1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damaged Samsung ue46b7020 batch!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by varez, Oct 23, 2009.

1. varez

varez Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered my Samsung from 1staudiovisual on October 1 hoping to take advantage of their best prices and £150 cashback.
    Upon arrival the box is very battered, but saw no physical damage on tv.
    When I switched it on I immediately noticed a black blemish the size of a fingernail on the screen. Upon further inspection in proper light it turned out the top frame was totally dented :mad:

[​IMG]

Bad luck I thought and 11 days later I had a replacement.
    Again the box was battered, and looked like someone was sitting on it.
    Screen looked ok, but switching it on revealed the worst clouding I've ever seen on an LCD - totally unwatchable.
    I inspected the frame and this time the left side was curved (difficult to get on camera - looks worse than here):

[​IMG]

*** is going on? Am I just being unlucky? I don't think so. Seems they are trying to sell a dodgy batch of tvs, so beware and inspect them properly if you buy from this company.

I am now going to loose out on my £150 unless they have enough customer service sense the compensate me. Not sure I should even try a 3rd time - would you order from them again after an experience like this? Will report back
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  2. Badger0-0

Badger0-0 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,008
    Good grief, you'd have to give the box some serious treatment for that to happen.
    I'm not sure I'd put it down to the retailer though.
    I don't remember them being slated anywhere, put it that way.

I'd suspect it's the courier at fault.
    In which case, I'd talk to the retailer and ask if the boxes are already damaged in their warehouse.
  3. reddwarf2002

reddwarf2002 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I very much doubt the problem is caused during transit.

The Samsung B650 that I have has a very minor dent on the plastic bezel which I'm okay with. It looks as though there is something going wrong during the production of the plastic casing.
  4. Badger0-0

Ratings:
    +2,008
    I can't see that mate, they'd never get past quality control, imo.

If that's the case, I'd be put off the brand for life.
  5. reddwarf2002

reddwarf2002 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Or the plastic used for the casing is of poor quality and deforms (settles) over time (after production).
  6. varez

varez Member

Ratings:
    +0
    From the looks of it I don't think damage like this could happen overnight - it looks like it has been mishandled over a substantial period (curving the frame). In that case the box would have looked battered already in the warehouse, and the company should have checked the content before selling on to the customers.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  7. Badger0-0

Ratings:
    +2,008
    Yes, you could be right.

Agreed.
  8. reddwarf2002

reddwarf2002 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Although your B7020 seems to be quite severe, I don't think the plastic problem is isolated to Samsungs. I had a Sony W5500 which had bezel imperfections.

The manufacturers seem too be using cheaper materials in order to compete on price.
  9. DLoop

DLoop Member

Ratings:
    +47
    My understanding is that the Samsung cashback promotion is being extended.
  10. madzo2006

madzo2006 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Where did you hear that. On the Samsung site the T&C's still say the TV has to be purchased before 31/10/09
  11. TheForge

TheForge Member

Ratings:
    +137
    I would bet the warping is caused by heat, maybe a container got too hot from the sun during its long sea voyage or it was left too near a heater in a warehouse.

I would never accept a TV in that condition, it would be like buying a car with dented body panels.

If your paying for postage make sure you get a refund for that too, you should not have to pay for clearly defective products.

The Forge
  12. steve69

steve69 Member

Ratings:
    +46
    this soon got me onto the samsung site as i thought i might be able to get £150 back. unfortunately the tv's have to be purchased between 1st oct to the 31st of oct, so i wont be able to get it as i got mine before oct.

to the op,
    that is bad and i feel for you, you are having a serious bought of bad luck. surly they should arrange pickup and you should not be out of pocket at all imo. i would of thought you should be able to ask for a bit of compo for all the hassle that you have been through.
    i do remember (i think it was on here somewhere ) that there was some tv's that had problems with the bezels but i wasnt sure which tv it was.
    i would give the shop one more try to get it right if it was me, but at the end of the day its how you feel what you want to do.
  13. ricki

ricki Member

Ratings:
    +25
    i used to work at a depot owned by a famous high street outlet [indian food anyone] and what goes on in there beggars belief. the suppliers delivers damaged goods sometimes and this to my knowledge doesn't necessarily go back to the manufacturer as damage/returns - they just re-route/dumped it to the nearest outlet that buys them for less.

Most of this item also get damage in the warehouse itself due to improper handling, stacking up too many items and most importantly, during delivery -the pressure put on the delivery driver is so much that they don't give a toss about your tv or whatever.