1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DpM's Collection

Discussion in 'Collectible Figures' started by DpM, Sep 6, 2008.

1. DpM

DpM Active Member

Ratings:
    +478
    Thought I would start my own thread to add to as I build up my collection. It will never be as good as some of the collections seen on here but you have to start somewhere ;)

I won an auction last night on ebay for this chap :Dhttp://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=7310

Not the best one around I know but I just like the over all look of him, the coat etc.
    Ill be getting a display case at some point in the next few months and will post pictures in this thread when I do.

I also want to get the following (eventually)

Robocop
    An endo skeleton
    Jason Vorhees
    A Predator
    One of the Hot Toys Batmans to go with the BR Joker I have on order.
  2. chelsea.tone

chelsea.tone Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,138
    Hi m8, thats a nice Freddie. I too am i only just getting into this. I have a DC Direct Joker Statue, a Hot Toys Joker and a Sideshow PF Exclusive Hellboy II on order. I was on waitlist for that but i got lucky. You might wanna try it yourself :smashin:

Tony
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy Member

Ratings:
    +148
    Good start to the collection mate, as you said you have to start somewhere as did I, as did we all:smashin:

Like I said keep a close eye on eBay you can pick up some good not so rare figures for next to nothing in good condition, sometimes boxed as well, before you know it you will have a large collection then all you need to do is complete the lines you like by tracking down some of the rarer pieces, like I did on my Robocop Hot Toys figure.

Let me know If I can help/guide in anyway on this.

Check out www.sideshowtoy.com for reference pieces (exclusives etc) might help.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. DpM

DpM Active Member

Ratings:
    +478

I do love the clothes on the Hot Toys Joker V1 but as soon as I saw the head scuplt on V2 I knew that was the one for me.
    I do like the look of Hellboy but not a huge fan of the first film maybe the second will change my mind but ubless it does I doubt ill get one.
    Im also going to try and stick to 1/6 figures to keep everything the same size and uniform, how ever I would love a Dr Doom figure or statue and as there is no 1/6 fig of him I may have to make an allowence in that case.
  5. DpM

DpM Active Member

Ratings:
    +478
    Cheers Buff your a star :thumbsup: Im sure ill need some advice at some stage esp when im looking to get the Robo and Endo as they are hard to come by.
  6. DpM

DpM Active Member

Ratings:
    +478
    I'm planning to go and get a Detolf display case next weekend. Ill be getting the brown/black one to go with the rest of the furniture and also ill get a light to fit in it as it will be going in the place of where a lamp stands at the moment.
  7. chelsea.tone

Ratings:
    +1,138
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  8. Davieboy00

Davieboy00 Member

Ratings:
    +172
    If you into your horror stuff like me ( which by your want list you appear to be ) you should check out the 18'' figures from Neca ( the Headknockers people )
    I have a Pinhead , Jason Voorhees and a Saw avatar. Don't have the Freddy one but have seen it in the flesh. Looks pretty cool :cool:
    They go for around £35-40 new :smashin:
    Happy collecting.
  9. piros

piros Active Member

Ratings:
    +414
    Looks good, how much did it set you back? :thumbsup:

I wouldn't mind a Freddy figure, one day! :D
  10. DpM

DpM Active Member

Ratings:
    +478
    I love that one!! Seen it a few times had no idea it went for that much though :eek:

It will be a long long time before I can see myself stumping up for that. Fingers crossed someone will bring out a 1/6 before long.
  11. DpM

DpM Active Member

Ratings:
    +478
    I was never a huge horror fan as a kid but am getting into the films more now. I do and have always like the characters. The first Jason film I saw was Jason Goes To Hell and I loved it, I have been told that it is crap compared to some of the others though. I thought Freddy Vs Jason was OK could have been a fair bit better. I liked Nightmare on Elm Street. Friday the 13th is on zone horror tonight (starting now as I type!), I have it set to be sky +'ed, im looking forward to watching it for the first time. I need to keep my eye out for the others so I can see them all.
    I have 2 Neca predators, ill post the pics of them when there in the cabinet and I have managed to keep the masked one stood up! There only small though, think about 8". Ill have to check out the big boys you mention.
  12. DpM

DpM Active Member

Ratings:
    +478
    Im sure Buff will tut as he got his a fair bit cheeper (his was unboxed though I think?)
    Mine is boxed and unopened and set me back £21 inc post, not too bad for my first one and being a newbie at this game.

I just missed out on getting Jason Vorhees form Friday the 13th part 2. Brand new also it went for £11 inc post in the end, I was gutted. The :censored: bid button would not work in the last 10 seconds. Live and learn I guess. Ill use the bid assistant thing next time.
  13. chelsea.tone

Ratings:
    +1,138
    You can get the NECA Freddie, Robocop etc on amazon :smashin:
  14. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy Member

Ratings:
    +148
    Still not bad mate and its a great display figure with his long black coat.

Shame on the Jason figure but like I told you they come up pretty often and I got mine for a tenner I think.
  15. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy Member

Ratings:
    +148
    The exclusive version with chalice and podium goes for over a grand!
  16. kippax

kippax Member

Ratings:
    +2
    i got the neca robocop, terminator, freddy, jason , pinhead.

i might be gatting rid of the 3 horror ones soon, as its not a genre im that fussed about and im running out of room for my kotobukiya star wars figures.
  17. DpM

DpM Active Member

Ratings:
    +478
    Got any pics? Id like to see your collection.

Well Friday the 13th on Zone Horror was a series, so I didn't get to see the film :(
    Ill have to look out for them elsewhere, they must be on at some point soon with it nearly being that time of year.

Anyway in other news, I have ordered myself a Dr Doom of kinds, its a toy rather than a serious collectable but I like it :D

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=44484

(didn't buy it from FP)
  18. DpM

DpM Active Member

Ratings:
    +478
    Freddy has just turned up at work :D

Only had a quick look at him but he looks great. Ill get him out of the box tonight and put him on my bookshelfs until I get the Detolf sorted. Might even post a pic :cool:
  19. DpM

DpM Active Member

Ratings:
    +478
    Very happy with Freddy, some great detail. He lookes superb :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  20. chelsea.tone

Ratings:
    +1,138
    If you delete a pic from photobucket it deletes it wherever its posted too :nono:
  21. DpM

DpM Active Member

Ratings:
    +478
    Yeah I know mate, I was editing, you were to quick for me ;)

The pics were to small so I had to delete them and re-upload :smashin:
  22. cooey

cooey Active Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Good start mate, but be warned they're like bloody Pringles! Once you pop you can't stop!!
    :thumbsup:
  23. DpM

DpM Active Member

Ratings:
    +478
    :) Thanks
    Im already thinking about the next one :rotfl:
    Ill try my best to hold off a a few months :rolleyes:
  24. piros

piros Active Member

Ratings:
    +414
    Nice start, good menacing look! You won't be able to hold off a few months :D ;)

Think I'm going to have a scour see what freddy figures I can seek out now :thumbsup:
  25. DpM

DpM Active Member

Ratings:
    +478
    There are a fair few of him on ebay. Most are buy it nows @ £19.99 with around £6 postage. I managed to get one that was an actual action so it was less. Worth keeping an eye out.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  26. kippax

kippax Member

Ratings:
    +2
  27. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy Member

Ratings:
    +148
    Its a good Freddy, try and get the Origional if you can its much better.

I love the trenchcoat on that Freddy, you can give hime some great poses with it.
  28. DpM

DpM Active Member

Ratings:
    +478

He looks good, prob too big for the detolf shevling unit im getting though. Im going to stick to 1/6 I think.
  29. DpM

DpM Active Member

Ratings:
    +478
    I was thinking ill try and get the original at some point. My next one is a Jason though, I just cant decide whick one of the Sideshow ones I think is best.
    Part of me wants to get the Jason Goes To Hell one because thats the first film I saw with him and have fond memories of it. On the other hand everyone thinks the part 3 Jason is the best. I also like the look of the Final Friday Jason and the Jason X version.
    Mind you if I find any of them at a bargain price id probably crack!
  30. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy Member

Ratings:
    +148
    The best version of Jason 1/6 form is the Jason Vs Freddy, much better clothing and scuplt.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1