Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need to charge my Iphone for 24 hours?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kingolympics, Jun 23, 2009.

1. kingolympics

kingolympics Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Would be really grateful if anyone can help me out asap.

Just got my new Iphone, back in the day I was always told to charge new phoens for 24 hours the first time I charged it.

Does this apply to the iphone?
  2. djcla

djcla Active Member

Ratings:
    +235
    I have always done this also and I like to drain battery before charging too but not sure if it is All required sorry
  3. bigdavecox90

bigdavecox90 Member

Ratings:
    +46
    I know it does notify you when fully charged, but I usually find if you leave it on a bit longer then the battery lasts alot longer.
  4. Slackadder

Slackadder Member

Ratings:
    +82
    Left mine to charge for 16 hours as stated by bod in o2 shop......

Going to run down then fully recharge again and then after that try and recharge at circa 20%+ to make sure the battery gets a good start in life.

Anthony
  5. RobM

RobM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,185
    You really don't need to these days. Modern battery tech' doesn't require it, but it doesn't do any harm. The phone will simply stop charging when it's full so you wont gain any benefit from leaving it plugged in over night.

What I would advise is using it straight out of the box and running the battery totally dry. Then charge it fully and let it run totally dry again. Do this a couple more times and then use as normal.

Batteries get better over the first few charge cycles. But bear in mind a charge cycle of 100% can be two 50% charges (i.e. half to full) or four 25% charges (three quarters to full) or any other combination that adds up to 100% :)
  6. alan280170

alan280170 Active Member

Ratings:
    +947
    If you want to, fill your boots. :)