1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dLAN® 200 AV cannot connect using Cockpit software

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by compact, Dec 11, 2011.

1. compact

compact Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the dLAN® 200 AV Wirless N starter kit from PC World as half price the other day.
    I've managed to set it up so surfing away wireless and wired.

However I want to connect to it and change the SSID, update Firmware etc.

I downloaded the dLAN Cockpit software from http://www.devolo.co.uk/consumer/77_dlan-200-av-wireless-n_starter-kit_downloads_7.html?l=en

But when I connect up to the wireless adapter using a cable, the Cockpit cannot see the adapter 'No Local dLan device found'.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Cheers
  2. compact

compact Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Apologises, have eventually found the answer hidden here.
    Connect to router, View attached devices
    Use IP number of dLAN in browser.

Though still doesn't answer why Cockpit can't see it....
  3. ipete

ipete Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine works OK to connect my internet enabled TV to my router via the mains. Streams You tube fine. It required no setup for this just plug and play. But now I want to turn on the WiFi to give Wifi in TV room away from my router but can't figure out how to turn it on and set the SSID and Password. The cockpit software returns the message "No DLAN device found." How do I get round this? Do you need to connect the WiFi socket directly to the PC or directly to the router rather than across the mains? At the moment I have 2 plugs, one connected to the router and plugged into the mains, the other (the Wifi extender plug with 3 LAN sockets) is at the far end of the house with my internet TV LAN plugged in. Anyone got one to work?
  4. beerhunter

beerhunter Member

Ratings:
    +759
    The manual implies that you connect a PC directly to the device rather than via a router.
  5. compact

compact Member

Ratings:
    +0

Hi, as said below, I couldn't use cockpit when connected to the wireless plug (it didn't find the device).
    So I when noto my router admin page, got the IP number
    Using the IP number I connected to the main Devolo using IE, this brought up the Devolo admin page where I could set the SSID, network etc
  6. beerhunter

beerhunter Member

Ratings:
    +759
    It sounds like you should be writing their manuals. :D
  7. tarquincat

tarquincat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "So I when noto my router admin page, got the IP number
    Using the IP number I connected to the main Devolo using IE, this brought up the Devolo admin page where I could set the SSID, network etc"

How do I do this ?
    I have connected to my router via 192.168.0.1, How do I now connect to main Devolo using IE to get to the admin page ?
  8. tarquincat

tarquincat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, have now got to the admin page of Devolo device, but I cannot work out how to connect wirelessly to device, i.e. how do I get to put the SID in ?