Denon AVR-2312 - Owners' Thread

I never had a problem with my GUI, on any input. Didn't know there was a problem.

Can anyone help Just upgraded my old Denon to a new avr 2312 I am using an over head projector with no HDMI connections so am using Component cables as I did with my old Denon but I can not get a picture out of the monitor component connection on the back of the Denon

Hi, what input types are you using? Only Component input will output to Component output.

I briefly had mine setup with Video output, with video input and S-video, but soon upgraded to an HDMI projector.

Hi thanks for the reply. I spoke to Denon and they said my projector component input would not work. I went and bought a new Epson 3D projector and it works great.

Ptryy much what I did, albeit I saved myself the cost of the phonecall to Denon. :laugh:

Epson TW6000. Marvellous!

If u have composite video and component inputs, would they be visible on the component video out (monitor)?

Could u then have dual ouputs of these connected inputs as u would have hdmi out and component out of any device at component level or below...

If u have composite video and component inputs, would they be visible on the component video out (monitor)?

Could u then have dual ouputs of these connected inputs as u would have hdmi out and component out of any device at component level or below...

Why would you bother when the amp can convert all non HDMI video inputs to HDMI? If you've component video sources there's no need to also have a component video output because the amp can convert the signal to HDMI.

This amp has only 1 hdmi out, unlike the 3312.

Its just a query to see it is possible. Am not saying anyone would or should do it, but whether you could do it..

This amp has only 1 hdmi out, unlike the 3312.

Its just a query to see it is possible. Am not saying anyone would or should do it, but whether you could do it..

A bit like asking if it is possible to poke yourself in the eye with a twig :D

But, you'd not be able to output anything other than component sources via the amp's component output. If you need more than one feed then split the amp's single HDMI output via an HDMI matrix or splitter. At least you can convert analogue source components to HDMI, therefore eliminating the need for both component and HDMI outputs. Not sure what advantage there is to having both component and HDMI outputs at the same time?

Last edited:

The Denon manual indicates what inputs can be used with which outputs. It'll scale up, but not down.

Denon_2312_Input_Output.gif

Changed my password on the net and now can't log into the Last.FM service

Luckily the f/w just updated and when i go back into it it asks for the login info - When i type it in, it now says i need to subscribe for the service

Was the Last.FM only a free trail thing then?

Anyone know if the speaker terminals / binding posts are 4mm or 6mm ?

Hi guys,

Loving this AVR at the moment, absolutely superb sound for the money but I have one little annoyance.

I've been playing with the Airplay function and when I first turn it on the volume is RIDICULOUSLY loud regardless of what the volume was on before or set as the turn on volume.

What setting do I need to change to start it at a more sociable volume?:lease:

vader100 said:
Hi guys,

Loving this AVR at the moment, absolutely superb sound for the money but I have one little annoyance.

I've been playing with the Airplay function and when I first turn it on the volume is RIDICULOUSLY loud regardless of what the volume was on before or set as the turn on volume.

What was the volume level of ur iphone / ios device at?

Hi guys,

As poster above me suggests, it's down to your volume level in iTunes (or Music on iphone etc) most likely.

Thanks guys, Just realised this is the wrong thread, I've got a 1912 but i reckon it's the same in this aspect.

Okay, so it's 08.40am and I have my brand new 2312 and a brand new Denon 2012 blu ray player sitting all boxed up and ready to be opened and connected up to my Samsung D8000 and KEFs. Just got to put the new TV stand together and I'm off.
Hope there'll be someone hanging around on here for the many questions that will obviously be heading this way throughout the day :D

Savour the moment & allow plenty of time for configuration :smashin:

Newspapertaxi said:
Okay, so it's 08.40am and I have my brand new 2312 and a brand new Denon 2012 blu ray player sitting all boxed up and ready to be opened and connected up to my Samsung D8000 and KEFs. Just got to put the new TV stand together and I'm off.
Hope there'll be someone hanging around on here for the many questions that will obviously be heading this way throughout the day :D

Pictures!!!!

I currently have a Rotel stereo amp with 2 B&W 602.5 floorstanders. I am looking at getting some more 600 series speakers and the 2312 for the A/V surround setup, but I would like to keep my Stereo amp for dedicated music.

Now I know the 2312 doesn't have pre-outs whereas the 3312 does, but apart from that I don't need the other features of the 3312 (I think ;) ) - plus the owners thread does seem to have a lot of niggles in it, not like this one! :)

So, I assume I can use a speaker source switch to share the front speakers between the 2 amps, but can I connect the 2312 to the Rotel as just a source, so I can use it for the internet radio?

I currently have a Rotel stereo amp with 2 B&W 602.5 floorstanders. I am looking at getting some more 600 series speakers and the 2312 for the A/V surround setup, but I would like to keep my Stereo amp for dedicated music.

Now I know the 2312 doesn't have pre-outs whereas the 3312 does, but apart from that I don't need the other features of the 3312 (I think ;) ) - plus the owners thread does seem to have a lot of niggles in it, not like this one! :)

So, I assume I can use a speaker source switch to share the front speakers between the 2 amps,
Not sure what a speaker source switch is.

but can I connect the 2312 to the Rotel as just a source, so I can use it for the internet radio?
This should be possible i believe, using the ZONE 2 function and PRE OUTS.

Freakbro said:

So, I assume I can use a speaker source switch to share the front speakers between the 2 amps, but can I connect the 2312 to the Rotel as just a source, so I can use it for the internet radio?

This is exactly the sort of set up I am trying to figure out. Can I use my front speakers with the denon AND a dedicated stereo amp. Can the zone 2 preouts be used in this way? I currently have the speakers bi-amped through the denon. I just don't know what the best way of doing it will be!

Try it. Set the amp up for zone two using the pre outs and then choose zones when u want to switch from surround sound to stereo....should work

Everything is connected up and just needs some tweaking (tomorrow's job) but I have a couple of questions
1. The amp told me it wanted an update which I initially ignored but now want to do - where in the settings can I ask it to do this?
2. SKY HD - my HD box is set to output sound by optical and on the amp I've set Input mode for SKY to Digital (HDMI is set to HDMI3 and Digital is set to OPT1 in "Input Assign") but the amp displays DTS NEO 6 Cinema on it's display. Shouldn't it be showing Dolby Digital?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom