Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Play & Help Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Action & Adventure Games' started by Lurking Lawyer, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Covert Recon

Covert Recon Active Member

Ratings:
    +546
    My own style up to a point was for non-lethal takedowns. While in a Detroit alleyway I accidentally hit RB and deployed a concussion grenade among a group of street punks though. They weren't pleased and once they could see again they drew all their guns.

I saw no option but to use lethal force. The silenced pistol came out. :devil:

Half a dozen whispered headshots later, the alley was nice and quiet again.:D

The very definition of 'collateral damage'. Besides, there's a much greater overall scheme at stake that made their lives insignificant and a worthwhile sacrifice!
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  2. MrTayto

MrTayto Member

Ratings:
    +24
    I need a silencer. Any idea where I'd get one? The smarmy White-suited in the petrol station never has any good stuff. Good place to offload picked up shotguns for cash though.
  3. TEVEZ032

TEVEZ032 New Member

Ratings:
    +95
    I fitted a silencer to my assault rifle, but it seem just as loud as without? Maybe I need to manually switch it on and off or something.. will check later.

The L.I.M.B clinic has some stuff and there's another dealer I found *spoiler*
    Near the security guards work place. You need to go up the external fire escape about 3 or 4 floors, get in the window and the dealer is in the room where some guy is standing outside the door

I accidentally killed him after I broke into his bedroom, so not sure if I can use it again? :D
  4. Hors1na

Hors1na Active Member

Ratings:
    +360
    I accidentally threw a concussion grenade in the room with the hostages at the beginning whilst trying to holster my gun. I ended up looting their bodies instead :) How does the shooting feel for people? Head shots are satisfying and I like the way people collapse if you shoot them in the kneecaps. Really looking forward to getting home and playing this.
  5. Covert Recon

Ratings:
    +546
    Can't recall where I picked up my silencer now, but I remember I didn't buy it. It was probably in someone's hackable safe/storage locker, at a guess. Also, from what some of you are saying, you've got a tranq gun which I've never had. Like I say, this game's different for everyone as we find things others don't and complete missions in our own styles.

Hadn't occured to me to pick up a shotgun at a time and sell them one by one. Just been picking up all weapons as-and-when for their ammo. Probably not a shrewd move in hindsight.

I also stuffed up the secondary objective for one of the cops by massacreing an entire gang. Once I 'accidentally' killed one, the objective was lost so it seemed prudent to do them all!

The SMG with laser sight works wonders if you fire bursts that begin in their mid-section. The kickback creates a bullet-trail from belly button to forehead. :devil:
  6. Covert Recon

Ratings:
    +546
    I lost my bank holiday weekend to it! Good thing my only social plan got cancelled due to illness. I swear I only moved from the sofa when I really had to.
  7. TEVEZ032

TEVEZ032 New Member

Ratings:
    +95
    better than me.. I never even found the hostages lol :blush:
  8. Guns_LotsOfGuns

Guns_LotsOfGuns Moderator/Games Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,477
    I also lost my bank holiday weekend mostly to this game, as someone who doesnt play splinter cell or the other "stealth" games i have to say it wasnt easy to get into.

The first few hours were actually quite frustrating until I unlocked some stealth augs.

Usually I hate tutorials but I could have done with one to get a feel of the game mechanics.

Also after getting to grips with it now, i think the opening sequence was all wrong they shoved an assault rifle in your hand and it was a corridor shooter, imo it should have been all about teaching people how the stealth works, since everyone knows how to shoot dudes.

That said i really am in love with this game; I think even though you can shoot your way through you probably shouldnt, there are so many rewards for stealth and its far more enjoyable I find, plus I don't think it actually plays very well as a shooter, may be with all the aug for smaller reticles and better aiming it would improve, maybe just like the stealth it will just get better the more you upgrade.

Ill definatly have another playthrough run and gun though.

You get one for your pistol as a reward for for completing
    Tim Caravella's
    side mission
  9. MrTayto

MrTayto Member

Ratings:
    +24
    I got a laser aiming module for that. Which I wished I'd kept for the AR sitting on my apartment table...
  10. Covert Recon

Ratings:
    +546
    I guess here's where multiple save comes in handy.

I too know nothing of hostages to be saved in the prologue!? I also did stealth takedowns or taser shots on every single Purity First member in the first mission. Got my 'Ghost' cheevo as my first one.

There are video tutorials, but it never beats hands-on experience.
  11. CJPowers81

CJPowers81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +796
  12. Hors1na

Hors1na Active Member

Ratings:
    +360
    Sorry it wasn't in the prologue, it was the first mission where the hostages were.
  13. DeAdSoUls

DeAdSoUls Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Just completed it. :smashin:
  14. $weetFA

$weetFA Member

Ratings:
    +132
    I've not touched any of the stealth Aug's yet. :eek:) and I'm a fair way in to the game.
    It definitely grows on you, it has on a mate of mine who said on Friday this games poo. Now he wants me to hurry and finish it so he can take it. Lol.
    Just found my first lazer rifle.
  15. Hors1na

Hors1na Active Member

Ratings:
    +360
    God damn it. Just done my first side quest, got into the apartment, found the info, walk outside and there's a bloke standing there, scared the **** out of me, so my first reaction is pull the trigger! DAMN IT! Now all his little gangster mates keep shooting me!
  16. darklight

darklight Member

Ratings:
    +69
    Anyone know how to start the Tong Mission from the Augmented edition? I'm just about to leave the China level to go on the shuttle but I can't seem to find this mission. I know it's in Hegusha Gardens (think that's how you spell it:confused:) somewhere so any help would be apprecaited:thumbsup:

PS. I've got through the whole game sofar not killing anyone apart from the prologue but from reading above it looks like the prologue counted:suicide:. I blasted away with the machine gun as I couldn't seem to activate the takedown (was it even available in the prologue?)...CRAP
  17. Jimster71

Jimster71 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,879
    I thought the takedowns were part of the augmentation, since they use battery power. That would mean they weren't available in the prologue. Was it possible to sneak/run past everyone?
  18. Noggleboggleman

Noggleboggleman Active Member

Ratings:
    +296
    What a game: definitely worthy of the Deus Ex name.

3am finish for me last night after 5 hours of straight gameplay. I'm playing stealthily, but use my guns if I need to. I'm also getting used to the hacking, especially as I've upgraded that area quite a lot.
  19. CJPowers81

CJPowers81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +796
    The Tong rescue mission is in China the second time you go there, I think. Are you about to leave China for a second time?
  20. $weetFA

$weetFA Member

Ratings:
    +132
    Dose this help.
    shanghai main and side quest question - Xbox360Achievements.org
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  21. Beximus

Beximus Member

Ratings:
    +239
    Apparently so. I've been getting round it by aiming at their backsides :D

Loving the game so far, it's absolutely fantastic. I got the hacking from the beginning, but haven't had to use it all that often so far anyway. I started off going with the all stealth option, but once I realised that me killing people in the prologue counted against my achievement, I gave up and modded up my guns. I'll do a full stealth for the next playthrough on hard.

One question - when I've got my tranq rifle out, I've got an option to activate with X. What does that do?
  22. TEVEZ032

TEVEZ032 New Member

Ratings:
    +95
    It activates whatever manual mod you have applied to it. My shotgun has a manual 'double' shot mode that is toggled by holding the X button. Twice the stopping power :D
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  23. CJPowers81

CJPowers81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +796
    A bit of a tip for anyone who's on the last mission. Make sure you complete the secondary objectives which is to talk to David Sarif and Bill Taggart. This will enable you to see all the 4 different endings.
  24. darklight

darklight Member

Ratings:
    +69
    No. I've just finished the tower mission and have landed in Montreal. Haven't got back to China yet.
  25. MrTayto

MrTayto Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Phew. Just had an hour on it before the wee one goes to bed, and I thought fighting gang-bangers/purity first was tense?!

Can someone tell me if tranqs work on soldiers, apart from headshots? I've been trying to shoot them as usual, but the first dart never does any good.

Gave up on being a kind-hearted soul with the bangers, went loud on them and it felt good. These weapons as great!
  26. Lurking Lawyer

Lurking Lawyer Active Member

Ratings:
    +994
    Bugger me! The second boss battle was a complete PITA. I ended up having to turn it down to Easy after half an hour of continual deaths......
  27. DeAdSoUls

DeAdSoUls Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Just use a couple of Typhoons on the bosses lol. Easy!:smashin:
  28. darklight

darklight Member

Ratings:
    +69
    They do work on the soldiers. I found that I would usually have to shoot them twice (on the torso) before they went down although I wouldn't swear to that as I'm sure some fell after the first hit. Hope that helps:smashin:
  29. Dagger Six

Dagger Six Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Didnt take my earlier advise then (post #79)........:rolleyes:

Bit annoyed yesterday as I shot a DRB member square in the back with the tranq gun and he died!:thumbsdow
  30. David 8

David 8 Active Member

Ratings:
    +370
    This has probably been asked before so apologies... I started this game last night and have almost done the first mission but have realised I forgot to download the explosive mission expansion pack. Is it too late now? I don't really want to start over again.

edit: OK I've now read the first page of this thread and it seems that its too late now, nevermind.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011