Currys Cash for Goals!

I registered for cash for goals and got the confimation email but like a idiot i have deleted it so i dont have the link to claim is it a generic link or unique to each person can anyone forward it to me else i feel im gonna lose out now :(

AFAIK they're unique. If your using MS Outlook or similar there should still be a copy of the email on your ISP's server. Log onto your email account via Internet explorer to find it.

well it's taken a million and one emails to the knowhow team, but I have just finally received my confirmation email!

Hopefully England win us some more money tonight!

The damn things are like busses they all come along at once!!! I received my email confirmation last week and today I just got another one. I think the expression is 'They couldn't organise a kiss in a W****House'

Hi guys

Is it a bird, is it a plane...no its the confirmation email ive been waiting 6 weeks for.
It finally arrived today.

Keep trying guys

HI all, I have not seen a confirmation email although registered within a day of purchase. I am trying to search for the email but not sure if I should be searching under Dixons, Currys, PCworld or DSG?? Any advice is welcome. I will then start chasing with calls, emails etc.

thanks

HI all, I have not seen a confirmation email although registered within a day of purchase. I am trying to search for the email but not sure if I should be searching under Dixons, Currys, PCworld or DSG?? Any advice is welcome. I will then start chasing with calls, emails etc.

thanks

My emails; I have 2!! are both entitled

Currys Important information regarding Cash For Goals: Confirmation Email

And when you click the link you get..

Thank you for entering the Currys and PC World Cash for Goals promotion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're proud of England scoring 5 goals and are very pleased to be sending you a cheque for £50 which will be posted to the address you submitted when registering and will arrive in the next 28 days.

Thank you once again for taking part in Cash for Goals and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Last edited:
I clicked my claim button this morning and a cheque will be with me within 28 days. The only odd thing was that the page it took me to said "England scored X goals and we'll be sending you a cheque for X"

I'm sure it'll be ok though...

how many goals did they finally score... are the penalty goals counted as well?

penalties dont count, typical...thanks

Last edited:
emailed currys telling them where i bought it from and they've just rung me from that store, told me they've had problems with the email facility and sorting it out and should get a manual email sent not an automatic one in the next couple of days

anybody got their 50 quid yet?

Not yet, but then I only clicked the claim button Tuesday or Wednesday as I forgot about it!!

Still waiting for my £50...
I dont believe in these gimmicks anymore its usually a ploy to get you to buy before there is giant price drop in this case its true since i took my first lg back i lost the goals for gimmicks and when i bought another a few weeks later it was down £600 Crazy

Last edited:
It's not a ploy or a gimmick on Dixons part. Naturally I won't say how/why I know, but the promotion *is* being honoured.

I'm certainly aware of a number of people (approximately 1.5%) who didn't receive their email because of delivery issues. Those are/were beyond the control of Dixons and they've been doing their best to put things right. But it takes time to process that volume of individuals on a case-by-case basis. I suggest you make sure your problems are logged with the call centre if you genuinely haven't received an email, or have lost your email and it will be sorted as soon as physically possible. If you're concerned nothing has happened, follow it up with the call centre. But my advice now when you speak to them would be to ask to be manually redeemed because that can be done.

Cheques are being printed early next week to try and get the maximum number of people in the first run, so don't fret that you haven't got yours yet - no-one has! But they are going out shortly.

theres always a 28 day wait or more on these things. Not really bothered. it will show up soon.

It's not a ploy or a gimmick on Dixons part. Naturally I won't say how/why I know, but the promotion *is* being honoured.

I'm certainly aware of a number of people (approximately 1.5%) who didn't receive their email because of delivery issues. Those are/were beyond the control of Dixons and they've been doing their best to put things right. But it takes time to process that volume of individuals on a case-by-case basis. I suggest you make sure your problems are logged with the call centre if you genuinely haven't received an email, or have lost your email and it will be sorted as soon as physically possible. If you're concerned nothing has happened, follow it up with the call centre. But my advice now when you speak to them would be to ask to be manually redeemed because that can be done.

Cheques are being printed early next week to try and get the maximum number of people in the first run, so don't fret that you haven't got yours yet - no-one has! But they are going out shortly.

I registered for 2 different TV's and got both emails but unfortunately both TV's had to go back, but my £50 loss was nothing to the £600 gain on waiting a couple of weeks.

ive got my email back and claimed my £50 lets see how long it takes 2 recieve the cheque

Its been a month since euro 2012 ended, how much longer...?

I bought a PC from PC world in May2012. I was given all the info about Cash For Goals and told I was eligible as I spent over £800 they even stapled my receipt into the leaflet. I applied sent off my entry, but it was only after the football finished that i realised I was supposed to get an e-mail back. So I called info line on 2nd July and was told that they had been having problems but dont worry i should get one soon. On 13th July I called again, was put through to the Team dealing with it, they said yes they could see I had sent my application in and would pass it onto head office and should get my money within 7 days.
Today 31st July still no cheque so called yet again, this time I was told that I wasnt eligable as I bought a PC not lap top or TV. Why was I led to believe this was not the case, it has cost me 3 telephone calls. The whole thing is disgusting
such a rip off, they shouldnt be allowed to get away with this.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom