Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anywhere take used TVs as part-exchange?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by ascender, Feb 9, 2006.

1. ascender

ascender Member

Ratings:
    +41
    I'm looking to get an LCD TV asap and it leaves me with a problem. What to do with my main TV at the moment. I could put it on eBay but am wondering if its worth it considering that it'll have to be collection only and people can be very particular when it comes to the quality of the picture that I'm concerned it might turn out to be more trouble than its worth.

So i was thinking if any of the stores will take TVs as trade-ins, even if just for a nominal fee off the purchase of a new screen?

Totally optimistic I know, but thought it was worth asking!

Cheers,

-Mike.
  2. grambles

grambles Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Don;t know of anyone who takes part exchanges but if your desperate there is always the option of somewhere that will give cash for it - ie Cash Converters etc.

Never used the above so couldn't tell you anything about it - just know that one one has sprung up in my town
  3. neilmcl

neilmcl Active Member

Ratings:
    +344
    If you just want rid why not just give it away to charity. There are plenty of places that it'll take it off your hands and collect it for you. That's assuming od course that it's not worth too much.
  4. ascender

ascender Member

Ratings:
    +41
    Yeah, I thought that might be an option too. I have a couple of Sony 32" widescreen sets I'd like to get rid of, I'm guessing they're worth £100-£200 tops now.

Actually, the more I think of it the more the charity thing appeals.
  5. northernmonkey

northernmonkey Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    stop being a wuss ;) get it on ebay.

if your old TV is in good nick, and you describe it fairly and accurately what have you got to lose with the ebay route?

i talk from recent experience having just sold my old sony 32" on ebay within the last month for over £100. i too thought about just giving it away etc but then thought may as well give it a go.

was no hassle at all, buyer was very pleasant and pleased with purchase, collected promptly, paid in cash, job done :clap: :clap: :clap:
  6. Jumblemo

Jumblemo Member

Ratings:
    +9
    You might find this surprising, but most charities (and same goes for schools) wont touch your second hand electrical equipment! Liability if the device injures someone of starts a fire is such a risk that most will turn you away.

So even if you walk into Oxfam with a 6 week old 'HoF special' Loewe they will refuse your gift!

Mad world or what?