1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodgy Sky+ Box?

Discussion in 'Sky, Sky+, Sky HD & Sky 3D' started by Bleeders, May 23, 2006.

1. Bleeders

Bleeders Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Had Sky+ for over a good year now and noticed a few problems this morning in that, the Sky+ box has taken to switching itself off after say 10 minutes or so.

Powered the box down and brought it back up again, but still the same problem?

At work at the mo' so canne' phone Sky, but anyone else had this before?
  2. Fusewire

Fusewire Member

Ratings:
    +110
    Yep, sounds like a faulty PSU, not really worth paying sky £65+ for engineer and fixing costs, when you consider how much you can get a new box for these days......

There should be a fair few really cheap boxes flying about on ebay over the next couple of weeks from all the guys who have just had HD fitted. ;)
  3. spickee

spickee Member

Ratings:
    +5
  4. Bleeders

Bleeders Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Ta' mate, will keep an eye open for a box on the 'bay.

EDIT - Ah, those ol' dogs at Sky playing with things they shouldn't again.
  5. Rich G

Rich G Member

Ratings:
    +235
    Me too, woke up this morning to find my box was on standby, turned it on and it was ok for 10mins till it reset itself, happened 4-5 times so I tryed to force an update and it changed the software no, I can't remember what the exact software no was but it changed the last digit from a to o ?

Has been working fine since.
  6. micaab

micaab Member

Ratings:
    +9
    yep me too - exactly the same
  7. neilmcl

neilmcl Member

Ratings:
    +344
    There's no "fixing" costs. Its £65 all in for visit and replacement box. I can't see you picking up another Sky+ box off ebay for less than this.
  8. dannyg81

dannyg81 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I've had an Amstrad box for about 2 months now and I've noticed that it'll switch itself on automatically... I'll come down in the morning and my box and telly will be switched on (my tv has auto sensing on it's inputs)! it's a good job my amp doesn't switch on as well or I'd get one hell of a fright in the middle of the night!! And other times I'll switch the box on and it'll be on the Sky demonstration channel?! :confused:

I can't put my finger on exactly when this all started happening... but I recently got updated to 4.01a EPG and I've a sneaking suspicion that it's connected!
  9. StiflingCobra

StiflingCobra Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same issues here. Started last night after 11. Just done a planner rebuild and will see how it goes. If it's still funked up then i'll try a forced download.

Thanks Sky not only did you not install my HD today after bumping me to next week you've funked up my Sky+ :mad:
  10. martian1

martian1 Member

Ratings:
    +41
    My box the same this morning..must have messed something up at sky..or mybe to do with the new HD system upgrades.:mad: