Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DM8000 clone

Discussion in 'Satellite TV Forum' started by Oily, May 10, 2010.

1. Oily

Oily Member

Ratings:
    +87
  2. Neophasis

Neophasis Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Expensive and not worth it, you should know that the beta testers bought the DM8000 for 650 euros and that was originals.

They make tons on these clones at £440, don't support illegal activities.
  3. Oily

Oily Member

Ratings:
    +87
    Like a moth to a flame :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. fisi

fisi Member

Ratings:
    +4
    There are plenty sites that have thus at 300£ +

But if you spend 440£ then it will be a big mistake to spend it on a clone there are lots of good receivers for that price
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Neophasis

Neophasis Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Yeah like the Vu+ DUO that is a much better receiver than DM8000.

Some people think Dreambox is the best, amateurs most often who hasn't been into the hobby for long beleives that.
  6. lovelldr

lovelldr Member

Ratings:
    +151
    What makes the vu+ duo much better than the dm8000?

From what I understand, it's actually a worse box, since there is no built in wifi, no option to add a sata dvd drive, the tuners are soldered on to the board, so not plug n play, and there's only the 2 tuners whereas the dm8000 has up to 4 tuners, with ability of mixture (i.e. dvbt, dvbs & dvbc). This is all unavailable with the vu+ duo.

However, where the vu+ duo really comes in to play, is the price compared to the dm8000. This makes it a much better option for those on a budget. However, if those on a budget are wanting all the options that a dm8000 has to offer, then a clone dm8000 at the same price of a vu+ duo sounds a very tempting idea...
  7. thfccambs

thfccambs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,390
    Personally would stay well away until I had read some feedback, as the dm800 clone had no end of problems early on. As a DM8000 owner an V+ Duo owner not on a budget the DM is far better reciver for me.
  8. lovelldr

lovelldr Member

Ratings:
    +151
    Would you like to share some of your money my way? :) hehe

Also, I spoke to one of the chinese sellers regarding the dm8000 clone, and he told me the clone isn't coming out yet ... in about 2 months time!

Can you also say why you find the dm a far better box? Certain features, images, build etc?
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
  9. Neophasis

Neophasis Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Listen, DM8000 doesn't have anything more than the Vu+ Duo has, yes it has the possibility for 4 tuners but the modular DVB-S2 tuner hasn't been available for the DM8000 since 2 years back until now when DMM released it at Anga Cable 2010, but it's not out in the retail yet.

I am so fed up with all fanboys of Dreamboxes as they are not any special at all, they are cheaply built by cheap components selling at high ridicolous prices for people less well aware of things.

Some people beleive when it says Dreambox in the front it's the best no matter what, probably DMM did well in their marketing :rolleyes:
  10. Neophasis

Neophasis Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Well, you don't even own a Vu+ Duo as otherwise what you're telling is.

Yeah and we all know on this forum that you are the biggest fanboy of Dreambox from your posts.

Stop making, it just makes you.:thumbsdow
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010
  11. lovelldr

lovelldr Member

Ratings:
    +151
    Doesn't it?! So where is the ability to add a dvd drive to vu+ duo? I haven't seen that ability on it?! Neither have I seen the fact of wireless built in to the box. Yes, you could buy a wireless usb dongle to add this on, but then you have the extra hassle of buying it, adding the drivers when updating the image, having the usb sticking out of the box, etc, etc...

And the ability of the vu+ to have 4 tuners just isn't there full stop!

But by the looks of this, you're just a Dreambox hater or Vu+ Fanboy... Either way, your postings are putting you in to exactly the same category of person as a dreambox fanboy...

I don't considerin myself a dreambox fanboy (although no doubt you probably would say I am...), but I bought my dm800 when it was the only HD linux box available on the market. I bought the box for £345 at the time. I have had almost 2 years use of the box before any linux box with the same abilities of the 800 was released.

If the vu+ was available at the same time as the dm800, dm8000 etc, then I would likely have chosen the vu+. But the fact is, that it wasn't. I don't want to deal with the hassle of selling my box then buying a vu+. Therefore, I just talk of my experience with dmm. I have also advised other people to buy a vu+ as I see it as better value for money at this moment. If this makes me a fanboy, so be it.

The way you started your post to me, I see as rude, and you just trying to shove in my face that the dreambox is rubbish, and everyone should never buy a dreambox and just buy a vu+. If I turned round in my reply starting "No, now you listen, " ... I'm sure you would have taken that as me being agressive?!

The fact of the matter is, that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. In other threads, people say that the tm600 is better than the dreamboxes. That is their opinion. In my opinion, I don't rate technomate linux boxes, as they only have support by the UR team really. Whereas dreamboxes have better support, and allow more choice of images. But, I wouldn't turn round and say to those people that they should not buy a technomate.

If you have nothing to say that's constructive, then don't post in here. You're welcome by all means to say "I'd recommend people give this a miss and buy a vu+ because .........", then that's perfectly fine. You're letting people have an informed decision on why you think they should not buy a dreambox, rather than just shouting "they're rubbish, bad quality, etc etc".

Oh, so because he's giving his opinion, it's a big lie is it?! This, again is just another example of what I've posted above, about you just trying to tell everyone that dream is rubbish. Why is he telling a big lie?
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
  12. thfccambs

Ratings:
    +2,390
    :rotfl: Read through the V+Duo thread you i brought one after having a play with a friends, had one months. Just because i don't try and stuff it down everyones throat like yourself doesn't mean i don't own it. :rotfl:

A few know me on here from other sites and will hopefully vouch for me, far from a DM fanboy but a sat enthusiast. :suicide:

If you read my post you your see at the end,DM is far better reciver for me as i need 4 tuners,

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010
  13. Member 354643

Member 354643 New Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Just to pick up on what you have said Jeff the box is quite a good box for the money like you said, I thought it was ok when i was there ( I installed his new dish for him), I personally like my dm8000 as I use all 4 tuners:D.

Jeff your not a liar you just dont hate on any boxs like this SAD SAD MAN
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
  14. Member 354643

Member 354643 New Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Im Sure you have been warned for DM Bashing on this forum by the mods.

Your not big your not clever and your not making any more friends AGAIN!:thumbsdow
  15. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,477
    All posters to this thread - read the Rules and stick to them.
    Infractions and barrings are pending..
  16. Member 354643

Member 354643 New Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Sorry Boss:D
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. thfccambs

Ratings:
    +2,390
    Mate if you read another one of his post he says the dm80000 doesn't, do 4 tuners. Lol. Shows what he really knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Neophasis

Neophasis Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Dream presents new HDTV boxes | dream-multimedia-tv.de

Appropriately, Dream will be presenting, for the first time, a plug-in DVB-S2 tuner module that can also be used in conjunction with the DM8000HD PVR.

DM8000 never actually supported any DVB-S2 tuner until now officially.
  19. Member 354643

Member 354643 New Member

Ratings:
    +95
    I have had my tuners in my dm8000 for nearly a year??????? what are you on about?
  20. thfccambs

Ratings:
    +2,390
    http://dreamboxshop.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=59
    DreamBox DM8000 DM800 DM500 HD DM600 VU+ Duo Linux Digital Receiver

You still saying you can't get DVB-S2 :facepalm:

Like i said, my DM8000 HAS 4 (yes 4~) tuners in it, which for me was the reason i brought it.:hiya:
  21. Neophasis

Neophasis Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Well, you can call DMM in Germany and ask, they never supported the DVB-S2 modules for DM8K before Anga 2010.

If you read the press release one more time you might get what they are writing?

There has been compatibility problems with the previous DVB-S2 modules for DM8K but DMM said they will not support any warranty issues if something break down.

I am not the only one knowing this, there are even emails from DMM stating this on other forums not posted by me of course.
  22. thfccambs

Ratings:
    +2,390
    Couldn't give a what DM say, you called me and other's on this forum liar's as we said we have more then 2 tuners in our DM8000, you was wrong. :D
    Go crawl back under the stone you come from.:hiya:
  23. Super Andy H

Super Andy H Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Gotta be honest I am a Dreambox fanboy. Because I have found them to be the best.

Everyone gets excited by new linux based boxes like the AZ or whatever it was called. They buy them. Find there is nowhere near the support DM's have, and sell them at a big loss. My DM500 Clone cost me £40. I am not using it at the moment. But should I decide I need a second box, it's there for me. I've never had a problem with it, and it's 100% stable.

I would definately buy a DM8000 clone, if the feedback is good. But probably at a price closer to £300. I will wait until then, as there is no rush.

The V+Duo looks promising, but I have seen to many pretenders to the DM crown, to blindly buy. The support for these new boxes tends to disappear rather quickly.
  24. happysatellite

happysatellite Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i talked to dreamboxshop in surrey they said the dm8000 comes with 2 dvb-s2 tuners that are with the box They also said if you will like fill the other slots with tuners then they sell alps dvb-s2 tuner for plug and play they said that they have been supplied the dvb-s2 tuners from dream- multimedia de and if any thing goes wrong you can still return the box.
  25. Neophasis

Neophasis Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Nice first post, maybe you should read before you write?

Anyway here is the mail from DMM 4 months ago about dvb-s2 tuner for DM8k.

Dear sir,

No, the current Alps dvb-s2 tuner for the dm800 are not specified for the dm8000, there are some long term electrical issues.

Indeed there will be new dvb-s2 tuner soon escpecially for the dm8000.

There has been some issues during the development of the tuner for dm8000. A testing period has shown us some errors which have had to fixed. This is one of the main reasons why the release was shifted!

I'm really sorry, but unfortuntaley we don't have a date for this yet. I think the DVB-S2 tuner will be available in this summer on Anga 2010.
    I can only ask you for patience. Thanks for your understanding.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, with kind regards
    Michael Schöller
    Dreambox - Support

Tel.: +49 (0)180-368 43 99 -777
  26. thfccambs

Ratings:
    +2,390
    Neophasis, are you thick? You called me a liar, as i said me and others had DM8K with 4 tuners in ?

Mine has 2 extra Alps BSB2E DVB-S2 tuners in it.

So when your ready to apologize please do, then we will leave it at that. ;)
  27. Member 354643

Member 354643 New Member

Ratings:
    +95
    He is only on here to wind people up with his dreambox bashing mate just ignore him, or should i say ill ignore him because remember he said we were the same person lol HELMET! :D
  28. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,477
    A long time since I heard it called that.:D
  29. PAUL7331

PAUL7331 Member

Ratings:
    +43
    £440 for a CLONE? :rolleyes:

If your spending that much money you must be buying original equipment. Stay clear!
  30. Oily

Oily Member

Ratings:
    +87
    Have you seen how much the originals are?