Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Display driver for pc using 42" Viera

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Dade, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Dade

Dade Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Im about to get my Panny TH42PE30 and wondered if anyone could tell me the best settings I can use to hook a PC up to the front VGA.

Is there is a special display driver I can get for this and what res is best? Will if be very clear to read text on screen?
  2. Digger

Digger Active Member

Ratings:
    +216
    Well Dade... i am new to this scenario myself...i have not even got my pw6 yet that i am hankering after... but anyway someone will soon pipe up and suggest that you get (download) Powerstrip...http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm... i have downloaded it myself to have a look at... i am sure it will do the job and give you a nice sharp image on your Panny... now you know to do a forum search on Powerstrip and see what others have done...presumably to get your graphics card to match the res of the Panny... not sure about pixel timings etc... your search should give you some clues

Good Luck
    Dave
  3. Just call me Al

Just call me Al Member

Ratings:
    +132
    I have the 37" Panasonic Plasma & use the VGA for movies etc from my laptop & the quality is pin sharp.
  4. Dade

Dade Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    D2V2D - What settings are you using on your laptop?
  5. Flystar

Flystar Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I have my PC connected to my Panny Viera (42") via VGA cable and have my PC display driver output 1280 x 720 pixel resolution. I reckon this is the best quality picture as the Panny accepts HD signals through VGA/PC port in 720p format. Occasional lines of text are a tad bit blurry when reading small fonts though. See the following link :-

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158776

PS. You don't need powerstrip or similar if you have a decentish graphics card that supports this resolution.

Fly