Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVR2113CI with wifi entertainment bridge HELP!

Discussion in 'Integrated Amplifiers & Receivers' started by Jsalgan, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Jsalgan

Jsalgan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was told I could get the Denon AVR2113CI and via a Wifi entertainment bridge like Limksys WES610N I could play .mp3's off my computer on Windows Media Player, but I can't get it to work. Any suggestions?
  2. Mark.Yudkin

Mark.Yudkin Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,274
    You are going to need to be a little bit more precise about what's happening than this, otherwise the only answer you're going to to get to read the manuals - even though "RTFM" is quite probably the best advice anybody can give you. How are the Denon, the Linksys the PC configured? Do they communicate with each other (the PC is easier to test with)? What exactly isn't working?
  3. Jsalgan

Jsalgan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First of all, thanks for even being willing to deal with a "NooB". Of course, I am past the basics, manual, and tech support.

To simplify matters I have the Denon AVR-2113CI tied directly to the Router (ASUS). I have internet as I am getting Internet Radio and I have been able to get the latest Firmware update. On Windows Media Player (Version 11) on my Windows XP Desktop, I have gone into Media Sharing and selected the Denon (the Media Player saw it) and clicked "Allow". The Windows Firewall is off (just to be sure).

Still when I go to "Internet Media" in the Network section, it comes up empty.

This is where I need help - perhaps a simple but aggravating Media Player Setting that has eluded me?

Thanks for your time and assistance!

Jaaron
  4. Mark.Yudkin

Mark.Yudkin Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,274
    First just a simple comment. The Denon CI models are US-specific, whereas these forum are European. If you're US-based, you'll probably get more help asking on a forum where your receiver is sold.

Don't forget to turn on network discovery as well as media sharing (and disabling password sharing), else the Denon won't find the PC's resources. After sharing to the Denon, click customize and check that all is OK. Also check that the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service is configured to start automatically. See also here.

Your Denon supports DLNA, but Windows Media Player 12 (Windows 7) is the first version that properly supports DLNA intrinsically (otherwise it's a hit and miss thing that works for some and fails for others). Since you're on XP, the easiest thing to do is install an alternative third-party DLNA media server for Windows XP. There are quite a number available.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012