DIY: Sony BDP-S360 Region Free Using Harmony remote, programmed manually

I tried the BDP-360 remote 'hack' with a Logitech Harmony 1000 remote and had no luck :(

Hi, I'm struggling with this process, perhaps someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I get to this stage no problems:

Now go to logitechs online webinterface and login using your harmony account created earlier:

http://members.harmonyremote.com
(If it says it found a software update, just click next...)

When I log in it lists the 5 DVD players I created in the earlier stage. But it goes wrong at this next stage:

Now go to the "Secret" Infrared page:
Logitech® Harmony® Member Web (members.HarmonyRemote.com)

Click the "Select an active device" link, and select "Dvd"
Click the "Manual" button
When I hit Select an Active Device I get the following blank screen

logitechh.jpg

Note the top right corner says "Welcome <blank>" Not sure if the problem is that it doesn't keep me logged in when I swap from http://members.harmonyremote.com to Logitech® Harmony® Member Web (members.HarmonyRemote.com)

Maybe something else is up, but if I carry on with the instructions it doesn't let me name or save the first IR code.

Help!?

Ok, I got it working now. The key was to create 5 different DVD models in the first stage, otherwise the Logitech software combines them into 1 device and you don't get the option to assign codes to different devices. I just created 5 different Sony DVD models (S350, S360, S370, S760, S550). Then the rest of the instructions worked ok.

Sweeeet! I gotta multiregion DVD player :clap:

Ok, I got it working now. The key was to create 5 different DVD models in the first stage, otherwise the Logitech software combines them into 1 device and you don't get the option to assign codes to different devices. I just created 5 different Sony DVD models (S350, S360, S370, S760, S550). Then the rest of the instructions worked ok.

Sweeeet! I gotta multiregion DVD player :clap:
You don't need to choose 5 different models, as I wrote in the original post:
gertsen said:
Make sure you finish adding each player one at a time, instead of adding all 5 in one go.
If you add all 5 players in one go, the program will change it into one single composite device, and that will not work for this purpose.

Ok, my bad.

But for people who want to add all 5 at once, just use different model numbers.

Worked for me for my new S370 ... only one small caveat, I had to send each code manually from the device page on the remote ... probably due to my IR repeaters but it worked in the end :)

For some reason I'm trying the shorter version (one activity/device) and the codes keep over writing them selves, therefore I'm going to try the original 5 device method.....Which worked, although I just used my normal account in the end.

Blu Ray Player Model was Sony BDP-S570. Cheers to the OP :smashin:

Last edited:
Worked on my BDP-S370 and I used the 5 DVD version of the hack and a Harmony 885. Thanks a heap for your help gertsen!! You are most excellent!! :)

Last edited:
Thanks gertsen - your steps worked on a Sony DAV-IS10 with a Harmony 895 remote!

(btw I didn't need to unplug (no flashing blue light anyway), but it was important to power down the device using the original remote after using the hack on the Harmony)

Hi I tried to hack DAV-IS10 (bought in USA) using Harmony 510, but it did not work.

Do you know why?:confused:

Hey Gersten,

Hi I tried to hack DAV-IS10 (bought in USA) using Harmony 510, but it did not work.

I could not find a dvd player in device dropdown and hence chose "Sony Mini System (DVD, CD, Radio)".

It went well until i added all 5 players to General Activity as you mentioned, but I was asked to select an input for each player and chose "I don't need to set the input on my Sony Mini System (DVD, CD, Radio)" for all players.

I was able to create hack1 to hack5 and assign them to respective players as well. When I turned devices on and pressed General Activity, remote blinked only for 2 - 3 seconds and displayed sucess message.

But when i inserted dvd, it gave me a message Cannot play
Playback prohibited by Area limitations.

so it did not work for me.

Can anyone help?

Hey Gersten,

I could not find a dvd player in device dropdown and hence chose "Sony Mini System (DVD, CD, Radio)".

It went well until i added all 5 players to General Activity as you mentioned, but I was asked to select an input for each player and chose "I don't need to set the input on my Sony Mini System (DVD, CD, Radio)" for all players.

I was able to create hack1 to hack5 and assign them to respective players as well. When I turned devices on and pressed General Activity, remote blinked only for 2 - 3 seconds and displayed sucess message.

But when i inserted dvd, it gave me a message Cannot play
Playback prohibited by Area limitations.

so it did not work for me.

Can anyone help?

AFAIK the hack codes ONLY work for PAL players....

Jim

Many thanks gertsen, picked up a 525 from Richer Sounds yesterday, followed the instructions and my BDP-S370 is now region free. Took around 20 minutes to pop everthing in, but well worth the effort....cheers :D

Well I registered just to say thank you. I have a Sony BDP-S570 just purchased this week from Amazon and have had a Harmony 525 for a few years now. I followed the instructions (original 5 dvd instances - I couldn't get the computer one to work) and BAM multi-region joy ensued.

I will have one happy son in the morning who can watch Finding Nemo again after Daddy sold the DVD player to get a blu-ray that didn't play all the DVDs.

This is a great forum. Cheers :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just another confirmation that this technique has worked successfully on a Sony S350, S370 and S570 (no, I don't know why I've bought three Blu-Ray players in the space of a year).

Worked on My Sony BDP-S350 & BDP-S370 using Harmony 555 remote.

Worked on my BDP-S370 using a Harmony 555. When trying to run the sequence as a Macro the remote appeared to spit it out in one go with no delays and all that happened was that the player turned off. Following a previous suggestion I tried using sending the code manually be selecting one device at a time and then the Hack softkey. Worked fine.

Last edited:
Many Many thanks! I used this process together with codes for Panasonic DMP-BD65 (which requires 10 devices instead of 5) and that worked a charm... the second time. ;)
Firt try didn't work. 2nd try I left the tray open as I'd read that for some other players. I also waited longer after it was done before doing anything else. It eventually went back to the menu where I'd left it before I tried a DVD.

The codes were here:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-dvd-players/885440-blu-ray-player-multi-region-hex-codes.html

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom