Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do portable DVD players with USB port play movies from usb stick ?

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by monty91, Jan 24, 2012.

1. monty91

monty91 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm a bit confused, I have tried to search other threads, but to be honest most people are talking in a language I do not understand !
    I have kidney failure, so I'm on dialysis at hospital 3 times a week for 4 hours a time. I pass the time by watching DVDs on my laptop, I also watch alot of films from USB sticks that people lend to me. My wife works from home, so could do with the laptop when I'm not there, so I said I'd buy a portable DVD player.
    I see that some DVD players have USB ports, does this mean if people have copied a film onto USB I can put it in the USB port of my DVD player and watch them ?
    My budget is restricted but if anyone can give me some direction in what to buy that would be appreciated too. Thank you.
  2. Southish

Southish Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. monty91

monty91 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that link, so will any dvd player with a usb port play movies from a usb stick ?
  4. Southish

Southish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It all depends on the DVD player... If they have Xvid & DivX they should play movies but look at the specs
  5. monty91

monty91 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What does it need to say on the specs for me to know either way ?
  6. Southish

Southish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Look at the specs in the link I posted but you are going to be paying £60+ for what you want.

7-Inch Portable DVD/DivX/XviD Player with USB and SD Card Slots : Portable DVD : Maplin Electronics