Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dtv to atv

Discussion in 'Freeview Forum' started by gordo123, Jan 2, 2011.

1. gordo123

gordo123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have my samsung le32b450c4w 32" set up ok on the dtv, but my problem is sometimes it changes itself back to atv channels only, why does it do this , only happens every couple of weeks or so, rather strange and frustrating having to set it up to dtv channels all the time. anyone know of any permanent fix for this.
    many thanks in anticipation.
    gordo 123
  2. Rodders53

Rodders53 Active Member

Ratings:
    +585
    I have a 15" lcd TV 'Akura' branded that does something similar, but as it's now in the guest bedroom it doesn't bother me.

Have you checked the TV has the latest and correct Firmware? See Search results | SAMSUNG
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  3. gordo123

gordo123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes i have looked at all of that and all seems ok , what may be happening is that we are not digital ready here in henley-on-thames in oxfordshire, so maybe they are interfereing with the tv signal , do you think this is possible ? thanks
  4. Rodders53

Rodders53 Active Member

Ratings:
    +585
    What aerial are you using for the TV? It may be that sometimes reception of a 'distant out-of-area' digital transmitter is (just) adequate enough to be tuned but the TV then finds it drops below the required threshold so 'forgets' them... You then force the TV to find those weak signals again and the cycle repeats.

Check your digital reception predictions here Digital UK - Postcode checker

Crystal Palace or Hannington are the most likely sources of digital TV until switchover converts the local Henley relay.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. gordo123

gordo123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply , yep looks like you have hit the nail on the head , and i will have to wait till the changeover in 2012 before it stops.thanks for your replys
  6. Rodders53

Rodders53 Active Member

Ratings:
    +585
    Or replace/upgrade/improve the aerial system to receive the digital from CP or HAN if you can't wait :smashin: