Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Source on old Phillips TV

Discussion in 'TVs' started by GeorgeBaker, Apr 9, 2012.

1. GeorgeBaker

GeorgeBaker New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone,

I have an old Philips MatchLine TV - 36PW9765/12R and there is one interesting thing. According to the manual there is a option to connect "digital equipment" such as DVD player or digital tuner with a eurocable to one of the SCART connectors (EXT1, EXT2, EXT3 or EXT4) or with a cinch cable to the VIDEO input at the right side of TV (FRONT) and set that source as "Digital source" in TV installation menu.

Now I wonder what kind of digital format it is using. I tried to connect component (YPrPb) signal to the SCART connector through adapter but it didnt work.

I am certain that this is some kind of digital picture format, it is mentioned in the manual and digital audio has a separate input.

TV has only four SCARTs, one S-Video and one Composite input.

Thanks for advice.
  2. redaprilia

redaprilia Member

Ratings:
    +90
    Wow that was one monster TV ( Heavy ) in its day . The Digital label is just that a label that you can assign to a input . Your TV cant understand YPrPB its got to RGB ( best ) , s,vhs ( OK ish ) or composite ( Mediocre ) The TV might have switched is some processing but from memory it did not change the picture .

Most of the 28" & 32" models of your TV are in landfill now due to the Philips tube they were fitted with but the 36" model had a Panasonic tube and that was durable . How long do you intend to run your TV for ?
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012