Dead Island

He's got some valid points on it, however none of them are really that bad at all. None detract from the amount of fun you have while playing.

Worst bit is definitely the intro where you see the player characters, so as he says, you effectively get in a fight with yourself :laugh:

Also in the cut scenes when all the available player characters are there, even though they're not in your game.

Takes you right out of the game, and is very poor standards for a game that aspires to be a AAA game.

This closing statement from gamespy pretty much sums it up for me. :)

Ultimately, this isn't just a great zombie game. It's a great open-world game, a great action game, a great RPG, and a great co-operative multiplayer game. Being a masterpiece with a unique appreciation for zombies is just gravy.

GameSpy: Dead Island Review - Page 1

Dead Island is going to be a movie! Lionsgate will make the movie adaption.
Lionsgate, a leading global entertainment company, today announced that it has optioned film rights from Deep Silver to develop a feature inspired by Dead Island! The Dead Island film is currently in the early development stage and will be produced by the Sean Daniel Company (The Mummy, Tombstone, Dazed and Confused). For more information visit the official Dead Island website:

:smashin:

No doubt a true story. :)

38 hours of gameplay and still only 60% of the way through the game, my charter is leveled up to 35. This game truly is huge and great fun in coop. The amount of side quests this game has is very impressive. :)

Thought i would of loved this game but i personally dont like it at all. Sunk about 5-6 hours into it and just find it incredibly dull and just dont like the melee combat at all and find the overall game extremely repetitive.

Shame really as id been looking forward to this all year and gutted i dont like it!

That is a shame mate, were you playing it in coop?

I got about 5 hours or so into this before i flogged my Laptops and found it really good. Just got my desktop sorted out so will be back on this hopefully by next week. Do we have a thread for Steam Members in PC Gaming?

Also just seen Edge Magazines review of it as well. What a surprise....3 out of 10 (I could have put money on that). I've not really taken much notice of Edge reviews for a long time now as i felt they were always trying to be pretentiously controversial for sake of it and this is just another example of their detachment from games and gamers in general.

How on earth can edge give it 3/10, that's just absurd. Have they even played this game? Meacritic gives it 81% as an average.

How on earth can edge give it 3/10, that's just absurd. Have they even played this game? Meacritic gives it 81% as an average.

Sensationalist journalism!

Gets us all talking about it, so we go read it, giving them publicity.

Cheap tactics

Edge is a joke. They prove it with every review.

As much as I do dislike dead island edges review is ridiculous, I dont think its the only time recently they've gone for a very extreme review, im assuming just for the publicity

I havent read Edge in over 10 years. It was an awful magazine then and see nothing has changed.

Agree with the negative points about EDGE, refuse to even go read it even out of curiosity, as others have said it's probably a cheap way to gain publicity :thumbsdow
I wouldn't mind if they were humoursly bad reviews, but they're not.

The main gist of it is they say it's boring in single-player and unplayable in co-op unless you are roughly the same level as your partners.

I have no idea as I don't have/want the game but if that's how they feel then what can you do?

Right or wrong reviews are nothing more than opinions and as the saying goes like ***holes we all have one. Like it, agree with it or not it isn't worth worrying about.

I do agree that Edge is pretty poor these days though. I only subscribe out of habit going back to the 3DO days.

I do agree that Edge is pretty poor these days though. I only subscribe out of habit going back to the 3DO days.

Christ, now that's dedication to a magazine. For the last few years i've tended to read, Games Radar, Metcritic and Games TM (which is still a half decent games magazine).

Is the Co-op automatic or can you pick and choose as when i was playing it, i just had people seeming to pop in and out of my game?

Is the Co-op automatic or can you pick and choose as when i was playing it, i just had people seeming to pop in and out of my game?

Just set the game to max private slots instead of public and you stop people jumping in your game. If you want to play a single player game then dont log into steam ie stay off line. :)

Christ, now that's dedication to a magazine. For the last few years i've tended to read, Games Radar, Metcritic and Games TM (which is still a half decent games magazine).

Not sure if it's dedication or utter laziness tbh mate. I have thought about cancelling a few times but never got round to it! :laugh:

I don't buy it or any of the mags I subscribe too for their reviews; I stopped taking notice of what 'professional reviewers' think about a game I fancy years ago. Now I mostly go by what the people here think of a game if I haven't already pre-ordered.

I only ever read mags in the bath these days. In fact as soon as a fully waterproof tablet is invented I will muster the enthusiasm to call Future Publishing and cancel all of my subscriptions.

If I were inclined to offer a defense for Edge I would say to be fair that some of their specials and reports are pretty top notch.

PS agree about Games TM; defo the better of the two. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That is a shame mate, were you playing it in coop?

Yeah played some coop. At first I thought I was just sick of fps style games but completed resistance 3 on the ps3 and loved it. For some reason just hate this game. Its been uninstalled and given to a mate who's not raving about it either. Dunno what it is but I just don't find the game remotely interesting, exciting, fun, challenging (take ya pick :D) at all. It happens to me every now and then with certain games I've been looking forward to.

Might revisit it next year once I've nothing else to play. Only game I'm bothered about is dark souls which is going to be EPIC! :thumbsup:

Thats fair enough mate, I have felt the same way in the past with some games I was really looking forward to.

BTW I loved Resistance 2 and will no doubt be buying Resistance 3 down the road once I run out of games to play. :smashin:

Thats fair enough mate, I have felt the same way in the past with some games I was really looking forward to.

BTW I loved Resistance 2 and will no doubt be buying Resistance 3 down the road once I run out of games to play. :smashin:

Yeah I might revisit it next year and love it. I think I'm just too focused on dark souls arriving next week so any other game just doesn't interest me at present. Hated the new deus ex as well and normally I'd be all over that.

Yeah I might revisit it next year and love it. I think I'm just too focused on dark souls arriving next week so any other game just doesn't interest me at present. Hated the new deus ex as well and normally I'd be all over that.

I hope you enjoy Dark Souls mate. The game I am currently waiting for is Rage. :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom