1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 1906 how to reset to factory settings?

Discussion in 'Integrated Amplifiers & Receivers' started by sambd, Aug 17, 2008.

1. sambd

sambd Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Hi all i have just brought a denon 1906 for £80 and i'm happy with the looks but i would really like to hear my movies and music off my pc via an optical cable.

The first thing i need to do is reset the setting. I'm looking through the manual and i cannot see any reference to a factory reset, i want it reset because the previous own had a named PS3 setting and i don't have a ps3.

Then i will need to figure out how which setting i need for an optical out :rotfl:
  2. sambd

sambd Member

Ratings:
    +13
    ok found out how to get the sound working now just by luck lols

Now i just need to reset it :smashin:
  3. Shared

Shared Member

Ratings:
    +242
    1/ Switch off the unit using Main power switch

2/ Keep both Speaker A and Speaker B buttons depressed and turn on unit using Main power switch

3/ Check that the entire display is flashing at 1 Second intervals, when it is release the buttons. :)
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. sambd

sambd Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks a lot it did the trick :smashin:
  5. sambd

sambd Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Hi all got another question :D

Just used the auto setup with the mic and everything in movie terms is good with DTS. But when i switch to just lessening to music in 5ch stereo it sounds very flat and muffled. When i turn my main L and R speakers off the music sounds even worse like it's playing a very low bit rate:confused: does anyone have any good advice?

BTW when i lessen to music in just stereo with the 5ch enabled it sounds very very good :D