Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dont have full options with hd writer

Discussion in 'Camcorders & Video Editing' started by Kba11, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Kba11

Kba11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Hope someone may have the answer for me.

I had a pansonic hd camcorder for xmas and with it came HD writer software. Ive downloaded it and uploaded my footage to the pc via it, however I now want to create a dvd of the video. When I click on copy to media the only media I have available looks like disk drives, they all say no media found if I click on one.

Ive looked through the help menu and it shows that when you plug in the camcorder I should have an option to copy to disk or to pc and also when selecting copy to media I should get a copy the disk option along with SD. However I done seem to get any of the disk/dvd options.

Anyone know why Im not getting the option to copy to DVD
  2. mikethelaserman

mikethelaserman Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Different cameras have different versions of the HD Writer software. I presume that they are all similar, but that might not be the case.

On mine, to output to a DVD, the clip(s) must be first put into the editing timeline (though it is not necessary to actually edit them). Once there, you get a range of options for saving to DVD, SD card, Blueray etc.