the water. Yadis in turn appears to me to blow Emplexer out of the water, thats all.;)

metalguru said:
I wasn't being disrespectful, you seemed to be comparing this Emplexer with XBMC in your first post. I have a Dune with Yadis that works fantastically but I also have a Pi with Raspxbmc on it which blows Yadis out of the water. Yadis in turn appears to me to blow Emplexer out of the water, thats all.;)

We have to agree to disagree.
btw I did say emplexer is in beta.

I am sorry I don't mean to be a party pooper, I really apreciate all free software and my Dune would not be half as good to play with was it not for Yadis. I take my hat off to anyone that can produce such programs.

But personally looking at the screen pics Emplexer seems very dated and bland, it may well work very well but I only want something that makes my films look awesome (before I press play lol) and Emplexer has some way to go to get to that and using the Dunes interface I don't think it can.

Sorry:blush:

I am sorry I don't mean to be a party pooper, I really apreciate all free software and my Dune would not be half as good to play with was it not for Yadis. I take my hat off to anyone that can produce such programs.

But personally looking at the screen pics Emplexer seems very dated and bland, it may well work very well but I only want something that makes my films look awesome (before I press play lol) and Emplexer has some way to go to get to that and using the Dunes interface I don't think it can.

Sorry:blush:

Hi metalguru

No need to say sorry!!!

The world would be a boring place if everyone had the same opinion!!!! :)

Have a great weekend :smashin:

Hey Guys,

I waited for this moment so long! Finally I've installed the Plex plugin on my Dune Duo HD. But I run into a small issue, perhaps you could help.
emplexer works fine I see all the folders, but once I try to enter movie folder it gives me a mistake 400 saying something in Spanish or French (problema aksesuar) or something like this.
Please suggest what to do.

Hey Guys,

I waited for this moment so long! Finally I've installed the Plex plugin on my Dune Duo HD. But I run into a small issue, perhaps you could help.
emplexer works fine I see all the folders, but once I try to enter movie folder it gives me a mistake 400 saying something in Spanish or French (problema aksesuar) or something like this.
Please suggest what to do.

This error message is in Brazilian portuguese :).

Try to disable your image cache.

Go to setup -> applications -> emplexer -> Use Cache and mark with no.

Any idea when version 2 will be ready for release?
I'll definitely try it out.
Thanks!

Any idea when version 2 will be ready for release?
I'll definitely try it out.
Thanks!

I don't know when the final version will be released, because that are my spare time project, but i will post every week at least one new beta version.
I think in a couple of weeks the 2.x version will be in a good enough state to replace the 1.x version (with the same features).
After that i'll implement some new things (like myPlex, optional transcode and better skin system).
If you try, please stay free to point me any thing wrong and suggest features.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom