Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Currys Cash for Goals!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Tookie75, May 12, 2012.

1. dadash

dadash Member

Ratings:
    +10
    we bought Mum an LG TV last week from Currys with the promised 10 pounds per Goal deal.
    Never mind not receiving an email, who cares about an email, main thing is the deal we were sold in the shop.

If we dont get our promised cash back by the end of Euro2012, me, mum and my sister will go to the currys salesman and plonk the TV on his desk...and call the fraud squad...
  2. .stu

.stu Member

Ratings:
    +41
    Still no email, so I took the TV back as promised. Today I got an automated email thanking me for buying a TV and recommending I sign up for the cash for goals promotion within 3 days of purchase. Shame the email is only 5 days too late...

Useless.
  3. 388geoff

388geoff Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    At last, one month after my purchase I have had my confimation email from Currys. I have spent money on phone calls and letters but have nor had an apology from them. Keep trying!
  4. balbal

balbal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

I have been told via email and had an answerphone message (i have saved both) that i am entered in the promotion but have still not received the confirmation email.
  5. Mike123

Mike123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

It pays to presevere. After purchasing my TV on 27 April I harassed them regularly and my Email arrived today. Don't give up:clap:
  6. Nightstalker84

Nightstalker84 Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Purchased my TV and registered with cash for goals yesterday and got my email today. :)
  7. yeahdatsme

yeahdatsme Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same! Got my confirmation this morning after registering yesterday.
    Glad they sorted it out!
  8. miskin

miskin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well i also got the confirmation email today Nearly 5 weeks after i registered.. Christ knows how long it will take to get the cash back ..Thats even if England can manage to score a goal.

Anthony
  9. 1ncubu5

1ncubu5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a 620T last Friday, but I didn't receive my sales receipt until today and now it won't let me register as it's past the cut-off for the promotion! Surely I am eligable since I ordered and paid for the TV last Friday? I have contacted the knowhow team but am yet to receive a response :mad:
  10. codswallop123

codswallop123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one online Sunday, as the offer had been extended until then. Obviously I haven't received the sales receipt yet either. Let me know what response you get. If they play silly buggers they can have the tv back!
  11. 1ncubu5

1ncubu5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like you're in the same boat as me then mate, I'll be chasing them down like dogs until I somewhere! I'll hopefully get some sort of response tomorrow, will post on here once I get it.
  12. codswallop123

codswallop123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a copy of the t's&c's if it helps. They refer to the original Wednesday 6th closing date, prior to them extending to Sunday (of which I have screen captures). It clearly says the purchase has to be made before that date - then you have 3 days from getting sales receipt (for online purchase). I don't see they have a leg to stand-on, so lets hope they don't try to play hardball.
  13. 1ncubu5

1ncubu5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well I got a very helpful response...

Thank you for your email received 11th June 2012.

Please accept this confirmation that you are still eligible for the Cash For Goals promotion, please register all the required details at www.cahforgoals.co.uk.

Thank you for taking the time to contact KNOWHOW™.

LIKE I HAVEN'T TRIED THAT ALREADY!!!!!!!

Will see what their next response is
  14. 1ncubu5

1ncubu5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's the latest response, sounds promising:

Thank you for your email dated 12th June 2012.

I am sorry to learn that you are still experiencing problems with the registration for Cash for Goals. Please accept this email as a confirmation that I have passed your details to the registration team, they will manually register your details and you will be sent a confirmation email in due course.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused and thank you for taking the time to contact us.
  15. codswallop123

codswallop123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a nightmare getting this TV and cash for goals sorted. This is the calamity of issues:

Last Saturday I reserved one at the store about 15miles away, just before we arrived the store phoned to say their stock levels were wrong and in fact they didn't have any 47lm620t's - so that was a wasted journey.

Then on Sunday I tried to order it online 3 times, each time the website crashed, when I phoned Currys they said none of them went through, but I later got an email saying it had. Then had the palava of sorting out the cash for goals over the phone yesterday. Today the TV arrived, on opening it up we found the bezel was buckled away from the screen at the bottom left corner, and couldn't be pressed back in - I was so disappointed I didn't even try it out, put it straight back in the box.

I phoned up and said either get me a new replacement tomorrow or cancel the order and take the TV back. They couldn't get me one tomorrow - so I'm sorry to say the TV will be going and Currys have now left me with two unhappy children and the feeling that Currys are incompetent to say the least.

Good luck with your TV's, but for the time being I'm out.
  16. jay27

jay27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

I have been having a nightmare with this promotion, I first registered on April 28th and still have not had the e-mail. I have made numerous calls and sent 20 e-mails to be told that the confirmation has been sent twice. I have even given them an alternative e-mail address but nothing has materialised, I intend to pursue this until I get a satisfactory outcome and will continue to bombard them but I will never step foot inside their shops again. A total shambles
  17. yeahdatsme

yeahdatsme Member

Ratings:
    +0
    £40 so far! :D
  18. Nightstalker84

Nightstalker84 Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Now were talking!
  19. dadash

dadash Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Hurrah...
  20. DAVE Wrc

DAVE Wrc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I registered for cash for goals and got the confimation email but like a idiot i have deleted it so i dont have the link to claim is it a generic link or unique to each person can anyone forward it to me else i feel im gonna lose out now :(
  21. Mike123

Mike123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    AFAIK they're unique. If your using MS Outlook or similar there should still be a copy of the email on your ISP's server. Log onto your email account via Internet explorer to find it.
  22. 1ncubu5

1ncubu5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well it's taken a million and one emails to the knowhow team, but I have just finally received my confirmation email!

Hopefully England win us some more money tonight!
  23. Mike123

Mike123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    The damn things are like busses they all come along at once!!! I received my email confirmation last week and today I just got another one. I think the expression is 'They couldn't organise a kiss in a W****House'
  24. balbal

balbal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

Is it a bird, is it a plane...no its the confirmation email ive been waiting 6 weeks for.
    It finally arrived today.

Keep trying guys
  25. ild72

ild72 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HI all, I have not seen a confirmation email although registered within a day of purchase. I am trying to search for the email but not sure if I should be searching under Dixons, Currys, PCworld or DSG?? Any advice is welcome. I will then start chasing with calls, emails etc.

thanks
  26. Nightstalker84

Nightstalker84 Member

Ratings:
    +42
  27. Mike123

Mike123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    My emails; I have 2!! are both entitled

Currys Important information regarding Cash For Goals: Confirmation Email

And when you click the link you get..

Thank you for entering the Currys and PC World Cash for Goals promotion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're proud of England scoring 5 goals and are very pleased to be sending you a cheque for £50 which will be posted to the address you submitted when registering and will arrive in the next 28 days.

Thank you once again for taking part in Cash for Goals and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  28. greenandroid

greenandroid Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I clicked my claim button this morning and a cheque will be with me within 28 days. The only odd thing was that the page it took me to said "England scored X goals and we'll be sending you a cheque for X"

I'm sure it'll be ok though...
  29. dadash

dadash Member

Ratings:
    +10
    how many goals did they finally score... are the penalty goals counted as well?
  30. greenandroid

greenandroid Member

Ratings:
    +10
    5 goals, penalties don't count