DLNA problem on LG LE 8500

mengroup

Standard Member
Reaction score
I sometimes use DLNA to stream musics from my pc to my lg le 8500, and i found out each time after several songs played it will automatically switch back to tv mode and displayed "network disconnected". I use wifi doggle for internet on my tv, and i previously use the nero media home as DNLA server, but changed to use WMP 12 after (but the same problem still exist)

Any suggestions?:lease:

From a post by NX3:

Nero and WMP aren't very good imo. You can get apps like Serviio which are free, easy to setup and just work.

Serviio DLNA media server

They can transcode if needed to your playback device and picture quality will be better than WMP. You can also get PMS (free) and Mezzmo (pay for) which are good.

Try changing to one of the above as a DLNA server, may fix the issue.

Hi, I started a thread about a similar problem on my LG 42LE4900 http://www.avforums.com/forums/lg-forum/1470858-lg-le24900-dlna-streaming.html
but noone bothered to reply... Its definetely not a wifi problem as I also thought originally, since I have connected my LG by wire and the problem still persists. It seems that most LG owners are not aware of this problem as they dont use/dont have a clue what is DLNA, my opinion about that is that LG has still to master that technology so far its a complete FAIL!

I too have been having issues with DLNA steaming.
I have tried wired and wireless - I get disconnects as well as TV freeze (in which I have to power off / on to recover)

I have tried (on Win 7) windows media, Nero, PLex, Twonky - all fail.
I have tried on XP Nero, twonky - fail.
I steam wireless to WD TV Live - all works perfect.
I have isolated the TV to be at fault. DLNA on the TV has many bugs.
Steaming Pictures and Music freezez my TV. Slideshow in pictures dose not work. Steaming movies at some point dropps me out back to TV mode.

As well as MKV playback issues I have - LG seems to have rushed this product to market. Can we have a response from an LG rep. My TV is an LW series.

I used to have the same problem when streaming videos from my laptop to 42LV375S through DLNA using Nero and Windows XP.
I went to "Power Settings" and I found that after 5 minutes of inactivity screen was powering off and later, after 30 minutes, Disk was going off also, and at that moment DLNA disconnects...
I changed that to 3 hours and i have not been disconnected for the whole movie anymore. For some reason DLNA server is not considered as activity so energy saving centinel will stop the server.
I dont know if this only applies for laptops and/or Nero, but you could try and then tell us

This isn't a hijack, but we are having the same problem with our new 55lw6500. We can stream media through DLNA for between 30-90 minutes and then the TV suddenly disconnects all DLNA devices, and has to be restarted to pick them up again. All other network functions on the TV are fine, and the network itself is completely stable. Why would the TV just diconnect itself? Is there a solution?

........ but you could try and then tell us

I tested using 2 different builds - XP and Win 7.
I tested streaming to WD Live media player - works perfect. Streming to the TV - FAIL!

Since my first post though, I have had 2 firmware updates. I'm on 4.02.07 now and need to re-test.

I'm not holding my breath though. Like the poster above, my wireless drops in / out, works , dosnt work.....and now after the latest update, I get messages saying I have a weak signal. I've tested this aswell BTW....No fault found on my wireless network.....

So I contacted LG in Australia, and they said no one had lodged a complaint with them about this issue before. They basically told me they can't guarantee or help me with DLNA problems if I'm not using the provided Nero DLNA server that comes with the TV on a disk. Since I'm connecting to a NAS, I can't install Nero on there. I think I may have to go back to using the WDTV live.

So I contacted LG in Australia, and they said no one had lodged a complaint with them about this issue before. They basically told me they can't guarantee or help me with DLNA problems if I'm not using the provided Nero DLNA server that comes with the TV on a disk. Since I'm connecting to a NAS, I can't install Nero on there. I think I may have to go back to using the WDTV live.

yea that suck cause if the TV is certified DLNA compliant and your NAS or server is using DLNA compliant software then it should work regardless of Nero....... Is this not why they certify their TV as DLNA compliant in the frst place...... for compatibility?!?

You would think so, and that's what I told the rep. In another thread here called "LG Smart TV Networking and DLNA Servers" and LG rep is posting some ideas for fixing the issue, but so far they only pertain to using Nero MediaHome as your server.

i have the same problem with my LE8500. here is what i did/do to fix this. just keep a usb stick in the usb port on the TV. on the TV remote click menue/my media/ and let it browse to the USB stick. click the red button to change device. now click the blue button to search for devices. your NAS should now show up. if i keep the USB stick in everything keeps running fine. if i pull it out it will drop the connection with the NAS after a while. i know its a cheap fix, but untill LG gets off their butt and give us a firmware fix this is what we are left with. i also want to ask LG where are pandora and hulu widgets are?

I have completely lost faith in LG on this matter, no more buys from them for me and also I will make it a point to urge my friends and acquaintances not to buy their products for I find it hard to conceive that a TV certified DLNA would only work with a particular software (Nero)!!! Mind you I invested in a NAS for the sole reason of doing streaming to my TV. I'll be on annual leave in the coming days and will take time to investigate on which ground a product is branded DLNA , LG is bringing a bad reputation to the DLNA organisation - they should not be allowed to have that logo branded on their products, it is deception. I will constitute a facebook page - to all of you fed up with this situation please provide the model of your TV so I can build up a list, its time to expose that fraudery to the watchdogs!

I have tried it with the Nero DLNA server software supplied with the TV.
Also with the Plex software mentioned in the manual for my TV.
Makes no difference. The TV loses its connection to the DLNA server, so no matter what software is running, it ain't going to work if the the TV cannot see the server.

Hi, I'm having the same problem.

I have a DLNA server and after 20-25 minutes the Tv disconects the streaming and returns to normal.

After that it does not find the DLNA server in the network-

My tv is 47LV375S.

Anyone have any suggestions to solve this problem'

Thanks.

André Lobo

I have 42LV3730 LED TV and the DLNA drops out as well after 10minutes during movie play. LG TVs are crap! I noticed somehow that the TVs "input list" could not hold the dlna signal from the server. It shows the dlna signal upon turn-on, but, drops it out after 10minutes as well! Unlike my other TV which is Samsung holds the signal from my dlna server forever. Guys! don't buy LG TVs... bad company! If this is software problem, they have to fix this, pronto! but if this is hardware problem... then this needs warranty claim.

I was told by LG that 2012 adobe flash wont be retro upgradable to 2011 sets......but Ive found the perfect solution to all comms problems for £4 !!!! :clap:Ive read all the supposed SMART Tv threads and blogs till my eyeballs were out on sticks and my brain cells scrambled; called LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic and been run ragged and lied to. (not to mention lost sleep, got a headache and run up a huge phone bill on premium numbers).

The solution is to use the TV as a TV/monitor....use your computer to surf. Buy HDMI cable, stuff it in and you've got it all......full internet/downloads/dvd player/music/photos etc etc and all displayed on 46" screen (can even do fake 3D!). Even full YouTube and Apple music/videos...
Bloggards to all this wifi/DNLA crap. Keep it simple.
Or did I miss something?
Alan

Last edited:
I was told by LG that 2012 adobe flash wont be retro upgradable to 2011 sets......but Ive found the perfect solution to all comms problems for £4 !!!! :clap:Ive read all the supposed SMART Tv threads and blogs till my eyeballs were out on sticks and my brain cells scrambled; called LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic and been run ragged and lied to. (not to mention lost sleep, got a headache and run up a huge phone bill on premium numbers).

The solution is to use the TV as a TV/monitor....use your computer to surf. Buy HDMI cable, stuff it in and you've got it all......full internet/downloads/dvd player/music/photos etc etc and all displayed on 46" screen (can even do fake 3D!). Even full YouTube and Apple music/videos...
Bloggards to all this wifi/DNLA crap. Keep it simple.
Or did I miss something?
Alan

My TV is in a different room.:facepalm:

So you have choices....... ulcers, a v long HDMI cable or buy a cheap 3 yr old second computer with an HD graphic card:clap:

As I used this forum to find a solution on why my LG just did not want to show active DNLA (or only for a short time, and then stopping without any reason) even though I tried many different DNLA servers, I want to contribute by letting you know how I have solved the problem for good. Having said this, I do think that LG should put a lot more effort into making DNLA work properly on their TVs and particularly keep fully in line with the industry standard. The solution is therefore one "despite LG" and not "thanks to" LG.
My solution (and it works reliably and really well):
I bought a new wireless router which has a media server built-in (in my case a TP-Link WRD4300 dual, but as long as you look for a router which has written on the outside of the box that it contains a DNLA-server or a media-server, you should be fine). The router has 2 USB-ports. In the first I put an empty USB stick and turned the media-server on (in the UI of the router). As of that moment, the LG, which is connected to the router via TCP-cable, - without any hesitation - shows the DNLA-icon in the menu. Voila! I then connected my media player (containing media files) to the second USB slot. The LG TV immediately recognised the media player as well and showed all files. Using the TV-remote I can now select the files and play them. No stops, no jitter. Only strange thing: if I leave out the empty USB-stick and just plug in the media player, the LG does not show the DNLA icon. I tried both USB-ports. I do not know why this is, it just is..
Anyhow, it cost me a new router, but at least now everything is working fine, with the added benefit of being able to watch the media files also wireless on my android tablet and using the tablet as a remot control to get the TV to show the media files on TV.
So, no Nero MediaHome (which I also tried), no Serviio, no Plex and many of the other applications. I am sure they work well with many TV brands, but Nero, Plex and Serviio worked only on/off with the TV (often no DNLA icon) and the rest just didn't work. I do not know why LG wants to push people toward Plex, but particularly if you also want to stream media from your tablet to the TV (and yes: I tried the licenced version of Plex for Android too), I prefer my solution via the wireless router.

Trigonos

Thanks for bothering to get back trigonos and v glad you sussed it. Now pity my problem.
My digital TV signal keeps breaking up and going to black for a few seconds every 20ish minutes. Thought it was a dodgy tv so got it replaced. No luck. Changed the 3d HDD player..... nope. Brought in 2 aerial engineers. Changed the aerial and cable and bingo. Well bingo for 24hrs, then back to black. (No refund of course)
It turns out that my home is 6 miles from Heathrow and on 1 out of 3 days its directly under the flight path. Going to black is worst on those days. But its not even every plane. Certain planes (not all) apparently transmit a missile jamming signal (mostly US and Isreali) and it interferes with my 3 meter hdmi cable. I dont think anyone makes a screened HDMI so Im stuffed.
Unless someone here has any ideas.
Regards

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom